C2 Tactical owner commits suicide

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

C2 Tactical owner commits suicide

Post by Pro2a »

Well that’s not the way I assumed life was going for him.
Hard to find any other details on this.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/po ... e-11210211

knockonit

Re: C2 Tactical owner commits suicide

Post by knockonit »

Bummer for him, shame that depression can drive one to this, figure i'm lucky i never let the biz take me so low,

wonder if they will (shooting ranges) will stay open, might be the death knell for them as well

adios amigo
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Wow. Happy Valentine's Day.
I expect the police will check out her story to be sure he shot himself, and she didn't shoot him and make up the suicide thing.
With a previous order of protection, I wonder if he was a prohibited possessor.
Freaky story, and so sad for the kid. What a goddamn mess.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Selfish. Ultimate selfishness. Disgusting. Sad.

Queue the folks who will say "guns in the home are dangerous cause you'll lose your temper".
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I always found it funny when guys used to say ... "the owner drives around in a "fancy car of choice" while we do all the hard work" Um.. yea
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

knockonit wrote: February 15th, 2019, 5:53 am
wonder if they will (shooting ranges) will stay open, might be the death knell for them as well

adios amigo
I wonder the same thing.
The state of the art Scottsdale location is pretty new, and I heard it was a group of investors for that.
And who knows if his business partner for Venn is even interested in shooting ranges.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Well, for selfish reasons I do hope they stay open.

C2 is the shop I used for the SiCo BoGo promotion.
thom

Post by thom »

It's sad for the families of anyone who commits suicide. Alcohol was involved. Put away the weapons and stay out of the kitchen after drinking. I hope C2 stays open
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

“Maricopa County court records show Carolann was charged with felony aggravated assault on a police officer after she reportedly kicked an officer in the leg when he was trying to reattach her handcuffs while under arrest for the gas-station assault on her husband.”
“Carolann accepted a deal in which she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct and served less than one year of probation.”
Sounds like a couple of bad alcoholics with a Troubled Marriage. She had her own problems with booze and anger.

I expect the police are doing a thorough forensic investigation to make sure he really killed himself with her gun, and she did not kill him then make up the suicide story as cover.

Again, the real loser here is the kid. This is not the first time Mommy and Daddy have had a fight.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Hmm, I may be watching too much NCIS, but something smells to me on this one. I read as much as I could, but didn't read that he was drunk, or drinking. I find it rather suspicious that it was her weapon. I find it suspicious that she claims she kept it unloaded. I find it extremely suspicious that a person bent of suicide would take two random shots (presumably at his wife) and then kill himself.

Lastly, it seems to me, that a gun guy would have been able to execute a better murder/suicide than this, if that was his intention!

Like I wrote, maybe I watch too much NCIS. 8-)
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

shooter444 wrote: February 15th, 2019, 11:29 am Hmm, I may be watching too much NCIS, but something smells to me on this one. I read as much as I could, but didn't read that he was drunk, or drinking. I find it rather suspicious that it was her weapon. I find it suspicious that she claims she kept it unloaded. I find it extremely suspicious that a person bent of suicide would take two random shots (presumably at his wife) and then kill himself.

Lastly, it seems to me, that a gun guy would have been able to execute a better murder/suicide than this, if that was his intention!

Like I wrote, maybe I watch too much NCIS. 8-)

Directly from the article, "She told the officer that Bergeson was intoxicated after having at least four drinks at dinner."

Per the article, her purse was on kitchen counter, and he knew she kept a handgun in the purse, so he grabbed it. "Unloaded" could mean she didn't keep any ammunition in the gun, or it just means that she didn't keep a round chambered....owning a gun range, I am sure he knows how to operate a handgun to load a round into the chamber.

He fired two shots in her general direction, and then one into his head. I've seen people shoot a few dozen rounds downrange and then put one into their head. I've seen it happen twice while I was working at a shooting range.

The situation is entirely plausible....stop watching so much NCIS. :)
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

but its fun to play NCIS when you have so little facts ... so I will play too.

Maybe he was just a savy investor and not a gun guy but what gun guy goes out and doesn't have his own gun? I dont go to walmart without a gun.

Sure sure he left his gun home because he knew he would be drinking but so far the only person saying he had 4 drinks is the number 1 suspect! Mwahahaha

and if he was a habitual drinker like the story suggests 4 drinks would hardly make a dent.
What kind of gun guy takes bead on someone at no more than 14' and misses twice? Seen plenty of bad shots at the range but he owned three ranges. I would hope he was a slightly better marksman.

Ok .. Columbo I am not.

Still .. no matter how it comes out .. sucks for the kid.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Looks like C2 is continuing on with no interruptions:

A treasured member of the C2 Tactical family has passed. Co-owner Boe Bergeson passed on Saturday February 9th. He is survived by his father, Jim, wife, Carolann, and son, Rhys.

Boe was a devoted husband and a father and a passionate businessman. That passion was front and center when he opened C2 Tactical in 2013.

Boe’s death was not related to and will not impact operations at C2. Despite our grief, C2 Tactical will solider on without our good friend thanks to his dedicated business partners and the committed management team.
Please contact marketing@C2tactical.com if you have questions about C2 Tactical and its continued operations.
Boe’s passion will live on through the team at C2 Tactical and its dedicated customers.
A celebration of life ceremony will be held at Christ’s Church of the Valley, 5835 W. Ray Road, Chandler, AZ 85226 on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 2pm. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Boe’s name can be made to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research, Shriner’s Children’s Hospital, or the Firefighters and EMS Foundation.
Elheffe

Post by Elheffe »

At least it wasn’t Bridger thank god
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

The wifes story raises suspicions with me