Yes, sometimes s*** does happen...

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
geezer
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Yes, sometimes s*** does happen...

Post by geezer »

While my spouse was undergoing hand therapy, she conversed with another patient who had one arm heavily bandaged from elbow down. She said he was articulate, well dressed, and maybe early 40's.
He confessed to having shot himself, with the bullet entering his palm and exiting the forearm resulting in a gruesome wound.
She asked for his line of work...

FIREARMS Instructor !

kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Yes, sometimes s*** does happen...

Post by kenpoprofessor »

That was not "accidental", he violated one or more of the four rules, period. There are lots of "instructors" out there, with very little time on guns, all classes they managed to pass to get certs. to "instruct". This is the result.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Well,...lots of people CALL themselves things they are not.

When I was a young lad, one of my first jobs was working for Well Fargo Guard Services. I went through their little qualification course with a revolver and scored "expert". (Not challenging at all.) The qualification course was taught by the senior most Bubba good ol' boy who been round guns the longest; and yes, he held the title of "instructor". But he wasn't. I was only 19 but could have done his job more adroitly. But I'm sure when he was in mixed company and people asked what he did for a living, he probably said with great pride that he was a firearms instructor.
underw0rld

Post by underw0rld »

He wasn't "professhunul enuf"
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

geezer wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 5:44 pm ...with the bullet entering his palm and exiting the forearm...
This is why when I take apart my Glock (or any firearm that requires me to pull the trigger to release the slide) I am always very careful to not put anything in front of the muzzle except the floor.

Stupid should hurt.
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

underw0rld wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 10:16 pm He wasn't "professhunul enuf"
DEA or DEI?
Noshoot

Post by Noshoot »

zonie77 wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 11:14 pm
underw0rld wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 10:16 pm He wasn't "professhunul enuf"
DEA or DEI?
Both
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

If any of you guys think John Corriea of ASP is worth a s***, get his real history, I think you might be shocked at just how inept this guy is.

Clyde
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 24th, 2024, 6:56 am If any of you guys think John Corriea of ASP is worth a s***, get his real history, I think you might be shocked at just how inept this guy is.

Clyde
Having spoken to him many times, I concur. The majority of "firearms trainers" are full of BS.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 24th, 2024, 6:56 am If any of you guys think John Corriea of ASP is worth a s***, get his real history, I think you might be shocked at just how inept this guy is.

Clyde
I have no clue how competent he his as a firearms instructor... As a content creator and web-economy participant he's pretty competent... :-)
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

:shock:
WhiteDragon

Post by WhiteDragon »

Clyde
Lol! There was a time that many here thought old John Correia was the last Coke in the desert. Glad to see y'all came to your senses. What was that Ed Parker saying? "Time will either promote you or expose you."
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Clyde
WhiteDragon wrote: April 24th, 2024, 8:30 pm
Lol! There was a time that many here thought old John Correia was the last Coke in the desert. Glad to see y'all came to your senses. What was that Ed Parker saying? "Time will either promote you or expose you."
Guys, guys.... I have no skin in this game, either way. :mrgreen:
I have met the cat and heard a lecture(Free, mind you...no $ involved.). :)

I have to ask you, one or both....

Please provide some content in support. Link/s, personal anecdotes, juicy hearsay reports...SOMETHING. :think:
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

pneuby wrote: April 26th, 2024, 12:26 pm

Clyde

Please provide some content in support. Link/s, personal anecdotes, juicy hearsay reports...SOMETHING. :think:

We met with him a few times when he was doing Kenpo at some other guy's place many years ago. We went there to "enlighten" them with information. They said they had a "gun guy" didn't want anything to do with us. We met, f*** useless. They were certainly amazed at what we were doing with Kenpo, but, their Chief Instructor warned them off of us, said we were just trouble, so they started ignoring us. Their "Chief Instructor" is also useless, but, he was the one giving them rank, and oddly enough, they were boosted in rank in a very short time, you know, to keep them paying. Skip Hancock is the Chief Instructor's name, talks a lot, does little, and has few skills. He was around when Parker was around and got some rank from him, so that's his "claim to fame". My instructor was Parker's protege', and another guy named Huk Planas. They both teach very differently, but they have the same information, and they're very choosy about who they give the most to. Mind you, I trained with Mr. Parker as well, in the W. LA studio, and got rank from him as well, but it doesn't mean squat if you don't have the information to back it up.

Clyde
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

kenpoprofessor wrote: April 26th, 2024, 1:50 pm
pneuby wrote: April 26th, 2024, 12:26 pm

Clyde

We met with him a few times when he was doing Kenpo at some other guy's place many years ago. We went there to "enlighten" them with information. They said they had a "gun guy" didn't want anything to do with us. We met, f*** useless. They were certainly amazed at what we were doing with Kenpo, but, their Chief Instructor warned them off of us, said we were just trouble, so they started ignoring us. Their "Chief Instructor" is also useless, but, he was the one giving them rank, and oddly enough, they were boosted in rank in a very short time, you know, to keep them paying. Skip Hancock is the Chief Instructor's name, talks a lot, does little, and has few skills. He was around when Parker was around and got some rank from him, so that's his "claim to fame". My instructor was Parker's protege', and another guy named Huk Planas. They both teach very differently, but they have the same information, and they're very choosy about who they give the most to. Mind you, I trained with Mr. Parker as well, in the W. LA studio, and got rank from him as well, but it doesn't mean squat if you don't have the information to back it up.

Clyde
So, he was "wax on", and you're more "wax off"?