Ben Avery - still limited to 90 minutes?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Racewin
ArizonaShooting.org Member
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Ben Avery - still limited to 90 minutes?

Post by Racewin »

Ben Avery's site says they still use 90-minute slots. Is this still the case on weekdays? Even with a bunch of open lanes do they still make people leave?

Creeker
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Ben Avery - still limited to 90 minutes?

Post by Creeker »

Tuesday through Friday will be on a first come first serve basis, and no time limits for shooting except hours of operation. Fee is $10 per shooter for the main range, which is 5 yds up to 200 yds. Shooters must check in one hour before the range closes.

**Saturday and Sunday are by reservation, walk-ins accepted if tables are available. Fee is $7 – 12 per shooter per reservation block. Fees depend on the range reserved.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you sure about that?

That would mean that they walked the changes back that they made during COVID.

The fact that this is still up and lined from the Ben Avery main site suggests that it is all still in place. 90 minute sessions for $7 on the main range, regardless of the day. https://live-general-store.pantheonsite ... ategories/
Limper
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Limper »

admin wrote: March 8th, 2024, 12:43 pm Are you sure about that?

That would mean that they walked the changes back that they made during COVID.

The fact that this is still up and lined from the Ben Avery main site suggests that it is all still in place. 90 minute sessions for $7 on the main range, regardless of the day. https://live-general-store.pantheonsite ... ategories/
Admin,

I've gone to Ben Avery multiple times in the last six months and it is like Creeker posted. $10 Tue-Fri (no reservation/unlimited time) and $7 Sat/Sun (reserve 90 minute slots online). They also supposedly will do walk up for Sat/Sunday if space is available.

Here is the Ben Avery website with the same info:

https://www.azgfd.com/shooting-sports/b ... asf-hours/
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's good to hear that they have mostly returned to pre-COVID rules; at least for the weekdays. That's the main reason I stopped going. I HATED going there and paying $10 to shoot for 90 minutes with half the time spent waiting for people to walk to and from targets. Sounds like they still do that on Sat/Sun, which sucks.

I mostly use the free BLM ranges that are west of Ben Avery now. They are free and it's nice to be able to shoot steel gongs out to 700 yards.
Limper

Post by Limper »

I understand that, but I must say the public range has been convenient for me during the week. I live about 15-20 minutes from Ben Avery and have used it a lot recently for sighting in new firearms/optics and comparing what ammo (of my existing stock) that shoots best in my particular weapons.