CMMG 22LR barrel boohoo

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
RandyTF
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CMMG 22LR barrel boohoo

Post by RandyTF »

Had to send back a new .22LR CMMG barrel for a .22 dedicated AR15. Accuracy was the issue. They confirmed the problem was the barrel and said a new barrel had been "ordered". All that sounds good but they have had my returned barrel since May 5 and I'm still waiting almost 2 months later for the replacement. Their excuses for delay are because weather prevented accuracy testing and then the "ordered" barrel. Am I expecting too much? CMMG business as usual? :violin:

Pro2a

Re: CMMG 22LR barrel boohoo

Post by Pro2a »

My guess is they want those barrels for full blown rifles.
More Money
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

Manufacturers will typically tool up and produce products in batches. They will make a run of 5.56 barrels, and then make a run of 9mm barrels, and then .22LR barrels and so on. It could be that they are waiting for the next run of .22LR barrels.

edit to add:
Of course, since you had to go through the hassle of returning a product which you already paid for and have been waiting for a replacement, it would be nice if CMMG customer service would throw in a couple of free mags or something to compensate you for the aggravation. Also, they should be able to give you an estimated time frame in when they will ship your replacement barrel.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

This is the first CMMG product that I have had to return. I would think that they would allow for warranty replacements and have a reserve parts stock rather than have a customer wait until the next scheduled production. Companies who are most successful are those who take care of customers after the sale.