Bump Fire Stocks Ban Coming Soon

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
omegaman
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Bump Fire Stocks Ban Coming Soon

Post by omegaman »

Guess they are close to a ban, wonder what else they will include or just the stocks. Hope they will grandfather the existing in. Like them or not this sets a bad precedence.

sonofbp

Re: Bump Fire Stocks Ban Coming Soon

Post by sonofbp »

I dont see how they do it without changing the definition of machine gun and that is dangerous.
currently its 1 round per function of the trigger, squeeze and release have been defined as separate functions for years so binary triggers should be slightly better protected.
If they make it about cyclic speed then lighter springs or any after market parts could be made illegal.

I just dont see how it can be done, a machine gun is a one handed squeeze and it "automatically" continues to fire.
Bumpstocks just cant rise to that function, without an offhand pulling forward on the weapon you cant bump fire with or without a stock. The fact that I can mag dump an ak just as fast with or without a bumpstock should make it a technical impossibility to make the stock illegal since it doesnt use any spring assist or other already illegal mechanisms.

I cant wait to see the legal mumbo jumbo they try to use to make simple f*** physics illegal and I hope there is a lawsuit. Every person who owns one should flood them with litigation.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

omegaman wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 9:37 am Guess they are close to a ban, wonder what else they will include or just the stocks. Hope they will grandfather the existing in. Like them or not this sets a bad precedence.
So do you have any links to the forth coming decision ?

Or have you been reading this https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/10 ... tocks.html the leader of fake news ?
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

They probably got it from the leader of fakeness. Trump himself who brought it up yesterday.
Super Trucker

Post by Super Trucker »

Sure would be nice if the pro gun stuff that was discussed preelection would happen as opposed to the continued removal of our tools used to defend ourselves from the tyrants in government.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I heard today on Fox, from our REVOLUTIONARY LEADER of TRUTH,... president Donald J. Trump, that the process to ban them is finalizing in a couple weeks,..., but, I don't count on anything, until it happens.

Personally, I lost interest in bumpstocks when more and more bumpstock manufacturing arose, yet, all the prices seemed to rise as well,.. even with greater and greater numbers of competition. And, all the manufacturers seem to like similar ballpark prices . :confusion-confused:

I learned how to hook my thumb on my pants belt loop, and bump a AK47 Paratrooper, about 20 plus years ago.

I guess I shouldn't publish that,... the left may demonstrate against the central Government to demand a ban of my pants belt loops,... or, maybe worse,... a ban on my thumbs,... or BOTH!

Then what am I going to do, if my pants fall down, due to no loops for my belt,... and I don't have thumbs, to pull them back up!!! :confusion-confused:
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

no skin off my nose, didin't get the attraction of them anyway
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I hear ya, loud and clear, Knockonit!!!

The only gizmo that sparked my interest, was the trigger group that fired once when pulled and then fired again when the trigger reset. Basically a legal double tap.

:happy-partydance:

But, I still wasn't moved enough to buy it!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

knockonit wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 6:51 pm no skin off my nose, didin't get the attraction of them anyway
You're missing the point.

Today it's bump stocks that you don't care about.

What will they come for next time? All semi autos have a 5 round limit with no grandfather clause? What's that do for your Marlin model 60? Yep, felony!

That whole inch~mile thing...
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

XJThrottle wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 10:00 pm
knockonit wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 6:51 pm no skin off my nose, didin't get the attraction of them anyway
You're missing the point.

Today it's bump stocks that you don't care about.

What will they come for next time? All semi autos have a 5 round limit with no grandfather clause? What's that do for your Marlin model 60? Yep, felony!

That whole inch~mile thing...

give me a freaking break pal, i know all about the camel, ect, ect, been around long enough to know how it works, dont need reminding,
i've been involved with gun rights since i was old enough to vote, an opinion is just that an opinion, dont need a lesson from a webster.
Rj
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Why bless us with the gem I quoted then?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lOL, you are under the impression, no one cares, but most do, but sometimes you look at something and decide its a lost cause, once this joker put down a gaggle of folks, the handwriting was on the wall, blame the tool, not the tool holder, that is the way of the feel good laws, if you don't know it by now, well...........guess it will eventually show up on your radar.

some folks just don't know how silly they are till someone shares that information. just saying
rj
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

The incident and this object has left the world of RIGHTS and entered the world of POLITICS,.. imo.

Now,... in the world of POLITICS, no, one, side, wins everything, every time,... that is just the nature of that beast!

If the only fight we lose this year, is BUMPSTOCKS, I can live with that, comfortably!
FlareGun
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by FlareGun »

Dont fight back because thats the way it goes?

That sure is a dumbfuck way of looking at things.