NRA/ILA meeting

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

NRA/ILA meeting

Post by YNOTAZ »

There was an NRA/ILA meeting yesterday. The meeting was not well attended. Like many others, folks assume the other guy is going to do the heavy lifting, they don’t participate, and won’t even join AZCDL because it will never happen here. Representative Nguyen, chairman of the Arizona judiciary committee said we have a 1 seat majority in the house and in the senate, 31 out of 60 seats, and 15 out of 30 seats. It is crucial we maintain that majority.

On day one of this legislative session the Dems introduced 24 anti-gun bills. Our current slim majority stopped those bills from reaching Hobbs’ desk for signature. Hobbs has vetoed every pro-firearm bill, we don’t have enough votes to override her veto. Hobbs has also committed to vetoing any future firearms-friendly bills that come to her desk. That commitment has the lefty liberals funding her coffers for a reelection bid.

Today, a lawsuit is being filed against Pima county to overturn a law that they've already passed. That law requires you give notice within 24-hours of any firearm that is lost or stolen. It carries a $1,000 fine for failure.

If you want to live in Calizona, sit on your hands.

kenpoprofessor

Re: NRA/ILA meeting

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: April 24th, 2024, 8:16 am There was an NRA/ILA meeting yesterday. The meeting was not well attended. Like many others, folks assume the other guy is going to do the heavy lifting, they don’t participate, and won’t even join AZCDL because it will never happen here. Representative Nguyen, chairman of the Arizona judiciary committee said we have a 1 seat majority in the house and in the senate, 31 out of 60 seats, and 15 out of 30 seats. It is crucial we maintain that majority.

On day one of this legislative session the Dems introduced 24 anti-gun bills. Our current slim majority stopped those bills from reaching Hobbs’ desk for signature. Hobbs has vetoed every pro-firearm bill, we don’t have enough votes to override her veto. Hobbs has also committed to vetoing any future firearms-friendly bills that come to her desk. That commitment has the lefty liberals funding her coffers for a reelection bid.

Today, a lawsuit is being filed against Pima county to overturn a law that they've already passed. That law requires you give notice within 24-hours of any firearm that is lost or stolen. It carries a $1,000 fine for failure.

If you want to live in Calizona, sit on your hands.

Sadly, that court case has to be heard, passed by traitors and enforced by traitors, but it violates the State supremacy clause prima facie. Too many nanny staters here, and moving here, and even on this very gun board. How sad for AZ and the U.S. as a whole.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

The RTKABA is the only constitutional right with the inherent capability to defend it. If that right is removed, whether one state at a time, a chip at a time, or however, there is nothing left to defend any other "rights".
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: April 24th, 2024, 10:15 am The RTKABA is the only constitutional right with the inherent capability to defend it. If that right is removed, whether one state at a time, a chip at a time, or however, there is nothing left to defend any other "rights".
Ah, but the naysayers say it's "hate speech" that must be stopped. We're clearly redefining the 1st amendment these days as well, and people are letting it happen because they have "bread and circuses". I can't stand talking the "average person" anymore, they have nothing of interest to talk about. They're more concerned with professional sports and celebrities than their actual life and rights. It's disgusting.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

The NRA is dying a well-deserved death. It will be replaced by a more deserving entity, and they will carry on the mission of the ILA.

So I have no desire to participate in the last gasps of the NRA, and it seems few others as well. We are better served focusing our energies on building up the new holders of the NRA's former mantle. Why waste time on the dying king that betrayed us all?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Let me know when the NRA/ILA actually accomplishes something, and maybe people will start attending. Other pro-2A groups deserve your money becuase they are actually doing something.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Suck My Glock wrote: April 24th, 2024, 11:00 am The NRA is dying a well-deserved death. It will be replaced by a more deserving entity, and they will carry on the mission of the ILA.

So I have no desire to participate in the last gasps of the NRA, and it seems few others as well. We are better served focusing our energies on building up the new holders of the NRA's former mantle. Why waste time on the dying king that betrayed us all?
So which groups to you belong to and participate with. Then again, you can sit back and do nothing because that horse has a wart.

I'll ride the horse with full knowledge of the flaw.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Back in 89' when George Bush senior stabbed us all in the back, the absolute MINIMUM move the NRA should have made was to excommunicate him. Instead, they continued to embrace him and told the rest of us that, just like a wife-beating husband, we needed to extend him understanding and forgiveness.

I knew then the NRA was doomed. I never renewed my membership and thanked my stars I hadn't yet wasted the money on a lifetime membership. I joined up with GOA and ASRPA and have attended 3 different 2nd Amendment Foundation Gun Rights Policy Conferences that have been held here.

Like everyone else here, I have done plenty and continue to. But not with turncoats who are dedicated to being a mere adjunct Republican fundraising arm rather than to the mission. Darwinianism demands the NRA's demise and will have it.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

ynotaz, too bad the nar does, do as they always do, it doesn't take anything but time to work on recruiting new members and trying to enjoin folks in our battle, whether you use the nra as a voice to reach people, or azcdl, it matters not, we either fight together or loose together, if younger individuals do not enjoin in the fight and bring new skills, ideas, and abilities, we will fall to the way side, but as you mentioned, most will want others to carry the water and benefit from others efforts,
the ole guys get it, use or loose, it, the idea of being active is moot to most, thanks for your effort and update, i as usual will assist in any direction or means with in my ability.
Rj, not afraid to put up a fight.

interestingly enough, the commentors had nothing positive to say or ideas, only excuses, same ole, same ole from wanna be freedom lovers. :evil:
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Suck My Glock wrote: April 24th, 2024, 3:32 pm
Like everyone else here
Sorry bud I just hear excuses, what have you done in AZ with AZCDL.

They've done more for us than any other group. A lot of people attend meetings go home and do nothing, to me that's meaningless no matter who held the meeting.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

YNOTAZ wrote: April 24th, 2024, 7:50 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: April 24th, 2024, 3:32 pm
Like everyone else here
Sorry bud I just hear excuses, what have you done in AZ with AZCDL.

They've done more for us than any other group. A lot of people attend meetings go home and do nothing, to me that's meaningless no matter who held the meeting.
Well let's just keep this short and bypass the dik measuring contest. Let's just grant the premise you have done more than I. Fine.

How does that in any way negate the truth about the NRA? Do you contend that my opinion about them is invalid because you have more engagement in activism or some such argument? And even if so, the facts about the NRA in no way depend on my stating them. Their failures and treachery are completely independent of what your or I have or haven't done. This isn't about me or you.
action magic

Post by action magic »

Here is the part that you are scared of.----
Politics - too late
Voting - Bullshit
Opinion - who f ing cares
We all know what needs to happen, no one wants to be first....
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Suck My Glock wrote: April 24th, 2024, 8:59 pm
Well let's just keep this short and bypass the dik measuring contest.
No "dik" measuring, just trying to get folks to do something rather than biatch or downplay what others are trying to accomplish.
I wasn't the only one in the room and not the only one that spoke up about what we, Arizona shooters, need. Nobody there indicated they knew every issue or every problem, that's why we need more people, both for numbers and ideas.

We'll never get a "YES" answer if we don't show up and ask the questions.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well it appears the silence of gun owners on this site tells the story of the future failure of keeping our rights, thanks to all who work or make an effort, heres hoping we skinny by in next election.