Gun Broker good for determining value?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
gunpoorboy1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gun Broker good for determining value?

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I have purchased from "Grab-A-Gun" many times. They beat "Bud's" all to hell. No contest.

792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

I have used it and armslist on occasion to determine somethings value
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:03 pm I have purchased from "Grab-A-Gun" many times. They beat "Bud's" all to hell. No contest.
I second that emotion....
Not to dtract from the value topic, but I've also heard of Bud complaints where they pull guns, and call them out of stock when the don't like the price (or whatever reason.) Maybe not the exact story, but something nefarious like that.
I like GB because I equate it to ebay for guns, where these sellers can be called out for shenanigans, so they have an interest in staying on GB and making money.
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

OK, what happens if Buds Guns doesn't have any for sale of what you're selling and you don't have an account on Gun Brokers. I've checked on prices for comparison at gun brokers but it's all 0 bid stuff. Do I have to go and create an account just to get an idea of a selling price?
hairygreek

Post by hairygreek »

When you do completed item search in GB, then sort by most bids. You will only see things that people bid on and won. You can also choose "no reserve" in search to eliminate bidded items that didn't sell (reserve is always off when it sells.)

Sometimes C&R can be tricky on there, your K31 may or may not have unit marks, rare year, etc.
Paintwerkz
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Paintwerkz »

Depends what if’s for really. I use a mix of palmetto state, gun broker, grab a gun and a couple other sites. Like someone else said as well it also depends on the persons situation, if they’re desperate for cash it will go cheap but if they’re just trying to move the item and aren’t worried about the money it won’t be a “fire sale” price.

I’ve learned where to look for as close to accurate pricing on things from a good friend of mine who owns a pawn shop.
weever82

Post by weever82 »