Anybody run across this one?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Anybody run across this one?

Post by shooter444 »

Suck My Glock wrote: October 7th, 2018, 6:05 pm I can't speak as to your specific question,...however, the Aguila out-grouping the others is no surprise to me. For decades, I didn't think there was diddly squat difference of any significance when it came to standard (non-match) .22 ammo,...but I was soooooooo wrong. Because Aguila uses Eley priming, all their rimfire products I have tried produce superior accuracy to similar offerings from the big 4 (Winchester, Remington, CCI and Federal). It took me a loooooong time to come around, but for "serious" .22 ammo, I buy Aguila exclusively. I'll still buy other .22 ammo occasionally, but only for goofing around.
Agreed, that's why I was so happy when this model 60 made one hole groups with Aquila subsonics. I really have specific needs for 22 lr shooting. I have some pain in the ass gophers that eat the chicken scratch I throw out every morning and afternoon. Then I have some roadrunners every once in awhile that think they can come in and make a meal of my free range raised baby chicks,... NOT NICE,... NOT HEALTHY!

Annnd,... all the above must be dispatched among my lady's goat herd, and my horses,... so, absolute pin point accuracy and least amount of ricochet is a plus.

p.s,... the other brand that had one hole groups was some very old Remington Hi-Velocity labeled "MOHAWK",... I don't think they make them anymore. Surprisingly, they both are lead bullets,... I wonder if there is anything to that, since the two other brands had copper wash bullets.