Gun Broker good for determining value?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Racewin
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun Broker good for determining value?

Post by Racewin »

Specifically, for a K31?

Ballistic Therapy

Re: Gun Broker good for determining value?

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

If you can look at the completed listings it will sure give you a good ballpark number for what they actually sell for.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 6th, 2018, 1:44 pm If you can look at the completed listings it will sure give you a good ballpark number for what they actually sell for.
------------------------------

THIS :text-goodpost:
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

That is what I do most of the time.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Same Here...
I have bought a couple guns there, however I haven't yet used GB to sell any.

To get actual sold prices, you have to log in with an account, go to the advanced search AND select the 'completed items' tab, then enter your search terms. Keep in mind that this is "completed items" and some of them may not have actually sold and may be relisted. Also it seems they separate the std listings from the $ premium ones - when sorted by # bids, you will come to the 0 bid items... don't stop there as another block of sold items will start after that... I can only figure these are the standard no frills listings ???

They have changed the results page, but you can still sort by price or # bids to separate the ones that actually sold or got bids from the ones that got 0 bids (thus are priced too high for condition or something...)
There are always a couple that seem to have sold for extremely high (collector grade) or low (worn or junk) prices. You have to look for guns in similar condition as yours. I will often take the average of several in mean used condition to arrive at a reasonable price.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

P.S.,... I always keep in mind that sellers vary in financial situations, as well as buyers,... which can affect sale prices. Some folk need to dump a piece sometimes, and, some folk don't,... this can affect prices dramatically. But, a little common sense can circumvent that problem. I like to figure the averaged of a few sales, for the same piece, to get a ball park value.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 6th, 2018, 1:44 pm If you can look at the completed listings it will sure give you a good ballpark number for what they actually sell for.
You can look at completed listings via the Advanced Search feature. When you click on Advanced, you can chose current listings (which is the default option) or you can chose completed items.

I believe you have to be signed in for that, but I could be wrong.

To that end, I would use Gunbroker as a very loose barometer as I would Buds Gunshop. People who usually b!tch about people's prices love to use Buds as the end all, be all, price measure for the absolute lowest basement price.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Rock Hardson wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:35 am You can look at completed listings via the Advanced Search feature. When you click on Advanced, you can chose current listings (which is the default option) or you can chose completed items.
To that end, I would use Gunbroker as a very loose barometer as I would Buds Gunshop.

People who usually b!tch about people's prices love to use Buds as the end all, be all, price measure for the absolute lowest basement price.

Hmmm, I pretty much have found Buds to be the end all, be all, price measure for the absolute lowest basement INTERNET RETAIL PRICE.

Where am I going wrong?
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

I don't use Buds much, but I use the GB "buy it now" price of the volume sellers as the bottom dollar deal to tell customers what they can get it for
Quake_Guy

Post by Quake_Guy »

best I have found, the secret is how to use the search features so you can get the data in the quickest amount of time.

just remember, sale prices by sellers with very low feedback usually have depressed sale prices.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

shooter444 wrote: September 7th, 2018, 10:33 am
Rock Hardson wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:35 am You can look at completed listings via the Advanced Search feature. When you click on Advanced, you can chose current listings (which is the default option) or you can chose completed items.
To that end, I would use Gunbroker as a very loose barometer as I would Buds Gunshop.

People who usually b!tch about people's prices love to use Buds as the end all, be all, price measure for the absolute lowest basement price.

Hmmm, I pretty much have found Buds to be the end all, be all, price measure for the absolute lowest basement INTERNET RETAIL PRICE.

Where am I going wrong?
If someone doesn't like my prices, I'll tell them "go buy it from Buds then", knowing full well the vast majority of the people will NOT be paying Buds cash price, but will be paying Buds card price. And then have to pay the FFL transfer price.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Rock Hardson wrote: September 7th, 2018, 9:35 am
You can look at completed listings via the Advanced Search feature. When you click on Advanced, you can chose current listings (which is the default option) or you can chose completed items.

To that end, I would use Gunbroker as a very loose barometer as I would Buds Gunshop. People who usually b!tch about people's prices love to use Buds as the end all, be all, price measure for the absolute lowest basement price.
That's what I do as well.
Quake_Guy

Post by Quake_Guy »

FYI, just did a trade at C2 Tactical, and their pricing guide was closed auctions on gunbroker, lol...

BTW, traded for a used SIG tacops carry, they did a pretty decent deal all things considered.
redj

Post by redj »

I know of a couple gun stores (pawn shops) that use gun brokers completed listings for pricing.
Then they offer you half of that if you are lucky.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

redj wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:39 am I know of a couple gun stores (pawn shops) that use gun brokers completed listings for pricing.
Then they offer you half of that if you are lucky.
That's true, but I will accept the fact that they are a business and need to make money.
To me that basement price is a trade off for the headache of communicating, driving, meeting(or getting a no show) in a private sale. I'm willing to sit on it and get top dollar, someone will eventually come around.