Do we need another outdoor range in the Phoenix Metro area?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
w2tpmf
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Do we need another outdoor range in the Phoenix Metro area?

Post by w2tpmf »

Delfuego wrote: January 15th, 2019, 1:08 pm Yes. Without AZFG. Steel out to 1k :) Membership only. Dynamic movement. Etc, Etc.

I just moved to AZ and heard it was the all about shooting, but I have to drive +2 hours to get most of my rifle practice in and the long range rifle matches are really lacking. PRS/NRL (centerfire & 22lr) type shooting is the fastest growing of all shooting sports, but there is much here. Seems we are still not considered important.
Been Avery is adding a 300yrd range with steel targets on the public range. They have a 1000yrd but it's private for clubs.

Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Delfuego wrote: January 21st, 2019, 8:24 am 100 yard indoor seems like a no brainer in the Phoenix metro. It gets stupid hot here. There were 2 open to the public and 3 private in the area I lived in.
It would need to be a underground structure. In the NRA books a outdoor range requires a minimum of 1/4 mile away from any outdoor structure. Now at one time I was looking at real estate in the valley to put a range in. Still looking a a k mart building and a old frys building.
82echo
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by 82echo »

w2tpmf wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 7:28 am
Delfuego wrote: January 15th, 2019, 1:08 pm Yes. Without AZFG. Steel out to 1k :) Membership only. Dynamic movement. Etc, Etc.

I just moved to AZ and heard it was the all about shooting, but I have to drive +2 hours to get most of my rifle practice in and the long range rifle matches are really lacking. PRS/NRL (centerfire & 22lr) type shooting is the fastest growing of all shooting sports, but there is much here. Seems we are still not considered important.
Been Avery is adding a 300yrd range with steel targets on the public range. They have a 1000yrd but it's private for clubs.
New 300 yd steel range is just west of the DPS range. Has been open a couple of months now. Pay $12 at the public range.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Do you need to be on any special shooting team or group to get access to it?
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

Ranger1 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 8:56 am Do you need to be on any special shooting team or group to get access to it?
No, it's open to the public on certain days. Check the BA calendar or call for more details.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Cool thanks.
82echo

Post by 82echo »

Delfuego wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 11:22 am
Ranger1 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 8:56 am Do you need to be on any special shooting team or group to get access to it?
No, it's open to the public on certain days. Check the BA calendar or call for more details.
I think it's open the second and third weekend of each month. If enough interest, they hope to open it every weekend. I started a thread about this a while back -

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2958