Palmetto State Armory, PSA SHOT Show, and DPMS

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Palmetto State Armory, PSA SHOT Show, and DPMS

Post by Old Jeff H »

I happened to catch this interview with Jamin McCallum the other night, and thought it was pretty informative.

Personally, I like his attitude and what they're doing.

The SHOT Show items he mentioned in the interview are revealed here:

Also, I found out recently that DPMS is back. JJE Holdings purchased the company, and is one of the PSA companies. This makes me happy as every DPMS upper I've had shot exceptionally well. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're currently producing any of the heavy stainless barrels that they previously were.

http://www.dpmsinc.com

Old Jeff H

Re: Palmetto State Armory, PSA SHOT Show, and DPMS

Post by Old Jeff H »

Meant to mention that of the concepts they brought to SHOT, the bold action and the 22 Cal Dagger intrigue me the most.
nvgdude
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by nvgdude »

I kind of like the shotgun. 500 style action with 870 furniture.

Glock clones do nothing for me.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I really like DPMS stuff as well. What's funny is that in the 2000's, they had the reputation for being the cheap brand. But based on the quality of the stuff they produced, when compared to many of the new manufacturers out there now, they would arguably be categorized as one of the higher-end products in my experience.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

nvgdude wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 6:12 pm I kind of like the shotgun. 500 style action with 870 furniture.

Glock clones do nothing for me.
The shotgun is intriguing for sure. I voted for the shotgun, bolt action rifle, and the poor man's MP7.

The Daggers do nothing for me. Having take them apart to fix them, I've lost interest. But, I am happy to see them sticking it to Glock with the 15rd magazine for the 44's. Glock failed hard with that pistol...from only having 10rd magazines to not coming with a threaded barrel. Fail. The 22lr Dagger might make a nice suppressor host, but I won't buy one of the 9mm's.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

admin wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 9:57 am I really like DPMS stuff as well. What's funny is that in the 2000's, they had the reputation for being the cheap brand. But based on the quality of the stuff they produced, when compared to many of the new manufacturers out there now, they would arguably be categorized as one of the higher-end products in my experience.
Lots of people trashed DPMS, except for the people who actually owned their rifles/uppers. :lol:

I'd sure like to have the 16" stainless bull barrel uppers I used to have back. I still have my LR-308 though, and it's one that I'll never get rid of.