California refusing to recognize the restoration of firearm rights by courts in other states.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: California refusing to recognize the restoration of firearm rights by courts in other states.

Post by Flash »

One of the things I learned a long, long time ago was go be informed about certain important things. CCW, 4473s, local knife and gun laws wherever you travel as I used to travel a lot on business.

And the biggie, medicine. I started out in Pre Med and went to Engineering after a while. Knowledge of medicine got me out of a tight spot when my first wife became diabetic and got my second wife out of a diagnosis of having had a stroke when she hadn't. It's also kept me from having at least one operation that was gear toward my Doctor's financial well being more than it was toward my physical well being.

Suck My Glock

Re: California refusing to recognize the restoration of firearm rights by courts in other states.

Post by Suck My Glock »

Yep, I remeber reading about a fella in Wisconsin, I think it was, who done something juvenile stupid like shoplifting when 19 and caught a felony over it. He turned his life around and about 20 years later received a pardon and his record expunged because he had been an exemplary forthright citzen since then. He apparently had been told that it would be exactly "as if it never happened".

Believing this to be literally true, he for the first time went and bought a home defense shotgun and filled out the 4473. When it asked if he had ever been convicted,...he heard that phrase in his head,..."as if it never happened". The record had been expunged, after all. That means gone and doesn't exist right? Obviously that meant the conviction didn't exist. So he checked NO on the form.

By now you know what happened next.

5 years and again a felon,...for what?!
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Exorpmtech
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Exorpmtech »

MarkItZero wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:32 am Incorrect, having ones rights restored in state court is recognized by federal courts. These guys getting flagged and prevented from purchasing in CA could literally open ffls in the feds view.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-pers ... e-firearms
Just for arguments sake it says nothing about restoring rights at a federal level other than you need a f*** Presidential Pardon to fully restore gun rights. For a state level offense it says "Talk to your state and see what they say" lol This puts you in a bad spot when filling out your 4473.

"A person convicted of a federal offense may apply for a presidential pardon. 28 CFR Part I specifies the rules governing petitions for obtaining presidential pardons. You may contact the Pardon Attorney’s Office at the U.S. Department of Justice to inquire about the procedures for obtaining a presidential pardon.
A person convicted of a state offense may contact the State Attorney General’s Office in the state of their conviction for information concerning the availability of expungements, set asides, pardons and civil rights restoration."
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Exorpmtech wrote: September 28th, 2019, 11:49 pm
MarkItZero wrote: September 15th, 2019, 6:32 am Incorrect, having ones rights restored in state court is recognized by federal courts. These guys getting flagged and prevented from purchasing in CA could literally open ffls in the feds view.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-pers ... e-firearms
Just for arguments sake it says nothing about restoring rights at a federal level other than you need a f*** Presidential Pardon to fully restore gun rights. For a state level offense it says "Talk to your state and see what they say" lol This puts you in a bad spot when filling out your 4473.

"A person convicted of a federal offense may apply for a presidential pardon. 28 CFR Part I specifies the rules governing petitions for obtaining presidential pardons. You may contact the Pardon Attorney’s Office at the U.S. Department of Justice to inquire about the procedures for obtaining a presidential pardon.
A person convicted of a state offense may contact the State Attorney General’s Office in the state of their conviction for information concerning the availability of expungements, set asides, pardons and civil rights restoration."
https://johnpierceesq.com/purchasing-a- ... -restored/

https://johnpierceesq.com/completing-a- ... -restored/
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I luv these self proclaimed political pundits that publish so profusely, as if to give the impression they are educated followers of the Constitution and, or, Human Rights,... when in actuality, they couldn't grasp the essence of these subjects, with both hands, if they were plastered on their arse!!!

"In Virginia, anyone convicted of a state-level felony who has had his or her political rights restored by the Governor or other appropriate authority may petition the circuit court where they reside for restoration of their gun rights."

OK,... first, there is no such entity as "political rights",.. there are Creator Endowed Unalienable Human Rights, and then there are Federal, State, and Local Government legislated PRIVILEGES.

Anyone,... ANYONE,...putting the word "political" and "rights" side by side in a sentence, are speaking from a relatively dark and remote orifice, primarily delegated to the task of excreting feces.

Second,... proof of their oration via the orifice I mentioned, is the ignorant statement that one must seek out the "appropriate authority" for "restoration" of said RIGHT/S. Anyone of proper education knows that seeking out the authority which truly and actually endowed us with our unalienable human rights, is a fools folly,... second only to the fool claiming to have such authority under the guise of being ,... politically empowered.

Third,... Creator Endowed Unalienable Human Rights can not be "restored", because they can not be removed from a human being,... users of the term "removed" should take a moment and read the actual definition of the word UNALIENABLE! Maybe then they may acquire a clue to that of which they wish to pontificate upon, so authoritatively! If they were to do so, they would realize that Governments can only RESTRICT an individual's exercise of their Creator Endowed Unalienable Human Right/s,... but, under no means possible, can any entity on earth, remove a Creator Endowed Unalienable Human Right from a Human Being!!

"Unalienable | Definition of Unalienable at Dictionary.com

https://www.dictionary.com › browse › unalienable
adjective. not transferable to another or not capable of being taken away or denied; inalienable: Inherent in the U.S. Constitution is the belief that all people are born with an unalienable right to freedom."

Fourth,... RESTRICTION is not REMOVAL,... or, if some idiots may prefer, they may use a multitude of synonyms,... IE,... confine, constrict, minimalize, limit, control, regulate, reduce, curb, moderate,... etc, etc.

BUT,... REMOVAL IS INCORRECT,... because,.... it is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Annnd 8-) lastly,... the use of the the word RIGHTS with the word GUN, are incongruent in nature. No where that I have researched, is owning a GUN specifically identified as a Creator Endowed Unalienable Human Right!!! One may retain the ownership of a GUN to exercise one's Right to protect Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness,... but,... in actuality, the protection of one's Creator Endowed Unalienable Human Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness can be protected with any and ALL means of tools, objects, and weapons available to every human being!!!

And with that,... I will rest. ;)
Last edited by shooter444 on September 30th, 2019, 9:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

As if gun control even works at all.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Mauser98 wrote: September 29th, 2019, 4:20 pm As if gun control even works at all.

Well, when one considers that GUN CONTROL leading to GUN CONFISCATION is their objective, and NOT PUBLIC SAFETY, one realizes it really isn't working very good for them,... since the USA is way behind in the One World Agenda of GUN CONFISCATION, as compared to their success around the rest of the world.

But they're working on it.

The only gigantic fly in their agenda at this time in history, is,... PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP,... and we should all vote to make sure he continues to do so.
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

shooter444 wrote: September 29th, 2019, 5:52 pm
Mauser98 wrote: September 29th, 2019, 4:20 pm As if gun control even works at all.

Well, when one considers that GUN CONTROL leading to GUN CONFISCATION is their objective, and NOT PUBLIC SAFETY, one realizes it really isn't working very good for them,... since the USA is way behind in the One World Agenda of GUN CONFISCATION, as compared to their success around the rest of the world.

But they're working on it.

The only gigantic fly in their agenda at this time in history, is,... PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP,... and we should all vote to make sure he continues to do so.
I agree. And actually I think the long term goal is to confiscate all white-owned land a la Rhodesia and South Africa.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

This thread had serious shades of leverman and gun carryin' kenpo days 🙄
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Ahhh, yes, nothing like starting the day off with coffee and adding another Ranger Danger alias to my foe/ignore list. :clap:

And the list just keeps on getting longer,... :dance:

17-21-23
Crippletrigger
HDS
Marine1
Ranger1
YNOTAZ
redj
smithers599
Steve_in_29
stomp442
MarkItZero..........and it only took you 2 weeks with your new alias :whistle:
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

This kook thinks 9/13/18 was 2 weeks ago 🤔
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Mauser98 wrote: September 29th, 2019, 7:54 pm
I agree. And actually I think the long term goal is to confiscate all white-owned land a la Rhodesia and South Africa.
I have been going over your statement above, again and again, but I can't quite get where you're coming from, in relation to Gun Control. But I put these thoughts together, in reply, anyway.

Rhodesia was a country of a black population, conquered and made a colony/possession of Great Britain for over 3/4 of a century until Great Britain's own Rhodesian resident white population basically through off Great Britain control, like we did. Now, the blacks of Rhodesia, basically the original native population, is reclaiming their country by throwing out the white population that did it to them in the first go-a-round. If memory serves me?

So, for me, to relate to your statement, I keep getting the vision that,... for a similar land grab, in line with the current Rhodesian land grab/race war/genocide movement, it would necessitate (for my thinking) that the North American original Native American population would have to be at the head of said land grab here in the US of A, pushing all, white/black/brown, etc., land owners back to where they came from.

I say this, looking strictly from a utopia type moral perspective, the Rhodesian political movement today, is in line with the acquiring and reacquiring cycle of countries/nations that has been going on forever. The main concern to most involved, is, which end of the stick you have a hold on, this go-a-round. ;) . I don't like it, or dislike it, but, these types of historic happenings, barring outright war, is how all lands have been dealt with throughout history.

So, looking at the bigger picture,... I doubt that the white One World Government grabbers would be so race specific if a land grab agenda was on their to-do-list, as you have put it. I think they would take what ever land they want, no matter who owned it,... race not being an issue,... unless of course, using "race" would facilitate their agenda better!!!

jmo
Flash

Post by Flash »

Just as a quick aside, when Zimbabwe (Rhodesia now) was run by the white population, it was called "the breadbasket of africa."

Now, under black control, they can't even feed their own people. Almost all the farms are sitting unused and empty.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

shooter444 wrote: September 30th, 2019, 7:14 am Ahhh, yes, nothing like starting the day off with coffee and adding another Ranger Danger alias to my foe/ignore list. :clap:

And the list just keeps on getting longer,... :dance:

17-21-23
Crippletrigger
HDS
Marine1
Ranger1
YNOTAZ
redj
smithers599
Steve_in_29
stomp442
MarkItZero..........and it only took you 2 weeks with your new alias :whistle:
I hope there is a check mark by my name. Just to put emphasis to the ignore.

Outting as leverman is apparently a ignore-able offense.