Springfield Echelon

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
gunpoorboy1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Springfield Echelon

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Just got home with a new Echelon and went directly to the Manual as I usually do on new guns and there was no manual in the box. Not sure if the gun store lost it or if Springfield just doesn't include them with this firearm as they can be accessed on line.

Anyone else have this problem.

kenpoprofessor

Re: Springfield Echelon

Post by kenpoprofessor »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: September 25th, 2023, 3:31 pm Just got home with a new Echelon and went directly to the Manual as I usually do on new guns and there was no manual in the box. Not sure if the gun store lost it or if Springfield just doesn't include them with this firearm as they can be accessed on line.

Why do you need a manual? There's literally information spitting out of the internet with this gun, go find it.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

kenpoprofessor wrote: September 25th, 2023, 3:40 pm
gunpoorboy1 wrote: September 25th, 2023, 3:31 pm Just got home with a new Echelon and went directly to the Manual as I usually do on new guns and there was no manual in the box. Not sure if the gun store lost it or if Springfield just doesn't include them with this firearm as they can be accessed on line.

Why do you need a manual? There's literally information spitting out of the internet with this gun, go find it.

Clyde
Why would you not want one? I think its a valid question that he is simply asking if they are included or not now. I rarely reference a manual on a firearm but there have been times it definitely made getting my answer by grabbing the manual for it quicker then getting online to search for it. I personally like to flip pages rather then clicks. It makes it easier at the work bench too. This applies to all kinds of things not just firearms.

I would not be surprised if Springfield cut the costs by not printing a manual most people will not read so they put that on the customer to print one themselves if they so desire. The last Springfield I had was a hellcat and it came with a manual. Post your thoughts on the Echelon after you take it out. I fingered one at AmmoAZ but was not sold on it but seems like a decent gat.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

rockbronco wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:31 pm

Why would you not want one? I think its a valid question that he is simply asking if they are included or not now. I rarely reference a manual on a firearm but there have been times it definitely made getting my answer by grabbing the manual for it quicker then getting online to search for it. I personally like to flip pages rather then clicks. It makes it easier at the work bench too. This applies to all kinds of things not just firearms.

I would not be surprised if Springfield cut the costs by not printing a manual most people will not read so they put that on the customer to print one themselves if they so desire. The last Springfield I had was a hellcat and it came with a manual. Post your thoughts on the Echelon after you take it out. I fingered one at AmmoAZ but was not sold on it but seems like a decent gat.
Here's why you don't "need" a manual in the box. If you have a "smartphone" at the bench, it's right there as well.

https://support.springfield-armory.com/ ... lon-manual

Sorry you FUDDS can't keep up with the tech when it comes to the new stuff. I'm old, but you have to accept the "old way" isn't going to be relevant anymore. Yes, I've finger banged the Echelon, I thought the trigger sucked, and the juice ain't worth the $queeze on this one.

Clyde
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I indicated in my question that I could access one on-line. That was not the question----from now on Cloyd, read the note before answering. Better yet, just don't answer, you're very seldom helpful.

And yes, I prefer a written manual over internet scripture.
I'll let you know how I like the Echelon after I shoot it. (if that's alright with Cloyd.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: September 25th, 2023, 6:08 pm I indicated in my question that I could access one on-line. That was not the question----from now on Cloyd, read the note before answering. Better yet, just don't answer, you're very seldom helpful.

And yes, I prefer a written manual over internet scripture.
I'll let you know how I like the Echelon after I shoot it. (if that's alright with Cloyd.
OK FUDD

Clyde
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Has nothing to do with keeping up with tech. Just preference of a paper manual over digital and was it supposed to come with one.

This brings up another thought about required stuff in the box such as a trigger lock? is a printed manual required to be shipped with a new firearm? Just curious as Ive never thought about that before.
Shootist

Post by Shootist »

You can contact Springfield Armory and have them mail you a manual.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

rockbronco wrote: September 26th, 2023, 8:19 am Has nothing to do with keeping up with tech. Just preference of a paper manual over digital and was it supposed to come with one.

This brings up another thought about required stuff in the box such as a trigger lock? is a printed manual required to be shipped with a new firearm? Just curious as Ive never thought about that before.
You realize, it took me ten seconds to find the answer to your question on Youtube. See, this is what I mean, you write a question, expecting an answer, when all you had to do was a ten second search on YT. FUDD stuff.

Clyde
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Relax Cloyd, you'll have a stroke.

For the rest of you, I contacted Springfield today and she verified they no longer send out hard manuals but will mail me one.
Also, I've seen other questions regarding the fact that the box only contains two packages of pins when there should be three to complete the set for the various optics. She advised that the third set is already installed below the plate.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Good info, especially on the pins, I could see that being an easily missed thing.

I bet if enough people call for a manual they might rethink going full digital on that. I know you could print one too but its nice to have a bound copy with front and back print
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

rockbronco wrote: September 26th, 2023, 11:05 am Good info, especially on the pins, I could see that being an easily missed thing.

I bet if enough people call for a manual they might rethink going full digital on that. I know you could print one too but its nice to have a bound copy with front and back print
Well, I'm gonna say, there's probably only a handful of folks like yourself that want that, so, I don't see it happening, EVER. It's just stupid, and costly, to add it in when the information is so readily available digitally, and there are not enough dinosaurs who want it to even contemplate adding it. We live in a digital age, maybe you don't, but the rest of us do. Catch up with times, we can't go back, well, not right now anyway.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 10:42 am Relax Cloyd, you'll have a stroke.

For the rest of you, I contacted Springfield today and she verified they no longer send out hard manuals but will mail me one.
Also, I've seen other questions regarding the fact that the box only contains two packages of pins when there should be three to complete the set for the various optics. She advised that the third set is already installed below the plate.
Had you done more research on the gun, you would've found that information without even picking up a phone. And, you'd learn more about your new purchase than you'd ever thought. FUDDs, everywhere, it's sad.

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hmm, digital age, not for me, when the power goes out then wtf :lol:
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I like to have a paper manual as well. I am not always in places that have internet, or sometimes I don't want to sort through the garbage on the internet to get an answer when I can just grab the manual. Often times the manuals have the parts breakdowns which can be super useful. It is like service manuals for vehicles - sometimes having the actual physical copy is more convenient than having the digital on a device. There are advantages to both physical and digital.

Funny when the person calling others "fudd" is the one acting the most like it, and for no valid reason. Some serious s.d.e going on there.
Last edited by paulgt2164 on September 26th, 2023, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.