Bough a new rifle and.....

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bough a new rifle and.....

Post by Steve_In_29 »

I bought a Kimber 1911 from a local chain of sporting goods stores in CA many years ago.

It immediately required warranty work and Kimber at first disputed that I had "just bought" the pistol. Apparently it had been sitting in the chain's warehouse for years. After I provided proof of the sale they calmed down. However they still never satisfactorily took care of the warranty issue on a 1911 that left their factory with (among other issues) non-parallel frame rails.

Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

When Kmart on 35 greenway quit selling guns I went up to monitor the cleaning out of the gun room. There was some ooooold s*** up there. I think the oldest they carried on the books for 10 or 12 years. So ya some places can hold stuff a long time but I think that may cause the opportunity for serious problems nowadays.

This was the early 90s. I dont think I ever saw the ATF visit that store. They were missing a couple guns and when I was told to go get all the 4473s they were gone. They stored them in the auto repair locker in garage and the idiots just threw them all out one day. They couldnt remember when.

I'm glad I just moonlighted catching shoplifters part time that day. A couple long time people got fired. Like 30 year employees from sporting goods. For losing guns and paperwork. Almost every store that quit selling gun had some missing.
desertmoon
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by desertmoon »

shooter444 wrote: February 13th, 2019, 10:36 am
desertmoon wrote: January 25th, 2019, 2:33 pm Late last year I bought a Pedersoli 86/71 that had been sitting at the Sportsman's Whorehouse for over five years. It had dings and scratches and buggered forend screws...no one wanted it.....

Finally the priced dropped so low, I could not resist.

Correct me if I am wrong, but, that 86/71, is in Marlin444 caliber,... no?

If it is,... my cut down pre-safety Marlin 336 in 444 is,... THE,... weapon I take when I go to the Chiricahua Mountains/bear/cat country,... without hesitation, or, second thought!!!

They are technically available in either .45-70 or .444...but I have never seen one in .444.