Bump Fire Stocks Ban Coming Soon

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
lew
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bump Fire Stocks Ban Coming Soon

Post by lew »

brandyspaw wrote: October 5th, 2018, 10:22 am That's kind of apples to oranges since suppressors aren't even in the same league as those junky bumpstocks. Plus, I can waste just as much ammo using my thumb and bump firing an AK or AR as I could with one of those bumpstocks. I agree that they just weren't worth the fight in a no win situation like they were in.
Conceptually, they are both identical in that they are firearms accessories. Relative utility is up to the user. Neither should be banned, and neither should be thrown under the bus for expediency or due to lack of will on our part.

redj

Post by redj »

I personally don't have any use for bump stocks.
I was just curious about those that don't care if they are banned or not , being they are just a part.
I know suppressors need a tax form and all that , but when it comes down to it , they are just a part and not a gun.
Would these same people have a different opinion about banning suppressors ?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

u evidently read into the conversation something that on my part is not there, i do care what is banned or not banned, but pick the battles that can be won, and be prepared for the big one around the corner, if the dims get majority, you can bet we will be in a fight for our lives on rights, and not just gun rights.
pay attention to the long game,

jmo
rj
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

redj wrote: October 5th, 2018, 9:15 am Would all you people that don't care about the bump stocks being banned because it is a part and not a gun feel the same if they decided to ban suppressors ?
After all they are just a part and not a gun.

Yup!

I would rather use a hammer to defend myself, than that accessory. :D
Last edited by shooter444 on October 5th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

knockonit wrote: October 5th, 2018, 11:22 am u evidently read into the conversation something that on my part is not there, i do care what is banned or not banned, but pick the battles that can be won, and be prepared for the big one around the corner, if the dims get majority, you can bet we will be in a fight for our lives on rights, and not just gun rights.
pay attention to the long game,

jmo
rj

I obviously agree with you, Knocknit,... and I will add, if I may,... picking battles that are more critical to any infringement on our Natural Human Right to protect Life, etc.,...like actual weapon bans, mode of weapon carry bans, sales of personal weapon property bans, type of weapon bans, bans restricting any number/amount of personal weapon property ownership, etc. etc.,... come to mind!

Annnd, of course, there is always the problem of AMMO bans/restrictions,... but, alas,I believe that is a subject for another day. :whistle:
Last edited by shooter444 on October 6th, 2018, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

Dam I can't keep up with all of the Quotes and re-Quotes in all of these entries.

But back on topic, Bump stocks would of never been in this conversation if it wasn't for all of the dummies that post YOUTUBE videos of them dumping mag. The dick head that shot all those people (Suppose ably with a Bump Stock on all of his weapons) must of seen all of those videos.

With that, POTUS got trapped my the MSM on Oct 1 announcing his new North American Treaty with Mexihole and Canada. He should of just told this stupid reporter to stay on topic like he did the other reporter that asked him about his opinion on the re-investigation of Brett Kavanaugh. Unfortunately he said a couple of weeks !

Has anybody talked to the DOJ if this is true. NO. So until the ATF announces it, to me its speculation ! There is no reason yet to get excited.

Look at it this way, DJT needs more REpubs winning in the mid terms ELECTIONS. Would he be that stupid to announce 2 weeks before this ban ? He knows Gun owners would be pissed off and he would LOOSE big time ! And by chance WE & every other Gun owner votes correctly in the mid term elections, this issue will disappear, because the Dimocrats + the MSM's will be besides them self's trying to figure out why they lost and not ask where the F is the Bumpstock BAN ? !!!!!!!!

AGain JMHO
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

I've put more thought into this than is reasonable, because I'm in the "all gun laws are an infringement" camp and this disappoints me. Trump is smart and subtle, and love him or hate him, his track record of accomplishments is impeccable.

Early on in this process he asked DOJ to start the process to ban them rather than redefine machine gun through legislation, even though Federal LE advised against it. To support that statement:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/23/us/p ... tocks.html
WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Friday that the Justice Department was proposing to ban so-called bump stocks through regulations rather than wait for Congress to act, a move that defies recommendations by federal law enforcement officials and could subject the department to litigation from gun rights groups.
I've come to the conclusion (in my own little fantasy world, that is) that he did this with the full knowledge that it will get challenged and overturned. Congress could do it; DOJ can't. And I think he knows it.

Then he can shrug his shoulders and say "well we tried." I think the timing is interesting for midterms, he knows it won't withstand a court challenge, but it will show a willingness to "challenge the evil NRA" and would appeal to more centrist swing voters.

This is the conclusion I've come to in my own little world. Don't take it from me, guys...
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I personally could give a s*** about bump stocks but understand the apprehension regarding setting precedent that inanimate objects that relate to guns can be a bargaining chip.

but here is the part that I find a little funny. I am NOT a Trumpster and thought there were better candidates. Having said that I love just about everything he and his administration have been doing .. except for him speaking out loud or tweeting. (cant believe tweeting is a fugin word)

anyway .. during the primaries when I spoke to people who were hard core "Trump is the guy" and I asked why the answer was always .. He is a business man.

I guess to some of you who have never run or owned a business thought this meant you get to make all your own decisions and say take it or leave it.

Nothing could be further from the truth. He was breastfed on NYC business and politics.

It is nothing but compromise and bluffery.

Between the unions, the local government and everything in between its about wheeling and dealing or you cant even get the elevator operator to bring up your materials.

It should be no surprise that he did the math and weighed risk vs advantage and decided .. as bargaining chips go .. that plastic, stupid piece of s*** that did nothing but make spray and pray more about prayer than anything else was something he could give up to appease the masses and keep gun and ammo grabbers off our ass.

I think its a good call even if I think making laws or changing policy on an isolated incident is stupid.
Paintwerkz
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Paintwerkz »

As a FFL I’m over here giggling like a school girl to see how they ban them for the 10,000’s of people who have them.

I hope they slip up and open up the registry. Lol
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

That would be ideal. open open open.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Gatsby and Boriqua (posts #37 and 38) make some excellent points.
samnev

Post by samnev »

My Brethren law had one but took it off. Had it about a year. Said the novelty had worn off. I told him good decision.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

The lack of concern regarding having a President order his attorney general to ban something, thus bypassing all appropriate due process, is amazing.

He is setting the foundation that democrats will definitely leverage next time in office.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Actually,... there is a designated legislated procedure to instituting a regulation,... it is involved and exact in execution!

Any claim of President Trump doing an Obamy,... executive order,... is incorrect!

Factually,... the setting of any foundation, that democrats will leverage the next time in office,... has already been done, by Obamy..
Last edited by shooter444 on October 14th, 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hahah, some fake news sure gets folks going.