First Gun Confiscation Killing Reported in Maryland

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Miker12
ArizonaShooting.org Member

First Gun Confiscation Killing Reported in Maryland

Post by Miker12 »

This is absolutely tragic. Police officers in Anne Arundel County, Maryland arrived at a man’s home to confiscate his guns under the state’s Red Flag law. When he answered the door holding a gun, a fight ensued and they shot him dead.

"Police had come to the house Sunday night to speak with Willis, a longtime resident of the neighborhood, said Michele Willis, who was on the scene Monday morning and identified herself as his niece. She attributed that visit by police to “family being family” but declined to elaborate.

She said one of her aunts requested the protective order to temporarily remove Willis’ guns.....She said her uncle “likes to speak his mind,” but she described him as harmless."

Imagine how you would feel. You wake up out of a sound sleep to pounding on your door. You grab a gun in case it is a criminal, but it turns out that the police are there to confiscate your guns without even accusing you of committing a crime…

Gary Willis refused to comply with the confiscation order. That is when the fight broke out. During the struggle, one of the weapons discharged. Police, fearing for their lives, opened fire on Gary Willis, killing the 60-year-old man in his own home.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryl ... story.html

smithers599

Re: First Gun Confiscation Killing Reported in Maryland

Post by smithers599 »

one of the weapons discharged
Hmmm. I wonder whose?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

When the human inalienable right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happyness is threatened with a tyrannical assault, in one's domicile,... I would think shooting first and asking questions later, as a preemptive operational tactic, be executed without prejudice!

jmo
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Too bad he didn't take a gun grabber with. All it takes is a woman to lie that she is in fear and your rights are gone. All it takes is a family member to say you are a danger to yourself and the men just doing their job will show up and take your rights. All it takes to lose your rights is some loser who wears a f*** robe at work is to put words on a piece of paper and there go your rights. Oath keepers my ass, public servants my ass.

Every cop should question every order like this otherwise they are f*** traitors to their oath. Did this person harm someone? No, then f*** you I refuse. Are they threatening someones life where there is proof of it? No, then f*** you I refuse this as a unlawful order. The sad thing is they will do what they are told because of their pension and the fear of losing it so they will go and take the rights of whoever they are asked to take.

Sad what this country is becoming and those tasked with protecting us are helping push it along.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Oh and meanwhile the a**hole that did the last mass shooting, his high school teachers fought to get him thrown out of school for being unstable and it never happened. So they let a mentally unstable person join the military, learn how to better kill and then pushed him out the door when they were done using him. And now he does this and becomes a muslim according to what I have heard which is being covered up as usual. Oh well go confiscate the guns of someone who has their family member say they are a danger.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

:flags-waveusa: Hmmm,... here I am again.:flags-waveusa:

Give me a moment, and I'll get to my point.

I have read where some folk seem to think the first ten amendments of our Constitution is where we get our human rights.

Nothing is further from the truth!

The Bill of Rights, was a "congressional BILL" that provides the PROTECTIONS
of our Natural Human RIGHTS,... THAT IS ALL!!

Our natural INALIENABLE human RIGHTS are ENDOWED upon ALL EQUALLY CREATED MEN,... by,... their,... CREATOR!

Now,... to my point.

Being that our Natural Human RIGHTS are "INALIENABLE" makes it humanly impossible
to, in any way shape or form, REMOVE, TRANSFER to ANOTHER, TAKE AWAY or DENY.

To think otherwise is ignorant,... and is the first step that can encourage a tyrannical power to try and infringe upon our Natural Human RIGHTS!

Natural Human RIGHTS can be "INFRINGED UPON", forcing an individual to limit the exercise of said "Natural Human RIGHTS", which can make a person feel they have lost their Natural Human RIGHTS... but, as previously written,... they are
inalienably within every human being, forever, and without fear of loss.

Which is why our Founding Fathers legislated the protections that have served us for centuries!

Publications claiming that government power can take away our rights, or, that we can lose our rights, is misleading at best. Those who would infringe upon our Constitutionally protected Natural Human RIGHTS, would have ALL OF US believe that our Natural Human RIGHTS can be legislated away,... again, nothing is further from the truth!

If what I have written is not the TRUTH,... those who would infringe upon our RIGHTS, to the point of there being... NO... Natural Human RIGHTS,... would have done so, already!!!

Words have power,... sometimes choosing the words we use, is a solemn responsibility, imo.
lew

Post by lew »

Wrong folks ate the bullet.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Not to worry,... sooner, or later, if this type of tyranny continues,... the right people will wind up eating the bullets.

jmo
Andrew TCB
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Andrew TCB »

smithers599 wrote: November 12th, 2018, 2:36 pm
one of the weapons discharged
Hmmm. I wonder whose?

Sounds like the cop's guns definitely discharged.
Andrew TCB

Post by Andrew TCB »

338lapua wrote: November 12th, 2018, 5:44 pm Oh and meanwhile the a**hole that did the last mass shooting, his high school teachers fought to get him thrown out of school for being unstable and it never happened. So they let a mentally unstable person join the military, learn how to better kill and then pushed him out the door when they were done using him. And now he does this and becomes a muslim according to what I have heard which is being covered up as usual. Oh well go confiscate the guns of someone who has their family member say they are a danger.
If you "heard" something on teh interwebz and it's "being covered up" by credible sources, it is probably conspiratard BS. Don't be gullible.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Andrew TCB wrote: November 16th, 2018, 7:35 am
338lapua wrote: November 12th, 2018, 5:44 pm Oh and meanwhile the a**hole that did the last mass shooting, his high school teachers fought to get him thrown out of school for being unstable and it never happened. So they let a mentally unstable person join the military, learn how to better kill and then pushed him out the door when they were done using him. And now he does this and becomes a muslim according to what I have heard which is being covered up as usual. Oh well go confiscate the guns of someone who has their family member say they are a danger.
If you "heard" something on teh interwebz and it's "being covered up" by credible sources, it is probably conspiratard BS. Don't be gullible.
There is no credible news source in this country anymore.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

"There is no credible news source in this country anymore."

!!! :text-yeahthat: !!!
Last edited by shooter444 on November 25th, 2018, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mock0013

Post by mock0013 »

this is such bullshit with these new laws. so anti gun family and disgruntled audiences can turn you in?? without due process?