Places to shoot? (Yeah, I know, it's a secret.)

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Places to shoot? (Yeah, I know, it's a secret.)

Post by Suck My Glock »

I haven't had much time in the last year to do much shooting. I finally had some time and budget to do so, so I headed out to check on some of the spots Iv'e been able to access in the past. Holy crap, they're all fenced off now! It seems while the financing is still decent and the economy supposedly recovering, all the developers are going gangbusters to try and put in new tracts,...and as a result,...areas that have been open for the last 10 years here on the west side are now physically cut off. Church Road by Lake Pleasant was my first surprise. All the little spots I used to be able to get into along the south side of Az74 from there to Wittman are all newly fenced as well.

Anybody willing to share spot they know of? I realize the first rule of fight club is no talkie,...but somebody help a brother out.

Suck My Glock

Re: Places to shoot? (Yeah, I know, it's a secret.)

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well, short of that,...any other input?
DuneShoot

Post by DuneShoot »

There's a place out in the desert. Take a right at the bend, then left at the sequoia with 4 arms. Shoot off to the left towards the mountain.
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

Suck My Glock wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 8:15 pm Well, short of that,...any other input?
Table Mesa

Or

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=79
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Don't take it personal, I think a lot of us have our favorite little spots, don't care to share for the simple fact that the more people find out the bigger the trash pile. I for one am tired of cleaning up after the pimple faced Wally world ammo buying dirt shooters.
brian10x

Post by brian10x »

Take park link road by Red Rock 6 miles east, then towards the mountain backstop.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Yuma looks good.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

xerts1191 wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 9:56 pm Don't take it personal, I think a lot of us have our favorite little spots, don't care to share for the simple fact that the more people find out the bigger the trash pile. I for one am tired of cleaning up after the pimple faced Wally world ammo buying dirt shooters.
Indeed. I totally get it. And I knew ahead of time I was gonna get a lot of smart-ass commentary. I'm not taking it personal at all. But unless I ask,...no one can choose to share,...privately,...via PM.

Anyway,...worth a shot,...pun intended. :dance:
devildogandboy
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by devildogandboy »

xerts1191 wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 9:56 pm Don't take it personal, I think a lot of us have our favorite little spots, don't care to share for the simple fact that the more people find out the bigger the trash pile. I for one am tired of cleaning up after the pimple faced Wally world ammo buying dirt shooters.
this also has been my experience! I went to check on my spot that I shot at for years without ever seeing anybody and seems like it been found! I carted out a truckload of crap that they shot up and left, tv's, toys and lots of other trash. I got lucky at the landfill and they didn't charge me to dump the crap!
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

i think that until it rains again and fire restrictions are lifted, your best bet for legal, safe, outdoor shooting spots will be:
http://azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ben_avery.shtml wed thru sunday (dozen ranges holding competitions mostly open to all)
http://www.phoenixrodandgun.org/ weekend mornings (also lots of competitions open to all)
http://www.rsscaz.com/ almost every day (plus lots of competitions open to all)
http://asrpa.com/ (scroll down to joe foss for days and hours)

Poole
Dogslayer

Post by Dogslayer »

Years ago I used Google Earth to find some places to shoot in the nearest National Forest to where I live. It worked well. I wrote down the Lat/Long of where to turn off the paved roads and the coordinates of the spot was.

Dogslayer
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Sorry this does not address your questions.

Where ever you do go, please police your area afterward and take home extras left by other's to dispose of. Also please be aware of fire restrictions and your back stop.
Not preaching, just a good reminder. We all need to try and set a great example.
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

I was under the impression that all public land is no shooting due to fire restrictions. Is that wrong?