AIWB and BAM!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AIWB and BAM!

Post by Pro2a »

Tim McBride wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 9:59 pm
IWB at 2 to 4 o'clock risks major injury alao if the gun NDs in the holster.

I'd rather shoot my d*** then my femur or femoral.
well from 12-4 pretty much covers the whole gammit.
Are you saying you don't carry IWB at all?

Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Copperhead wrote: June 24th, 2018, 6:12 am I carry Glocks always... and always use a holster and Saf-T-Blok,
Also, as previously mentioned, when using a concealed carry IWB holster I never re-holster in place.
That's interesting, I've never seen the Saf T Blok, for what it takes to operate, it looks almost as easy to fumble with as a safety.
What do you mean by "in place"?
devildogandboy
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by devildogandboy »

he didn;'t appear to be too careful when reholstering it. i'm thinking maybe he didn't have the gun fully seated in the holster and got some shirt caught in the trigger area, when he bent over it discharged.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Pro2a wrote: June 24th, 2018, 7:16 am
Tim McBride wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 9:59 pm
IWB at 2 to 4 o'clock risks major injury alao if the gun NDs in the holster.

I'd rather shoot my d*** then my femur or femoral.
well from 12-4 pretty much covers the whole gammit.
Are you saying you don't carry IWB at all?
I carry AIWB or traditional IWB depending on the gun.
My point is that all carry has risks, not just AIWB.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Pro2a wrote: June 24th, 2018, 7:21 am
Copperhead wrote: June 24th, 2018, 6:12 am I carry Glocks always... and always use a holster and Saf-T-Blok,
Also, as previously mentioned, when using a concealed carry IWB holster I never re-holster in place.
That's interesting, I've never seen the Saf T Blok, for what it takes to operate, it looks almost as easy to fumble with as a safety.
In place means reholstering with the holster litteraly in place on you belt.
Copperhead
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Copperhead »

Pro2a wrote: June 24th, 2018, 7:21 am
Saf-T-Blok is very easy, smooth and natural in use, I do practice drawing with it.
I use clip in IWB holsters, in a front pocket, cross draw.
When using an IWB and re-holstering, I remove the holster first, then replace the Saf-T-Blok and put the Glock back in the holster before clipping the holster back in my pocket.

Not at all trying to be a quick-draw gunfighter or concerned about appearances. I do wish to carry an effective size pistol conveniently and comfortably as I do move around a lot, in and out of vehicles and up and down at my desk all day. This works well for me and I've never been made. When people around me need to know I'm carrying they are almost always surprised.

Glock 30 or 36.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

waterdog wrote: June 24th, 2018, 4:55 pm I am just going come out and say it. Carrying AIWB or as the dumbshit in the video did, which is NOT AIWB carry, is just stupid.

Most do it for the perception of being a serious MFkr
Ok I’m lost. How is it not AIWB?
I’m trying to get used to it because it facilitates the fastest presentation, and I want any edge available when talking about life or death. No badass perception intended.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

I’m guessing that the appendix is the closest regional landmark. Plus to publicly market it and be PC, they couldn’t call it MIWB; merkin inside waistband.
Wouldn’t you also suppose your (any) method of carry slows down a bit when in a restaurant booth?
Berd

Post by Berd »

waterdog wrote: June 24th, 2018, 5:52 pm
Pro2a wrote: June 24th, 2018, 5:32 pm
waterdog wrote: June 24th, 2018, 4:55 pm I am just going come out and say it. Carrying AIWB or as the dumbshit in the video did, which is NOT AIWB carry, is just stupid.

Most do it for the perception of being a serious MFkr
I’m trying to get used to it because it facilitates the fastest presentation, and I want any edge available when talking about life or death. No badass perception intended.
AIWB (Appendix Inside the Waistband). I have never heard or read about a man having their appendix above their frank and beans.

"it facilitates the fastest presentation" ?? Yeah I'd like to see that while your sitting in restaurant booth.
Perfectly comfortable drawing in a restaurant booth. Done drills with people sitting on either side of me on a bench.

Drawn it sitting in my truck seat too.

If anything I think AIWB is easier to draw seated than strong side carry.

AIWB Glock 19 in a Keeper's Concealmeant holster for me. All day long.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

Berd wrote: June 26th, 2018, 2:35 am
waterdog wrote: June 24th, 2018, 5:52 pm
Pro2a wrote: June 24th, 2018, 5:32 pm
AIWB (Appendix Inside the Waistband). I have never heard or read about a man having their appendix above their frank and beans.

"it facilitates the fastest presentation" ?? Yeah I'd like to see that while your sitting in restaurant booth.
Perfectly comfortable drawing in a restaurant booth. Done drills with people sitting on either side of me on a bench.

I'm in agreeance. I find AIWB to be faster to draw and fire from all positions. It also gives you more security and control if one was trying to go for your gun. If you know what you are doing and train, AIWB is the best carry method IMO. I carry AIWB all day, every day, and have done so with Glocks, HKs, and SIGs for many years. Knowing what you are doing, training, and having a good holster are key.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

waterdog wrote: June 26th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Hmm, interesting. Well, maybe you and Berd should be doing YouTube videos showing how efficient and safe it is to draw a loaded weapon from Frank & Beans carry. If you are concerned with anonymity, blacking out your faces or just put a paper bag over your head.
You have an obsession with were the gun is pointed at.
Berd

Post by Berd »

Viper 1-26 INF wrote: June 26th, 2018, 9:28 am

I'm in agreeance. I find AIWB to be faster to draw and fire from all positions. It also gives you more security and control if one was trying to go for your gun. If you know what you are doing and train, AIWB is the best carry method IMO. I carry AIWB all day, every day, and have done so with Glocks, HKs, and SIGs for many years. Knowing what you are doing, training, and having a good holster are key.
Hmm, interesting. Well, maybe you and Berd should be doing YouTube videos showing how efficient and safe it is to draw a loaded weapon from Frank & Beans carry. If you are concerned with anonymity, blacking out your faces or just put a paper bag over your head.
Or I could just keep carrying a handgun in what is in many experienced people's preferred method of carrying a handgun and not give a flying f*** about your woefully ignorant opinion.

I choose the latter.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

waterdog wrote: June 26th, 2018, 8:56 pm
Tim McBride wrote: June 26th, 2018, 7:00 pm
You have an obsession with were the gun is pointed at.

You Gdamn right!

If you don't, you shouldn't be handling firearms.
So you take issue at having the gun pointed at the penis(we are adults, no need to say frank and beans), but have no issue pointing it at the femur, femoral artery and nerve bundle?
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Berd wrote: June 27th, 2018, 5:26 am Or I could just keep carrying a handgun in what is in many experienced people's preferred method of carrying a handgun and not give a flying f*** about your woefully ignorant opinion.

I choose the latter.
Wow now Berd, you and I clearly have no idea what we are doing. We might shoot off our penis, I mean, frank and beans.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

Viper 1-26 INF wrote: June 26th, 2018, 9:28 am

Not concerned with anonymity, everyone knows where to find me. In all seriousness, if you aren't comfortable carrying AIWB then don't do it. I think I have enough training and combat experience under my belt to determine what will be most advantageous for me in any situation I might find myself in, and for me that is AIWB, for you it might be different. So, to each their own.

Some good write ups on the method for those who might be interested in trying it:
http://www.gunsandammo.com/tips-tactics ... dix-carry/
https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/carr ... band-aiwb/