ATF's brace ban struck down again

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

ATF's brace ban struck down again

Post by Suck My Glock »

baja

Re: ATF's brace ban struck down again

Post by baja »

And if the video is too slow you can read here:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fifth ... v-garland/
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Note that this ruling applied only to the named plaintiffs in the case, including Maxim Defense, its customers, and the Firearms Policy Coalition and its members. But that injunction was temporary, good only until an appeal could be heard.
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

This ruling was a permanent injunction.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right... unlike the previous one. But important to note that it only covers the named plaintiffs in the case, including Maxim Defense, its customers, and the Firearms Policy Coalition and its members. It doesn't apply to everyone, at least until an equal protection case is filed and ruled upon.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It's also worth noting that simply joining the FPC now DOES NOT allow you injunctive relief...only people who donated $20 or more prior to May 31 2023 qualify as "members" under the injunciton.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-stat ... membership
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuietM4 wrote: October 4th, 2023, 11:31 am It's also worth noting that simply joining the FPC now DOES NOT allow you injunctive relief...only people who donated $20 or more prior to May 31 2023 qualify as "members" under the injunciton.

I'm covered, whoo hooo

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

QuietM4 wrote: October 4th, 2023, 11:31 am It's also worth noting that simply joining the FPC now DOES NOT allow you injunctive relief...only people who donated $20 or more prior to May 31 2023 qualify as "members" under the injunciton.

Point of clarification... I think it is technically those who donated $20 or more by May 31st 2023 (ie, it includes those who did so ON that date as well). I bring it up because I know there was a big push for people to join FPC on that date.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

kenpoprofessor wrote: October 4th, 2023, 1:27 pm

I'm covered, whoo hooo

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

admin wrote: October 4th, 2023, 2:11 pm

Point of clarification... I think it is technically those who donated $20 or more by May 31st 2023 (ie, it includes those who did so ON that date as well). I bring it up because I know there was a big push for people to join FPC on that date.
I didn’t see anywhere in the ruling that specifies the membership date and its applicability. If the injunction only applies to FPC members at a certain date it should be in the ruling.

The link above only states that FPC automatically grants membership to anyone who gave at least $20.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

The Court later clarified the injunction. FPC had to put a hard date on it...May 31st 2023. If you go donate $20 right now to become a member, you are not covered.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Joe_Blacke wrote: October 4th, 2023, 7:26 pm I didn’t see anywhere in the ruling that specifies the membership date and its applicability. If the injunction only applies to FPC members at a certain date it should be in the ruling.
I don't see it in the ruling either... (LINK to actual ruling) Tom Grieve (firearms attorney and former federal prosecutor) did cover this in his most recent video, where he did say that someone can't just join FPC now and be covered by this injunction though, so I'm sure it's somewhere. He wouldn't have just picked a date and FPC wouldn't have done what they did (see below) if that weren't the case, I'd think.
Joe_Blacke wrote: October 4th, 2023, 7:26 pm The link above only states that FPC automatically grants membership to anyone who gave at least $20.
Kinda... here's what FPC states:
On Sunday, May 28, 2023, the Board of Directors of Firearms Policy Coalition made a number of formal changes to the membership structure of the organization. First, the Board granted an Individual Membership to all individual monetary donors of FPC who have supported FPC’s activities through financial contribution(s) of twenty U.S. Dollars ($20) or more from June 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023, inclusive. Those memberships will have an effective date of June 1, 2022, and an expiration date of December 31, 2023, unless the Individual Member renews the granted membership on or before the end of 2023.

This granted membership will ensure that all individuals who supported the work of the organization in the period with a financial contribution of $20 or more are officially recognized by FPC as an Individual Member. FPC will update its membership records accordingly on or about June 1, 2023, and then send a message confirming the granted membership status to all such individuals by email as soon as possible. This one-time donor membership program will not affect the membership term of current FPC members.
I understand that to mean that if you donated at least $20 to FPC between 6/1/22 and 5/31/23, THEN you are considered a member, effective 6/1/22, lasting through 12/31/23. You can renew prior to expiration. Further, if you're a member, you got an email from them confirming as much. I can take a screenshot of mine if someone wants to see what that looks like. I think they did this because there were a couple membership pushes over that period of time that pushed for a $20 donation, so they made a one-time exception. Normally, FPC membership costs $30 per year - their board of directors made a special exception to include those who donated $20 during the above time period to include them as a member, it appears.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

US District Court Judge Issues Nationwide Injunction Blocking Pistol Brace Ban Enforcement

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/feder ... brace-ban/

That means that everyone, whether they’re members of a plaintiff organization or not, is now free to own and use a pistol brace without concern for government thugs enforcing an unconstitutional ban under color of law.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Sounds like sanity. Now we just need to get Trumps bump stock ban overturned, and FRT enforcement blocked.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

Great news for sure!