Question about a Gun In a Meme

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
MarkItZero
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Question about a Gun In a Meme

Post by MarkItZero »

BigNate wrote: September 15th, 2023, 9:48 am
MarkItZero wrote: September 14th, 2023, 5:28 pm
BigNate wrote: September 14th, 2023, 8:40 am
My understanding is that federal law does not classify black powder guns as "firearms" and some states follow suit - so in those cases there is nothing to prevent a prohibited possessor from owning / carrying one. Now I'm wondering if a cap and ball black powder revolver would fall under that same convention. This is getting interesting... :-)
A cap and ball revolver is not a firearm per federal law. It can ship interstate to a non FFL. It could also be possessed by a felon under federal law.
While I'm not generally a fan of the idea of felons carrying guns - I can imagine a number of scenarios in which this could be a handy bit of information for someone working around the edges of things...

A quick search of the interwebs returns a bunch of folks saying that Commiefornia takes the same view of black powder arms as the federal government does. There's a piece of me that thinks that doing some work on a high performance (relative) black powder cap and ball revolver for concealed carry in LA would be fun... :mrgreen:

EDIT - so 220grain 44 bullet at 1000 FPS - makes for a reasonable personal defense round... :D

https://www.guns.com/news/review/gun-re ... c-gel-test
FWIW when I lived in California I had a Pietta 1858 Remington clone shipped to my door

nvgdude

Re: Question about a Gun In a Meme

Post by nvgdude »

Looks like a kit BP muzzle loader. I have one around here somewhere. Couldn't figure out what the metal plate looking thing was until the zoomed image where it's obviously just a buckle.