Springfield Echelon

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
trailboss60
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Springfield Echelon

Post by trailboss60 »

rockbronco wrote: September 26th, 2023, 11:05 am Good info, especially on the pins, I could see that being an easily missed thing.

I bet if enough people call for a manual they might rethink going full digital on that. I know you could print one too but its nice to have a bound copy with front and back print

I too prefer a printed manual, regardless of what product I have. I don’t care for E-readers either, I will take a book any day.

Found this on the internets from the online dictionary:

“What does being a Fudd mean?
Noun. Fudd (plural Fudds) (derogatory) A gun-owner who supports traditional hunting guns but favors gun control for other guns such as handguns or tactical rifles. (derogatory) A bumbling and ill-educated person.“

I don’t think that description characterizes the op.

kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

knockonit wrote: September 26th, 2023, 11:44 am hmm, digital age, not for me, when the power goes out then wtf :lol:
If the power goes out, we're totally screwed anyway. No phones to call, no internet, it's why you use the availability of the information we have now to prepare for that eventuality. And yes, you're not thumbing your nose at the digital age, you and I both embrace the luxury it provides at times. :mrgreen: even though we're as "old school" as they come.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

trailboss60 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 11:46 am
rockbronco wrote: September 26th, 2023, 11:05 am Good info, especially on the pins, I could see that being an easily missed thing.

I bet if enough people call for a manual they might rethink going full digital on that. I know you could print one too but its nice to have a bound copy with front and back print

I too prefer a printed manual, regardless of what product I have. I don’t care for E-readers either, I will take a book any day.

Found this on the internets from the online dictionary:

“What does being a Fudd mean?
Noun. Fudd (plural Fudds) (derogatory) A gun-owner who supports traditional hunting guns but favors gun control for other guns such as handguns or tactical rifles. (derogatory) A bumbling and ill-educated person.“

I don’t think that description characterizes the op.

There are lots of "definitions" for FUDDs, not just that one, but the "bumbling and ill educated" seems to fit this situation. That only encompasses a bit of what a FUDD is. I had a conversation with a few guys in the last few weeks who wouldn't consider themselves FUDDs, but they were. Holding up a pistol with a teacup grip saying there's only one gun he shoots well, and then calling the magazine a clip while claiming he's owned guns for 50 years FUDD, period.

Clyde
DM47

Post by DM47 »

Racewin

Post by Racewin »

A reasonable question.

I also like (not require) having a paper manual as a hard reference, and as part of a more complete firearm purchase package. Sometimes, I find it faster to just look it up on paper. Also, anything online can be altered, or unavailable if power/web goes down.

In the case of the Echelon, the manual was easily accessible and (in theory) printable from their site, though it does seem to have some embedded videos. Hopefully they are passing some of the print cost savings on to the customer.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

paulgt2164 wrote: September 26th, 2023, 11:45 am I like to have a paper manual as well. I am not always in places that have internet, or sometimes I don't want to sort through the garbage on the internet to get an answer when I can just grab the manual. Often times the manuals have the parts breakdowns which can be super useful. It is like service manuals for vehicles - sometimes having the actual physical copy is more convenient than having the digital on a device. There are advantages to both physical and digital.

Funny when the person calling others "fudd" is the one acting the most like it, and for no valid reason. Some serious s.d.e going on there.
Vehicle manuals are another thing I prefer to have paper on lot of times. Much easier to reference when working then a a digital method. Ever work in a non ac shop in the middle of summer while trying to reference manuals on a device? Constantly overheating, killing battery’s and shutting down? Touching it with greasy hands etc? If so you will understand the desire for paper vs digital. Don’t get me wrong I use tech to my advantage everyday but it’s not always the answer.

I find it funny I’m called a fudd for a preference of a paper manual vs digital video and mentioning others might too :lol:

This forum needs more discussions and less arguments. What might start as a “stupid” question turns into a good discussion about what we all love….firearms….but hey what do I know I’m just a fudd lol
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

I think the "argument" part of this thread is just another example of a certain someone trying to compensate for some serious s.d.e. and looking for a "I told you so" argument when he doesn't realize those always make him look like an a**.

I have shelves of printed manuals, books, guides, etc - and they are worth their weight in gold. As the years go by the internet is more and more a cesspool of misinformation or incomplete subject matter. And if that isn't the case - what you want is behind a paywall.

I would rather take something off a shelf, go to page 47 and get what I need than watch some dingleberry's youtube video where they take 18 minutes to get to what I need, and have to skip around between ads and drivel.I work in tech, and have a youtube channel - and still prefer a good ol' manual that doesn't have a battery, doesn't go to sleep, and isn't fragile if something whacks it, it falls, etc.
QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

paulgt2164 wrote: September 27th, 2023, 11:16 amI would rather take something off a shelf, go to page 47 and get what I need than watch some dingleberry's youtube video where they take 18 minutes to get to what I need, and have to skip around between ads and drivel.
I'm with you. The utube generation is a joke.

Have watched a few of those videos and found very few useful.

The rest seem to be mostly hand waving and yapping to make the run time longer. I would guess they get paid by how long they run.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

Adding Clyde to “ignore” has greatly improved my enjoyment of this site.

I can’t recall a time when he has had anything other than a negative, counterproductive, or harassing interaction with others here.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Joe_Blacke wrote: September 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm Adding Clyde to “ignore” has greatly improved my enjoyment of this site.

I can’t recall a time when he has had anything other than a negative, counterproductive, or harassing interaction with others here.
OMG, I'm just so torn up about this, NOT. I apparently take up some good real estate in your head for you to even post about it, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Clyde
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

20230201_133751.jpg
20230423_081910.jpg
I LOVE FUDDruckerz