The Parkland law

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The Parkland law

Post by Pro2a »

Two things here....Wasn't there already an armed "guardian" on duty in Parkland?....
And why cripple somebody when given the tools to defend...with a Keltec rifle???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... 5a61a5bc5b

pvreb

Re: The Parkland law

Post by pvreb »

This is a first good step.

Have had only one experience with Keltec. It was not good. However, how do their rifles rate?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Haven't shot their rifles, but I've got two of the P3ATs an a PMR30 and they're all flawless. Mrs. Flash has taken to shooting the PMR30 every week.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Any organized, dedicated person acting as a security guard capacity is a deterrent. It's not perfect, but at least it may make some crazy person think twice about doing something.

Kel-Tec wouldn't be my first choice....there are so many less expensive AR's out there that would be a better choice. I'm willing to bet some enterprising AR manufacturer may be willing to donate or sell at a dramatically reduced price for this purpose. Maybe this could be a good way for Springfield Armory to un-f*ck themselves in the eyes of the gun community.

I'm sure every school in the country has student parent, grand parent, relative, etc with a military/LE background willing to volunteer or take little pay to do the job of security for the school.

I don't think putting armed teachers in schools is a good idea. To much liability, training, and opportunity for the gun to be accessed by the wrong person.