AZ firearm law literature in spanish?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AZ firearm law literature in spanish?

Post by QuietM4 »

This should be an excellent opportunity for the person to cultivate a better understanding of the English language...the overwhelming dominant language in the country they now live in.

If I was going to move to France for the rest of my life, I would learn French in a f*cking hurry...just sayin'.

There is a Spanish version of the 4473 already...no other special language version, BTW.

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Hmmm,... actually, the ENGLISH LANGUAGE has been the undeclared national language since the signing of the US CONSTITUTION!!

IE,... the US CONSTITUTION was written in ENGLISH, and NOT OFFERED in any other language!!!

I write "UNDECLARED NATIONAL LANGUAGE" because I doubt our founding fathers ever anticipated politically correct opinions from minorities, affecting national social topics, that would call for such a topic to be addressed in the Constitution. Just as I believe they never expected minorities affecting many other social topics of today.

I find myself being greatly aggravated by any minority group asking for special treatment, or privileges, designed to make their life easier than other American Citizens,... greatly aggravated!

As to clearing up this particular matter,... there is movement on the HILL to address the subject of a declared national language. Although in its infancy,... it is a beginning.

"In a new twist to the contentious immigration debate, the Senate has voted to designate English the national language of the United States, and to effectively ban federal government ordinances and services in any language other than English."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 78896.html
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lew wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 10:25 am
ducatilover wrote: January 1st, 2019, 11:24 pm Aaaaaaaaand the hate comes out.

I hope we can stick to posting relevant info and not "immigrants need to speak English" speech.
You've been around here long enough to know that the morons will always feel the need to speak their minds. While learning English should be strongly encouraged, this country's been multilingual since the get-go.

You probably ought to read the 1st Amendment and attempt to feebly understand it, its all about freedom of speech and four other rights, learn them, you just might remember what being an American is all about. , its what makes America the greatest country in the world,
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

lew wrote: ↑Today, 10:25 am
ducatilover wrote: ↑Yesterday, 11:24 pm
Aaaaaaaaand the hate comes out.

I hope we can stick to posting relevant info and not "immigrants need to speak English" speech.
You've been around here long enough to know that the morons will always feel the need to speak their minds. While learning English should be strongly encouraged, this country's been multilingual since the get-go.

No hate involved guy,... just simple political views and opinions.

Why is it, democrats and those with no facts to offer in a discussion, always resort to name calling and bigotry.

The OP title is about a minority immigrant group receiving special treatment above other groups,.... that's all! Basically, a typical example of a failure of equality, under this Republic based Nation! This Nation was created, as a result of the inequality our countrymen suffered by a King, self proclaimed to have been anointed by God with superiority above all others.

Not a good thing!

Lastly,... a multilingual country can mean a country with a multitude of different language speaking occupants,... but, that does not necessarily indicate that countries chosen national language.

As stated prior,... the Creator Endowed Inalienable Natural Human Right to free speech without suffering the tyranny of a King, Government, or Group,... is one of our basic Human Rights that attract those who speak different languages to the most free country in the entire history of the world!!! Asking, or requiring, their compliance with learning our National language is not an act of HATE!!! Actually, quite the opposite,... it is an offer to become one with the people many have traveled across the earth to live with, and become a part of,... quite a unhatefull act, if you were to ask me! :whistle:
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

I think sometimes people have a right to hate certain groups such as those who break the law.

In this thread, we are discussing lawful folks that want to be able to understand better by reading about gun laws in their first language. I would say they are not being unreasonable but we can discuss why we think that they should better learn the language considered to be the primary language of the land without including any anger or hate.

I disagree with our taxes being spent to produce signs or literature in any other language than English. If, however, there is such available to those who need it that is not paid for by taxes, fine with me. No hate in this opinion at all. I'd prefer to call my opinion encouragement for those to get better educated.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

shooter444 wrote: December 30th, 2018, 11:34 am I believe non-english speaking immigrants are hindered, rather than helped, when speaking and reading english is not required. I know there are organizations funded to teach english,... seems like it's just a matter of making the effort to learn, imo.

"As part of a larger survey of Hispanic immigrants fielded in late 2015, Pew Research Center asked Mexican green-card holders why they had not yet become naturalized U.S. citizens. The most frequent reasons centered on inadequate English skills, lack of time or initiative, and the cost of the U.S. citizenship application. These appear to be significant barriers, as nearly all lawful immigrants from Mexico said they would like to become U.S. citizens someday."

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2017/06/29/m ... -citizens/
More like they don't want to learn and want us to adapt to them. Also a lot of them are not capable of learning as they have no education at all. I was operations manager for a company about 20 years ago, I decided to start a English program. Customers were complaining about not being able to communicate with foremen or workers Within two months all the guys stopped going and I was labeled a racist for starting the class instead of learning Spanish myself. I was fired for trying to help them better themselves.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

ducatilover wrote: January 1st, 2019, 11:24 pm Aaaaaaaaand the hate comes out.

Stupid comment from a reverse racist.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

ducatilover wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 10:14 am My parents are Spanish speaking US Citizens and took the naturalization test in English having only received a GED back in the 80s. They can speak English and do so on a daily basis however Spanish is their first language and feel more comfortable speaking and reading it because they have a better understanding when it comes to legal matters. Being their first firearm purchase I want them to have a clear understanding of the laws and responsibilities of our wonderful 2nd Amendment. That's all.

Regardless of how you feel about immigrants, I'm surprised (or maybe not surprised) there aren't more members (and people in general) willing to help others LEGALLY capable gun carrying persons. It seems that anytime the words Spanish or immigrant appear on this forum the bashing comes out. Perhaps I'm wrong and your hearts are truly in the right place.

I agree that learning to speak English is a vital part of being/living in America. However I believe a softer approach would be better suited when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. Us gun owners are often stereotyped and looked at in negative way. Perhaps we could win a few minds through education even if it means sharing information in a foreign language. After all our constitutional rights are not given on the basis of what language we speak. The sharing of information doesn't hurt anyone in this case. It only helps educate and empower those who may not share our love for the 2nd Amendment. That in itself is a win for everyone.
Why should we be expected to accommodate others who come here and do not want to adapt to our language and ways? It used to be a matter of pride to come here and learn the language. I'm sure YOU could help them understand the laws and do the forms. Should not be the responsibility of the ffl to learn their language. You could read/translate the gun laws book for them.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

curtmini14 wrote: December 30th, 2018, 2:08 pm if you want to live here maybe they should learn the language.do we not send enough tax payer money on these folks.
Exactly, as well as not making companies have to translate every label/manual to another language and provide someone to translate.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

curtmini14 wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 10:45 am This is a free country if you dont like it leave.it does not help your cause when 80 % of the crimes commited with guns are by folks of latin decent.and as far as morons are concerned takes one to know one butthole.
Some of us on this forum have been around long enough to remember Dealers Outlet, I probably bought 50 guns from them. They employed a guy to speak Spanish for those who spoke no English at all. I finally quit buying there as I was tired of the cops always coming in asking about a Spanish speaker who legally bought a gun and used it in a crime. I still remember the day two rival gangs showed up at the same time, told Steve you are on your own and was gone, that was my last visit. If you are not a citizen and do not speak and understand the language I am very comfortable with you not being allowed to own a gun in this country.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I am not going to get into the immigration/language debate and unfortunately I don't know where the resources can be had that the OP was looking for but since it turned political against his wishes I will offer a political opinion from a 2A perspective .... being a gun forum and all.

Simply ... having more people that actively support your position is a good thing. I know being in AZ its all about those damned Mexicans and their Spanish but being from back east I have watched lots of first and generation groups speaking a variety of languages and it usually takes at least 2 generations before that group has made its assimilation complete outside of parties and festivals when suddenly they harken back to their "roots."

Being a supporter of 2A and wanting the fight to stop restrictions to go forward well into the future, Gun training, Education of our rights and fostering a healthy love and respect for 2A in a group the size of the Hispanic population seems to be a positive. More people that if/when they are eligible to vote will cast votes for people who have similar feelings regarding 2A is a positive.

Keep your eyes on the ball .. if groups like AZCDL and NRA can grow membership by 10%, If politicians receive pro 2A votes from a new base by attracting an ever growing hispanic population and informing them of our rights .. plus plus plus.
lew

Post by lew »

Boriqua wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 9:05 am Keep your eyes on the ball .. if groups like AZCDL and NRA can grow membership by 10%, If politicians receive pro 2A votes from a new base by attracting an ever growing hispanic population and informing them of our rights .. plus plus plus.
Ding ding ding!

Most of the participants in this thread are failing to think strategically. A modicum of effort would need to be made on the part of these organizations to translate materials, but the payoff to us liberty-minded folks could be substantial.

[Just spitballing here, but what if the NRA and other gun rights groups made their literature available in a range of world languages in an attempt to sway opinion amongst non-English speakers both here and worldwide?]
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

^^^
Oh my goodness, that is actually reasonable and thoughtful! :)

But while we are on the subject of translation, if you want to stop Islamic terrorists, just put up Gun-Free Zone signs in Arabic!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Diversity without assimilation will be the death of this country.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Is membership in the NRA a form of assimilation?