Man at gun buy-back arrested for making better offers

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Man at gun buy-back arrested for making better offers

Post by Suck My Glock »

MTURBO

Re: Man at gun buy-back arrested for making better offers

Post by MTURBO »

Link no worky. THAT PAGE COULD NOT BE FOUND.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Prime example of THOUGHT POLICE arresting a citizen before a crime is committed! Actually, this incident is even worse!!! My guess is, they were arrested based on a non existent law!!! I doubt very much that Miami has a law on the books making the action of placing an arms wanted sign in a vehicle window, A CRIME!!!

This arrest should go no where,... it is a basic abusive use of power,... law enforcement heads should roll, and a healthy settlement will ensue if the victims stay strong,... imo!
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

He probably stocked up on $49 Anderson receivers, smart man. If I did that I would re drill the pin holes and selector hole larger so when they took them home they would have to make a larger pin or weld it and drill again. This is just the jerk in me.

I used to buy junk guns to sell at buybacks back when they paid decent money. Some have offered up to $500 for a gun but most were about 2-300 max, I loved taking non working guns or cheap ravens and saying either buy them from me or I will sell them down the street. I got threatened by a local agency for buying guns from people in line. If I go to one today I usually look for good pistols and buy the slides of those with ar's I buy the uppers or strip it for parts. We all know the best stuff does not make it to the furnace to be melted it is taken home by someone there. It pisses them off when the good stuff does not make it to the buyer. I have even taken their gift cards and bought uppers and slides from people in line with them and that really pisses them off. Last buyback I hit I bought a couple Glock slides, a cop was demanding my id which I refused. He asked me what I was going to do with the slides and I told him put them on a 80% Glock frame and make it a functioning pistol to use for myself, that really chapped his ass.

Guys like me are the reason why the gun buybacks offer so little now. Eventually they will stop them as there are guys like me in every town.
thom

Post by thom »

Have you heard if there are going to be anymore buybacks in Az?
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

thom wrote: October 13th, 2019, 9:41 pm Have you heard if there are going to be anymore buybacks in Az?
Yeah - Our State Legislature has put 338Lapula out of business - Those dirty Bast*rds !
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

shooter444 wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 1:35 pm Prime example of THOUGHT POLICE arresting a citizen before a crime is committed! Actually, this incident is even worse!!! My guess is, they were arrested based on a non existent law!!! I doubt very much that Miami has a law on the books making the action of placing an arms wanted sign in a vehicle window, A CRIME!!!

This arrest should go no where,... it is a basic abusive use of power,... law enforcement heads should roll, and a healthy settlement will ensue if the victims stay strong,... imo!
You gotta read the report.

Yes it was dropped immediately. They just wanted him gone.
thom

Post by thom »

How did 338 lapua get put out of business?
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Man At Gun Buy-Back Arrested For Making Government Look Ridiculous.

"And a man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous."
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

thom wrote: October 14th, 2019, 5:11 pm How did 338 lapua get put out of business?
I used to buy non working guns back when the buy backs paid more then I would take that money any buy from other people in line. I also used to go buy guns and when I saw a AR-15 I would pay cash if it was a good upper then they could sell the lower as the serial numbered part. Back in the day there were buy backs that would pay 500 for a gun. I was f*** with bug time by the pigs securing the buybacks and was threatened with arrest, I told them I dare you. I started taking a lawyer friend after that, no more trouble from them.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

storage_man wrote: October 14th, 2019, 3:06 pm
thom wrote: October 13th, 2019, 9:41 pm Have you heard if there are going to be anymore buybacks in Az?
Yeah - Our State Legislature has put 338Lapula out of business - Those dirty Bast*rds !
Sometimes there are good deals to be had. Colt AR uppers, HK91's and 93's. Glocks, Beretta 92's, good shotguns and so on. I loved ruining a buyback.