Fortress recalls 61,000 biometric gun safes after boy, 12, opened one, took weapon out and shot himself dead

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Fortress recalls 61,000 biometric gun safes after boy, 12, opened one, took weapon out and shot himself dead

Post by Suck My Glock »

Fortress recalls 61,000 biometric gun safes that need a fingerprint to open after boy, 12, opened one, took weapon out and accidentally shot himself dead

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... safes.html

US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Fortress recalled the safes because the fingerprint lock can be opened by unauthorized users

The government agency said there have been 39 reported incidents of unauthorized access and one involving a 12-year-old boy who died

'Consumers can believe they have properly programmed the biometric feature when in fact the safe remains in the default to open mode, which can allow unauthorized users, including children, to access the safe to remove hazardous contents, including firearms,' said the recall announcement.
Screenshot 2023-10-19 182557.jpg

xerts1191

Re: Fortress recalls 61,000 biometric gun safes after boy, 12, opened one, took weapon out and shot himself dead

Post by xerts1191 »

WTF
sonofbp

Re: Fortress recalls 61,000 biometric gun safes after boy, 12, opened one, took weapon out and shot himself dead

Post by sonofbp »

Basically people could "mistakenly" fail at programming it but think they had and anyone would still be able to open it. My only question is who the f*** doesnt try the wrong combo/finger on even their phone after programming it to make sure it wont open after doing the setup?
The dead kid is very sad but imo pretty much on the parents. The failed him twice, not properly instilling gun safety and not making sure the safe did it's job.