AZ pew shops, let’s hear about the good ones

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
BHCAZ1
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: AZ pew shops, let’s hear about the good ones

Post by BHCAZ1 »

Pioneer propane and guns Kingman, Az

Abbey
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Abbey »

thom wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 3:10 pm There is a new shop, just opened up a few months ago in Ahwatukee, MinuteMan supply. Very friendly and informative staff. Owned by Pearl Robertson.
Smart move, taking over the old Merchant location. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check them out.
BigTub

Post by BigTub »

Note the lack of Tucson shops. Alas, no more Jensen's.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

thom wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 3:10 pm There is a new shop, just opened up a few months ago in Ahwatukee, MinuteMan supply.
Right there in the Hub's former location, apparently.
thom

Post by thom »

BigTub wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:02 am Note the lack of Tucson shops. Alas, no more Jensen's.
I believe that Jensens is probably the most well known and best stocked store in the state in the 70s & 80s. There was not any competition from the gun stores or gun departments now. They were that big.
Last edited by thom on March 10th, 2024, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

BigTub wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:02 am Note the lack of Tucson shops. Alas, no more Jensen's.
Most of the liberals coming to this state are going to Tucson, hence the anti-gun sentiment and lack of good gun stores anymore.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
OMart

Post by OMart »

Loved Jensen's and their cheap reloads. At the westside indoor range they would replace any non-firing rounds. These days, it's kind of a crap shoot in Tucson. A lot of people like Murphy's and Diamondback, but I never seem to get anyone to help me there. I do like SNG Tactical. The Hub is OK I guess. Trail Boss out in Vail is a pretty decent shop. James 4:10 is a nice shop, but prices are high IMO. I will say this though, if you are looking for something that was a higher end firearm that has been out of production for 20 or 30 years, there's a good chance he has one. CIty-WIde Supply has good prices but really unpredictable hours. John's Guns is such a small shop and he has a small inventory, but the main business is transfers. I went to Elite Guns once and the prices were outrageous so I have never been back. I buy most of my firearms on base. The prices are not always the best but if you catch a sale they can be very good, plus no sales tax and a good selection. Also the ability to order online and ship to store. No FFL fees or shipping costs involved.
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

jnojr wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:08 pm I'm a big fan of AZ Guns at Alma School & Ray in Chandler.
Been there a few times..20.00 transfers and a friendly staff..met the owner..ron?..I believe...talked with me for awhile..nice interaction..will definitely be going there in the future...hedley
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

OMart wrote: December 27th, 2023, 9:02 pm A lot of people like Murphy's and Diamondback,

The Hub is OK I guess.

. James 4:10 is a nice shop, but prices are high IMO.

. I went to Elite Guns once and the prices were outrageous so I have never been back. I
IDK about D-back, but Murphy's is great. Like many shops, there are old-timers/curmudgeons employed there, but if you ask....there's never an issue.

Hub has a great selection, and they will bargain with you....that's the strong points.

James is so FAR out of the way east, it's not worth a stop unless you are in their 'hood.

Elite: agreed. NO need to stop in there. Awkward lay-out in there, too.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

OMart wrote: December 27th, 2023, 9:02 pm
Loved Jensen's and their cheap reloads. At the westside indoor range they would replace any non-firing rounds. These days, it's kind of a crap shoot in Tucson. A lot of people like Murphy's and Diamondback, but I never seem to get anyone to help me there. I do like SNG Tactical. The Hub is OK I guess. Trail Boss out in Vail is a pretty decent shop. James 4:10 is a nice shop, but prices are high IMO. I will say this though, if you are looking for something that was a higher end firearm that has been out of production for 20 or 30 years, there's a good chance he has one. CIty-WIde Supply has good prices but really unpredictable hours. John's Guns is such a small shop and he has a small inventory, but the main business is transfers. I went to Elite Guns once and the prices were outrageous so I have never been back. I buy most of my firearms on base. The prices are not always the best but if you catch a sale they can be very good, plus no sales tax and a good selection. Also the ability to order online and ship to store. No FFL fees or shipping costs involved.
Jensen's was the place back in the 80's. So many good memories of going there when I was in high school.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Places that have been good to me and that I'll choose to look first in the future.
* AmmoAZ - Great pricing and product availability. They've also been particularly good to me as a veteran.
* Table Mesa Firearms LLC (New River FFL for Transfers)
* S2 Tactical - Very helpful when I needed a local source for AR-10 build parts (barrel shims, lower pins and parts, etc.)
* Tombstone Tactical - LGS of record for pew or two...
* Scottsdale Gun Club - LGS of record for a pew or two - not the cheapest - but they've had stuff that I wanted / needed when others didn't
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

Not a gun shop per se, but Bruno's in North Phoenix is a reloading shop and we are extremely lucky to have it. They have a ton of reloading components.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Mauser98 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 6:57 pm Not a gun shop per se, but Bruno's in North Phoenix is a reloading shop and we are extremely lucky to have it. They have a ton of reloading components.
I second that. I've been able to score product at Bruno's when no one else had any. They are my go-to place for reloading stuff.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Jensens was a decent store ,but if you want to go back to the 70's.
West of the Pecos and Murphy's ( when it was on Campbell and Limberlost ) were the two best gun stores in Tucson.
Fields Jewelry down town also had a nice gun department. My wife still has a S&W I bought for her at Fields Jewelers.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

Healy at Baseline & McClintock is one of my favorites, Bear Arms at Shea & Scottsdale is another.

William Larkin Moore near Bell & Pima is great if you like high end guns.

I'll add another vote for Bruno's, Pistol Parlour & AZGuns Tempe.