AZ pew shops, let’s hear about the good ones

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Doc
ArizonaShooting.org Member

AZ pew shops, let’s hear about the good ones

Post by Doc »

Always like to support local shops. We have some good ones. I’d like to hear about the ones we have and the cool reason worth stopping in.

I’d really like to know about a place that has all the parts of an aR15 that go flying across the room

mallic

Re: AZ pew shops, let’s hear about the good ones

Post by mallic »

I like estrella ordinance out in buckeye. Never too packed and the guy that runs the shop doesn't try to upsell on anything. Only knock against them, is that their ammo prices are obscenely more than any other local place I have been to.

Have had good experiences with MoMoneyPawn in the past, but haven't been there since they made it so that you can't put guns on layaway online.

Tombstone tactical irritates me every time I am in there and if possible, I try to avoid them. Latest annoyance is the fact that their customer service department has no communication with the metro center shop and no way to contact them. Bought a PSA dagger that was supposed to come with 10 magazines and picked it up there. Got home and realized I didn't have the magazines in the package. Called them and had to drive all the way back to the store just to ask them to check their receiving area for my missing magazines. Sure the issue was caused by PSA failing to ship the magazines with the gun, but having to drive 20 minutes back to the store when a simple task of someone looking for two minutes would have saved me the drive is irritating.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Pistol Parlour, Mesa
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Doc wrote: November 21st, 2023, 12:32 am I’d really like to know about a place that has all the parts of an aR15 that go flying across the room
I know that Az Firearms E. Valley has a room dedicated to that. They are on Williams Field Rd. JUST west of Power Road. Generall a good staff there, also. Willing to help you out.

Alpha Dog in Tempe would likely qualify for that, also. The owner and staff are personable, younger folks. There are no archtypical old-timer curmudgeons like Legendary Guns. Also, no uptight tacti-tards just out of the military with no people-skills.
iammaxwell

Post by iammaxwell »

+1 for AZ Firearms.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

Black Metal Firearms in southeast Mesa is great. Always have great service, they have tons of parts and many are comparable to online prices. They are always helpful and fun to chat with. I wish I had found them sooner.

I've also had great service at AJI Sporting Goods in East Mesa but their prices have gone up too high (last i was there). I know in the past I could negotiate prices, but I don't know if that is still the case. They have a lot of stuff there and they might still have surplus rifles.
AZSteve
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by AZSteve »

I paid a visit to Four Peaks Tactical (N. Scottsdale) a couple days ago. They’ve got some good stuff going on for those who are into competitive shooting. The people there also were really good about educating me on a few things I was asking about.
nimrag

Post by nimrag »

Does anyone have any experience with Harris Brothers Tactical at 35th avenue and Greenway? I heard some people talking about it today, but don’t know anything about it?
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

HBT is a small-shop that still has a fair cross-section of goodies. The owner hired a young-blood Kiwi from New Zealand who seems to be fairly knowledgeable.

It's not worth a trip from the E. Valley, but if you're in his A/O....then stop in.
nimrag

Post by nimrag »

pneuby wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:49 am HBT is a small-shop that still has a fair cross-section of goodies. The owner hired a young-blood Kiwi from New Zealand who seems to be fairly knowledgeable.

It's not worth a trip from the E. Valley, but if you're in his A/O....then stop in.
Thanks for the info, I’ll check them out.
jnojr

Post by jnojr »

I'm a big fan of AZ Guns at Alma School & Ray in Chandler.
thom

Post by thom »

There is a new shop, just opened up a few months ago in Ahwatukee, MinuteMan supply. Very friendly and informative staff. Owned by Pearl Robertson.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Sorry but this is the ANTI-Good One

Hit and Miss firearms 67 & Peoria went there with a friend to garner support for AZCDL. They said they knew of AZCDL and had trouble with them. They did not want to talk to us about putting AZCDL cards on their counter.

Do what you want but we will never give them a dimes worth of business.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 3:22 pm Sorry but this is the ANTI-Good One

Hit and Miss firearms 67 & Peoria went there with a friend to garner support for AZCDL. They said they knew of AZCDL and had trouble with them. They did not want to talk to us about putting AZCDL cards on their counter.

Do what you want but we will never give them a dimes worth of business.

You would THINK that a gun shop would be interested in preserving the 2nd Amendment in the state. It's apparent they have no interest in "the people" and are simply operating for $$$$, how sad what we've become.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I"d have to say that store visit was disappointing for sure, we were amazed at how many shops were not even aware of AZcDL's organization, and once informed were very interested in allowing info to be left for customers,
next ''gun store crawl'' will be happening soon, couple of us have been having a blast visiting and explaining the need for new members, especially those of the ""younger persuation"', times they are a changing, for sure, Az is loosing ground on our rights and freedom of choice, ifn' the future shooter generations dont' get involved and assist as the ''ole guard'' is long in the tooth and needing to step back, and get some fresh ''gitty up and go getters'' to keep our rights, we are surely in trouble for the future.

share the word, share the need, AZCDL, is awesome but only due to the volunteers who make it work, WE are all lobbyists for our rights not just the ''professional ones''
join, volunteer, spread the word.
Rj