Origin of the infamous "Boating Accident" was on the original AZ Shooting site?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Origin of the infamous "Boating Accident" was on the original AZ Shooting site?

Post by Crippledtrigger »

The origin of the infamous "Boating Accident" that has claimed so many weapons is Something I've thought about recently, since I've seen it a dozen times on a dozen different blogs or forums or shooting related news sites, and want to find out if it came from our/the group on the original azshooting.com site.

I see that folks all over the country toss out the "boating accident" joke all over the internet lately but I'm pretty sure the early users/members of azshooting.com came up with it shortly after the site began right about the AWB sunset date. IIRC someone made a joke regarding the AWB being continued and the possibility of actually loosing preban guns if that happend. They said guns are evil and besides I lost them all during a boating accident at lake pleasant a few years back.

Does anyone remember hearing of a gun destroying boating accident anyplace before the early AZ shooting days? I cant. Not a big deal just wondering. Setting a new style is always nice I guess but by now you could probably walk on water with all the guns sunk at lake pleasant. Lol. I found it back in 06 on arf.com quoted by an az shooting member but I know that's 2 years after it was used on azshooting.

If you remember anything, holler back.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Origin of the infamous "Boating Accident" was on the original AZ Shooting site?

Post by admin »

I believe the meme came from AR15.com in the early 2000's.
hardmack

Re: Origin of the infamous "Boating Accident" was on the original AZ Shooting site?

Post by hardmack »

I dont even think it was then, I heard a similar thing from my stepdad's shooting buddy around 1996 as I was getting ready to goto basic. Im sure it has been a meme since around the BBS days of dial up though.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

I remember it being on prebans.com which pre-dated the old AZS, we have been saying it for as long as I can remember...but I am old and my memory is going to sh!t lately :shock:
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Ive heard this story since the 94 ban
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

The boating accident thing has been going on ever since Noah threw the Dodo birds over board.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Yes, I was one of those involved in a boating accident, just happened to be the day I took them all out of the safe for a fun day on the lake, oh if I had only insisted they all wear a PFD, the shame of it!
azrik

Post by azrik »

First rule in Boating Accidents...
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

If they ever drain lake pleasant......
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

:shock: :o
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I remember reading this on the original site and laughed...then I heard multiple people outside the site using the same "story" about all of their guns.

I tell you, never let a good "story" go to waste.