Another "good Shoot"???

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Miker12
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Another "good Shoot"???

Post by Miker12 »

HERE IS THE FULL ENCOUNTER: https://amirror.link/9hddgk

This is without a doubt one of the f*** dumbest deaths I've seen

1) argument over TRASH

2) threatening a guy with a gun, while he had nothing

3) Dumbass wife saying "you're not gonna shoot my husband" while recording the interaction and goadin the husband on

4) Bonus points for the sissy throw of a baseball bat at the man holding a gun

"Standridge said Howard and the Millers have been having a dispute over trash. Saturday morning, John Miller went to take out the trash, armed with a handgun. Things escalated and Michael Miller went inside and grabbed his shot gun. Someone reportedly went into Howard's house to get a baseball bat. Standridge said John and Michael Miller both shot Howard."

https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/abilene-p ... 3rd-street

Miker12

Re: Another "good Shoot"???

Post by Miker12 »

1) Rage guy was saying he was going to kill them a few times.
2) Rage guy was acting extremely aggressively. Voice hoarse, violent arm movements, advancing into other guy's space, and saying he's going to kill him. Describing that as "cursing" is not accurate.
3) The video doesn't show what happened at the moment of the shooting, so we don't know if rage guy actually touched or grabbed the gun guy. This is an unknown, so we can't say for sure why the shots were ultimately fired. And btw, if someone grabs you and you're armed, this is extremely dangerous because the other guy may take your weapon and use it against you. There's a very good reason to shoot someone who attempts this.

Let’s get this part out of the way first: All parties involved are absolute sister f*** morons. The idiot that showed up to a dispute over rules about what you can put in a dumpster as well as the f*** dumbshits that didn’t immediately take their kids inside and call the cops when they showed up and let them arrest both of these dumb f*** rednecks. Instead he bowed up, acted a fool, was eventually given a baseball bat by his brother and that’s what got him killed.

Gun > bat, nobody told him.

However. All that being said according to the Texas Penal Code (this occurred in Abilene):

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used;

(b) The use of force against another is not justified: (1) in response to verbal provocation alone

(4) if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force

They absolutely provoked the attempted use of force (the bat) and what they did is murder. At a minimum this should be a first degree felony, second degree at a minimum for both of them. This does not meet the requirements for self defense. You don’t get to take someone’s life because they swear at you loudly or threaten you. Especially if the reason they are threatening you is because you brought out a gun to try and intimidate them for throwing away a mattress. They are the ones that escalated the situation by bringing guns out for a dispute over the proper use of a f*** dumpster. I hope they both get 20 yrs.

Thank you, while I agree both parties could have done things way differently. Nobody needed to die.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

The dad ~~~may~~~ have been justified. The kid is going to jail for sure.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

XJThrottle wrote: September 20th, 2018, 7:13 pm The dad ~~~may~~~ have been justified. The kid is going to jail for sure.

XJThrottle,... I have no opinion on the video, other than "you can't fix stupid".

But, if the father is possibly justified because he felt his life was in danger, as you have suggested, then the son is also possible right to protect the father, if he felt the father's life was in danger, as well.

Like a said,.... can't fix stupid,... especially when your dead!
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

A quick google search showed TX's stand your ground law only applies to home, car, work. Not an ally.

Something about stupid prizes...
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

What I don't understand is why the father and son had guns anyway, they both obviously work out regularly with those bowling pin figures...

If the father had said nothing other than, "back off" and the kid kept his mouth shut and they both tried to retreat at least once toward the house they would have been good had the orange shirt big mouth followed them. But since the father kept also saying "take a swing" and the kid verbally engaged they won't come out of this clean.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

man oh man, what stupid crap, and waste of a families future, all because of ego, bummer, this is something that will last a lifetime for all involved. jeebus h christy
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I hear ya knockonit,...Stupid is as Stupid does!

I got the impression from the video that the guy in the orange shirt, because of his size, has possibly had a life long experience of overshadowing ( to put it politely ) other people, in, one on one confrontations.

I got the impression from the video, that the guy in the orange shirt possibly figured out from his, possible, life long experiences, that the guy with the gun was bluffing and he could intimidate him with machismo verbalization.

He,... just,... figured,... wrong!

Next!
redj

Post by redj »

I am sure there was animosity between all involved long before this happened.
Whether or not it was justifiable can not be determined by the video presented.
Not to me anyway.
I think they were all acting like asses.
Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Can't see what the orange shirt guy did right before the shots, so I can't comment. There seemed to be a delay between groups of shots, I think it was a board or bat that was thrown at the shooter. Other than the fact that this was VERY stupid over trash, it is hard to say if it was justified. Also, I am not familiar with the laws in Texas.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I can tell you this, I"m not giving up my mattress, outlawing mattresses is the last straw. :clap:

Revolution will be required to take my mattress, just saying :whistle:
Rj
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I never believed, throughout my entire life, that MAN'S LAW was ever needed to determine whether proper defense of LIFE and LIBERTY was ever needed. It has always just seemed to me to be a matter of common sense, and if the attacker wound up dead, well, so be it.

I always felt there is an universal innate sense of right and wrong, coded directly within the human DNA, that dictated a basic and profound respect for human life.

Annnd,... thennn,... I see something like this, :confusion-confused: and my moral foundation is shaken,... just for that moment before stark reality slaps me awake again!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

shooter444 wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 7:50 am I never believed, throughout my entire life, that MAN'S LAW was ever needed to determine whether proper defense of LIFE and LIBERTY was ever needed. It has always just seemed to me to be a matter of common sense, and if the attacker wound up dead, well, so be it.

I always felt there is an universal innate sense of right and wrong, coded directly within the human DNA, that dictated a basic and profound respect for human life.

Annnd,... thennn,... I see something like this, :confusion-confused: and my moral foundation is shaken,... just for that moment before stark reality slaps me awake again!
all that shiat went out the window with PC, as did common sense, its not taught, nor is it learned, as the PC crowed feels its not a use to the future society of lazy SOBS>

now thats just my opinion, and frankly the only one i'm concerned with at this time.
best of luck to all the believers of the PC fad
Rj
Exorpmtech
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Exorpmtech »

gunsnboobs wrote: September 21st, 2018, 4:20 am What I don't understand is why the father and son had guns anyway, they both obviously work out regularly with those bowling pin figures...

Had me dying. :lol:
Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

It's a win. Homicidal idiot #1 is out of the gene pool. Homicidal idiots #2 & 3 are out of society till well past the cops' retirement dates. Sometimes there just aren't any good guys to be seen.