Question for Labradar Owners

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Harrier
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Question for Labradar Owners

Post by Harrier »

I bought the Garmin based on all the rave reviews... The unit itself works as advertized... the softwarre UI sux big time... I hate it.

QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Harrier wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 6:48 pm I bought the Garmin based on all the rave reviews... The unit itself works as advertized... the softwarre UI sux big time... I hate it.
Are you talking about the phone app? Or the on-device menus?

I'm waiting for Applied Ballistics or even Garmin to come out with an integrated ballistics app.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

The unit firmware is a bit tedious and a PITA but can be delt with, the phone app which is required to get your data off and into a usable format is crap and need complete rework... sure it looks good but functionally sux,
brandonsmash

Post by brandonsmash »

The Garmin Xero seems super attractive but that price point is stout. That being said, it might be worth a shot (ha). My Chrony works great but a smaller solution sounds sexy.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Thanks all.. good info... I think the decision is made... I'm going to defer to the practical side of the brain and look for a Garmin... The challenges with the LabRadar made the call for me (if they had been equally consistant / easy to use / etc. I'd have gone the other way).

I've seen some videos of folks putting the Garmin downrange on a tripod and shooting past it to gather data... if I need that 100y velocity I can do that.