AIWB and BAM!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
h8pvmnt
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AIWB and BAM!

Post by h8pvmnt »

This thread got me thinking which got me googling. I found this site, i am a fat ass so have never considered carrying like this, i don't own a holster from this company but i thought this was informational enough to share.

Why Appendix Carry

azrik

Post by azrik »

That is exactly why, for any reason other than a defensive response, I remove and replace the gun and holster as a unit.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

waterdog wrote: June 27th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Tim McBride wrote: June 27th, 2018, 7:10 am
waterdog wrote: June 26th, 2018, 8:56 pm

You Gdamn right!

If you don't, you shouldn't be handling firearms.
So you take issue at having the gun pointed at the penis(we are adults, no need to say frank and beans), but have no issue pointing it at the femur, femoral artery and nerve bundle?
Pointing a firearm at any part of my body is an issue.
So how do you carry?
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Every since I went from revolvers or DA pistols with hammers decocker/safety, i.e. S&W, to Glocks I added a step to the re-holater process. Guns with hammers are easy to tell if the trigger is moving cause you put your thumb on the hammer spur and any movement is easily noticed.

First, pocket carry required removing the holster from the pocket and gun placed into the holster and back into the pocket.

When we went to Glocks at work in the 90s I saw more than one instance of s*** getting in the trigger guard when holstering or even after holsterd. This caused a local police officers AD from the holster while sitting in a chair. Keys got in there some how and as he stood up bang. He had a lever 3 holster at the time IIRC. I've had soft stow n go type holsters get the top corner of the holster pushed into the trigger guard as well.

So when reholstering IWB or OWB I taught myself to sweep the trigger finger over the outside of the trigger guard and my thumb does the same to the other side ensuring it touches the top of the holster. I then drive it home. I use kydex pretty much exclusively so this process is simple and quick as the gun stops at the trigger guard retention bump. It only takes a half second and eliminates the problem. I also quit carrying keys or cuffs, or anything else, on the strong side to remove any chance of a problem. Nor do I use holsters with thumb break or any other strap, strictly kydex with a rotating hood or other retention methods.

Some folks will say I'm anal but it's how I choose to further limit such issues. Folks should carry how they see fit without such pod people like pointing and screeching s*** as seen here in this thread. Basically an attitude of it's not my gun or penis so do what you think is best. If someome chose to AIWB carry I would suggest a level 3 cup...if anyone cared to ask my opinion.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

waterdog wrote: June 27th, 2018, 7:56 pm
Tim McBride wrote: June 27th, 2018, 5:24 pm
waterdog wrote: June 27th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Pointing a firearm at any part of my body is an issue.
So how do you carry?
3 to 3:30 outside, big button up shirt, no issues. I open carried up through the 90s with CC occasionally, when I carried. Then we got flooded with f**ktards from the east and Kali, so CC is
the preferable method today. But I still open carry when the notion strikes me. And yeah, I don't carry 100% of the time.
So....
You do realize that even with that method an ND could strike you in the leg right? It's very hard to carry a firearm in an accessible manner and not have it point at something on your body or another person.
Berd

Post by Berd »

I feel like this video is pertient to the current conversation

Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

waterdog wrote: June 28th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Tim McBride wrote: June 28th, 2018, 5:45 am
waterdog wrote: June 27th, 2018, 7:56 pm

3 to 3:30 outside, big button up shirt, no issues. I open carried up through the 90s with CC occasionally, when I carried. Then we got flooded with f**ktards from the east and Kali, so CC is
the preferable method today. But I still open carry when the notion strikes me. And yeah, I don't carry 100% of the time.
So....
You do realize that even with that method an ND could strike you in the leg right? It's very hard to carry a firearm in an accessible manner and not have it point at something on your body or another person.
Yup.

But we as humans in our everyday normal lives we put ourselves at risk. Those of us who are wiser, are constantly working on making that risk as small as possible. There is a big difference between taking a round on the outside of my leg vs a round through my dick and redirected through an artery.

Yeah, I guy could bounce a projo off a knee cap and hit a major blood vessel, but is much less likely.
At least you can admit finally that both risk injury and are pointed at the body.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

Berd wrote: June 29th, 2018, 5:22 am I feel like this video is pertient to the current conversation

Hadn't seen that video previously. Good find.
Crippledtrigger

waterdog wrote: June 27th, 2018, 4:03 pm
Berd wrote: June 27th, 2018, 5:26 am
waterdog wrote: June 26th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Hmm, interesting. Well, maybe you and Berd should be doing YouTube videos showing how efficient and safe it is to draw a loaded weapon from Frank & Beans carry. If you are concerned with anonymity, blacking out your faces or just put a paper bag over your head.
Or I could just keep carrying a handgun in what is in many experienced people's preferred method of carrying a handgun and not give a flying f*** about your woefully ignorant opinion.

I choose the latter.
So no video?

Yeah I didn't think so, talkin the talk but not showing the walk.
Something tells me you are in much less danger of being hit from a ND while AIWB carrying. The chance of bullet impacting flesh is greatly diminished in your case.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

waterdog wrote: June 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm
Viper 1-26 INF wrote: June 29th, 2018, 9:07 am
Berd wrote: June 29th, 2018, 5:22 am I feel like this video is pertient to the current conversation

Hadn't seen that video previously. Good find.
Didn't see any draws while sitting in a booth.

The speed at which the pistol is drawn depends on who's pulling it. Clearly, (and this is my opinion) this guy was intentionally drawing the IWB and OWB slower. So the video is meaning less
The entire point of the video was to use a laser to show that using carrying methods other than AIWB cause you to point the muzzle at your body as much or more than AIWB method. From the video, the strong side IWB has the muzzle covering just about the entire leg on the draw, when one would be most likely to have an ND in a stressful situation (or one without adequate training). From AIWB, on draw muzzle is covering ground up to target, rather than the shooter's extremities.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

waterdog wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 7:55 pm
My point from the very beginning is the level of damage when an ND occurs. When that gun goes off dozens of variables play a part of what the projo does after it leaves the barrel. You don't get to choose the amount of damage you receive from the bullet.
Yes, we get it; you are more worried about shooting your "Frank and Beans", than your femur or femoral.
Viper 1-26 INF

Post by Viper 1-26 INF »

waterdog wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 7:55 pm
Viper 1-26 INF wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 9:47 am
waterdog wrote: June 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Didn't see any draws while sitting in a booth.

The speed at which the pistol is drawn depends on who's pulling it. Clearly, (and this is my opinion) this guy was intentionally drawing the IWB and OWB slower. So the video is meaning less
The entire point of the video was to use a laser to show that using carrying methods other than AIWB cause you to point the muzzle at your body as much or more than AIWB method. From the video, the strong side IWB has the muzzle covering just about the entire leg on the draw, when one would be most likely to have an ND in a stressful situation (or one without adequate training). From AIWB, on draw muzzle is covering ground up to target, rather than the shooter's extremities.

Now you are just making s*** up. HA! NDs happen, mostly to morons who think they are gunfighters. Well I've never had an ND/AD, and I've been in a lot of gunfights... How many have you been in?

My point from the very beginning is the level of damage when an ND occurs. When that gun goes off dozens of variables play a part of what the projo does after it leaves the barrel. You don't get to choose the amount of damage you receive from the bullet. Never argued against that point, only said that you are just as likely to point the muzzle at your body with just about any other method of carry. Some people are comfortable with different methods, that's ok.

It amazes the f*** out of me the way people think today. I know, right? You my friend, have got it all figured out. Thank you, and I'm glad we can be friends.

I am done, Thank God!

But may I suggest, you have a good 1st Aid kit available at all times. Good thinking Chief, I always have a couple tourniquets and an IFAK with me.
Crippledtrigger

And who says theres no life after death for a thread.

At least the chick in the OP video didnt pannic and was on top of s h i t with a tourniquet!
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

Darwyn
Elheffe

Post by Elheffe »

Odd been carrying a 19 since the late 90s haven’t shot myself yet, but again I was told early on in life not to breed with retards