Quentin Defense Ruger 10 22 receiver

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
RandyTF
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Quentin Defense Ruger 10 22 receiver

Post by RandyTF »

Anybody familiar with Quentin's 10-22 receiver? Good, bad, not so pretty....

QuietM4

Re: Quentin Defense Ruger 10 22 receiver

Post by QuietM4 »

I saw those years back when Jason and Abby owned QD...Jason just never got around to producing them, the CNC machines were too busy making AR stuff. Other than it should have a hole in the back so you can push a cleaning rod from chamber to muzzle (big oversight), it looks like a nice design. I haven't been in the shop since Jason & Abby sold it, but generally the QD stuff is nice. $99 is a good price for the feature set.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

QuietM4 wrote: September 30th, 2023, 2:09 pm I saw those years back when Jason and Abby owned QD...Jason just never got around to producing them, the CNC machines were too busy making AR stuff. Other than it should have a hole in the back so you can push a cleaning rod from chamber to muzzle (big oversight), it looks like a nice design. I haven't been in the shop since Jason & Abby sold it, but generally the QD stuff is nice. $99 is a good price for the feature set.
I don't think they are pushing the receivers. I agree about the hole for the cleaning rod. But that is not a deal breaker for me so long as there are no other disappointments. And the price works. I'm curious why I'm having trouble finding any info on it good or bad.
Anyway, thanks!
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

RandyTF wrote: September 30th, 2023, 3:12 pm
QuietM4 wrote: September 30th, 2023, 2:09 pm I saw those years back when Jason and Abby owned QD...Jason just never got around to producing them, the CNC machines were too busy making AR stuff. Other than it should have a hole in the back so you can push a cleaning rod from chamber to muzzle (big oversight), it looks like a nice design. I haven't been in the shop since Jason & Abby sold it, but generally the QD stuff is nice. $99 is a good price for the feature set.
I don't think they are pushing the receivers. I agree about the hole for the cleaning rod. But that is not a deal breaker for me so long as there are no other disappointments. And the price works. I'm curious why I'm having trouble finding any info on it good or bad.
Anyway, thanks!
QD has never been good at marketing their products, old owners or the new ones. Outside of AZ, I doubt you would ever come across any QD products.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

QuietM4 wrote: September 30th, 2023, 3:46 pm
RandyTF wrote: September 30th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Anyway, thanks!
QD has never been good at marketing their products, old owners or the new ones. Outside of AZ, I doubt you would ever come across any QD products.
At least they came up on a google search for Ruger 10 22 receivers.