400 guns stolen

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

400 guns stolen

Post by Pro2a »

As an employee, I can tell you security is reactive at this company, not proactive.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ab ... ee-n915791

338lapua

Re: 400 guns stolen

Post by 338lapua »

Anyone got a clue as to what was stolen? I know there a lot of manufacturers close by like Barrett and Beretta and 400 Barrett's wont fit in a van. Had to be a inside job. UPS lost a M-16 I shipped to Texas years ago so I switched to Fedex and no more losses.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Definitely an inside job. I once knew a guy who worked at a UPS distribution hub in California who got convicted of rerouting guns inside the warehouse back in the mid 90s. Back then, all he had to do was carry some pre-printed shipping labels in his pocket and slap them on anything he wanted shipped to an accomplice's house. UPS at that time was not sufficiently computerized throughout the entire logistics train to keep track of a package as it transited each and every point of contact as it does today. For 2 years he had free reign inside the routing center and stole hundreds of guns in that time. He usually only did one at a time once a week, but loved to see batches of pistols on their way to police departments, and would always go for those. But that was his downfall. When San Diego PD didn't receive their 12 Glocks, that was the investigation that ended up finding him out.

Somebody on the inside of that Memphis facility knew about the guns and when and where on the property they would be loaded into a truck and which truck.
PK90

Post by PK90 »

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Can someone tell me why UPS had 400 weapons at there facility,... all at one time?

Is that a normal shipment inventory for one day, one week, one month,... or what?

:confusion-confused:
PK90

Post by PK90 »

I suspect 400 is a fraction of what they have.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Yeah, 400ish is pretty basic, especially in the place of manufacture.
And UPS Freight is an LTL company, so these guns were probably going to multiple locations.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Pro2a wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 3:49 pm Yeah, 400ish is pretty basic, especially in the place of manufacture.
And UPS Freight is an LTL company, so these guns were probably going to multiple locations.
The way things are in the industry that was probably a shipment to a distributor so they can get their cut of the sale before going to the transferring ffl to be sold.
Super Trucker

Post by Super Trucker »

338lapua wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 8:56 am Anyone got a clue as to what was stolen? I know there a lot of manufacturers close by like Barrett and Beretta and 400 Barrett's wont fit in a van. Had to be a inside job. UPS lost a M-16 I shipped to Texas years ago so I switched to Fedex and no more losses.
Why support an anti company?

https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/fe ... ty-policy/
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Details trickling out say that these were all from Ruger's plant in SC. They were 3 pallets out of 14 awaiting shipment to Texas. To me this suggests they were likely destined for Academy Sports, which is the largest gun retail chain in Texas.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

That’s just what Chicago needed! Glad it didn’t happen.