65 machineguns and silencers stolen from SHOT Show recovered

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

65 machineguns and silencers stolen from SHOT Show recovered

Post by Suck My Glock »

First of all,...how is it none of us heard anything about such a large caper? I mean, it may not be Ocean's Eleven level of larceny, but DAYUM!

Second,...how the phuk did they pull this off? The article unfortunately gives no details.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/las-vega ... -shot-show

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — Two men made their initial appearances in federal court Wednesday on charges related to the possession of 65 firearms, including machine guns, and silencers, stolen at a Las Vegas gun show last month.

U.S. Attorney Nicholas A. Trutanich of the District of Nevada and Special Agent in Charge Ray Roundtree of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives made the announcement.

Las Vegas residents Jamikko Foster, 27, and Eduardo Limon were each charged with possession of a stolen firearm and possession of an unregistered firearm. Foster is also charged with theft of a firearm from a Federal Firearms Licensee and unlawful possession of a machine gun. U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Koppe set a Feb. 27 preliminary hearing for the defendants.

suppressors, also known as “silencers,” were stolen from the business inventory of three separate FFLs at the 2019 Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show in Las Vegas. The SHOT Show, held annually at a Las Vegas convention center, requires FFLs to either disable or remove the firing pins from all displayed firearms. Based on these circumstances, ATF issued an alert to FFLs to be on the lookout for weapons missing firing pins.

On Feb. 10, a FFL alerted ATF about two men who inquired about purchasing a firing pin for an AR-style firearm. ATF was able to identify Foster and Limon from surveillance footage.

On Feb. 11, law enforcement executed a search warrant at Foster’s apartment and recovered 56 firearms, machine guns and silencers. The next day, a search warrant was executed at Limon’s residence and officers recovered an additional 10 firearms and silencers. One of the recovered pistols had a clamp attached to a security cable, which was still attached to the trigger guard.

If convicted, the maximum statutory penalty is 10 years in prison for each count and a $250,000 fine.

The charges contained in the complaint are merely accusations, and the defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.

The case was investigated by the ATF San Francisco Field Division’s Las Vegas Field Office and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. Assistant U.S. Attorney Phillip N. Smith Jr. is prosecuting the case.

Crippledtrigger

Re: 65 machineguns and silencers stolen from SHOT Show recovered

Post by Crippledtrigger »

They dont catch the smart ones.
WRMorrison

Post by WRMorrison »

If I had to guess, I'd say they stole a dealer's car that (foolishly) had lots of stuff in it.

-WRM
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Or maybe they helped cleaned up the place. Day labor? Dunno. I think they probably had the opportunity and grabbed a case or two as the place was packing up either out of trucks or the chaos of breaking down and loading along with a couple of easy opportunities to grab off tables at the same time.

Regardless you dont keep that much stolen guns and suppressor in your apt. Nor keep your partner silent with a pittance pay off. If they did steal a car they should've walked away when they saw the guns. So many cars stolen are pleaded down to joyride or unauthorized use and they should've realised what most of life in prison looked like.

You also dont, like a bumbling fool, go buying the parts everyone knows is missing from display guns locally right after shot show when they all probably knew s*** was missing.

No you bury that s*** along with your partner for a while. Then again chuckle headed jaspers dont think straight. Criminal masterminds they are not.
IMHO.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

WRMorrison wrote: February 15th, 2019, 6:16 pm If I had to guess, I'd say they stole a dealer's car that (foolishly) had lots of stuff in it.

-WRM
I say somebody left the back door open
Inventory was gone from three separate FFLs
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

I read somewhere else that they were fork lift operators helping to move all the stuff for the show around.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Well I would have held on to them a little longer and acquired firing pins from out of state and from mail order. These guys were not very smart.