Meeting with BLM to discuss new ranges and desert shooting.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!

Select day and time of you preffer

Poll ended at July 6th, 2023, 1:36 pm

July 5th
24%
July 6th
18%
July 7th
12%
Morning
6%
Midday
24%
afternoon
18%

Total votes: 17

YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Meeting with BLM to discuss new ranges and desert shooting.

Post by YNOTAZ »

We would like to schedule a “pre-meeting” one of the following days. In either morning mid-day or afternoon. Please respond on who can come at what time, so we can get the most people possible.

The location will be near deer valley airport.

If WIFI is available, we will set up a Zoom meeting for remote attendees.

The purpose will be to set an agenda and specific agenda items for our meeting with BLM along with discussion of the format of the meeting. BLM has offered a whole gaggle of folks they could bring in covering operations, enforcement, administration etc. We want to know the group's thoughts on that. All we have committed to so far is a meeting moderator to keep the meeting to the topic and agenda we, as a group, are setting.

This poll will be posted on several board where we have had people respond to the "we need help" request.

Suck My Glock

Re: Meeting with BLM to discuss new ranges and desert shooting.

Post by Suck My Glock »

But they'll just lie. Other than to show opposition to their agenda, which they will ignore, what's the point? Why grant them any legitimacy by playing their games? Just hand them a note saying we're looking forward to Trump or someone else hacking away at their departments when the current regime ends and suck on it.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I see two options, we try and see what we can do or wait, because we all want to play bad-ass MoFos and drag our toys out to use them against the onslaught of liberals.

We all know Bidet is an a**hole, everyone here says that and shouting it is just preaching to the choir, how about we preach to somebody else, if that fails, then.........

I'm not willing to sit on my a$$ and wait for Trump or another Trump-like individual to save us all in 2024. Assuming it even happens, by the time he gets to "desert recreational shooting", me, my kids, and possibly my grandchildren will be long dead, while he is fixing up the major crap the liberals have already Phucked up.

You are welcome to sit this one out but there is no need to bash other that want to do something.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

If I were bashing you, you would know it. My comment was merely that. Yes, I'm frustrated. Sorry if it seemed I was attacking you.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I didn't take it as personal. I'm just trying to get broader ideas and help in proceeding.

I posted on 4 "FIREARMS" forums, total membership over 20,000, views well over 5,000, 18 people sent messages with contact information to help.

If you feel frustrated, just imagine.......
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:07 pm I didn't take it as personal. I'm just trying to get broader ideas and help in proceeding.

I posted on 4 "FIREARMS" forums, total membership over 20,000, views well over 5,000, 18 people sent messages with contact information to help.

If you feel frustrated, just imagine.......
Tony, you have to face the truth. Most of these people here don't care, it's like their spouse is cheating and not seeing all the red flags they're throwing right in their faces and still go "wow, never saw that coming" when it's finally exposed. The people on these forums use it for what is is, entertainment, they're not really serious about their guns or their right.

And yea, if that post pissed you off, good, and I'm happy to do,it again and again. Go sign up to be part of the AZCDL and get yourself involved. If it didn't, well, you've accepted the truth, thank you.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
nimrag

Post by nimrag »

If it’s zoom, any of the days and any of the times work for me. If not, midway or afternoons are the most likely times I could attend.
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

Shared to my shooting club. If you can set up zoom, great. Perhaps if one of the attendees has a hotspot, ... Hope this helps.
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

Not sure what I can contribute I've only even heard of BLM shooting ranges since joining this forum and really haven't formed any ideas or opinions yet. I'm not very articulate but I can be a warm body if that helps.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Jay Gee wrote: June 27th, 2023, 10:06 am Not sure what I can contribute I've only even heard of BLM shooting ranges since joining this forum and really haven't formed any ideas or opinions yet. I'm not very articulate but I can be a warm body if that helps.
Jay Cee, you never know what you have to offer till you try, and do appreciate the effort, seems the effort by a few is best we can dow, so off we go, when engaged in discussion, it amazes me of the revelations many have to achieve a goal, thanks Rj
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

we are coming up on this pre meet, hope to have next week, please respond to poll, also am assuming we can do a zoom also,
we did do some drone footage, and will ry and get out to prospective meeting members so you may know a little more about sites and issues, whew lotsa work
and some one said
''never give up'' AZCDL hasn't in their fight to keep our gun rights, and we won't either on this issue, been a long road to get some attention, so lets get to it.
thanks to all, its up to the users of the land not just for shooters, but off roaders, campers ect. its public land and the public needs access.
Rj
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

D9BD59A5-0A0B-4146-9C7B-C1DC4A36C76B.jpeg
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

At the moment, it is looking like Mid-Day on the 5th. We are going to try and do a dry run at room, check out WIFI for ZOOM, etc. today. We will peg the date/time over the weekend and post it at the latest, Monday morning, but hopefully on Sunday.
Surprise270WIN
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Surprise270WIN »

I think a good outdoor range would be around the backside of The White Tank Mountains near Sun Valley Parkway.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

BLM said they were not doing anything until they complete Table Mesa Road.

Based on how long the 3 ranges on the NW side took, 1 on the SE side, how many F-Ups during construction and after opening, I project 5 years minimum from the start date, and the start date hasn't arrived yet.

We will likely try one more shot at getting some areas reopened with no cost to BLM and the most minimal effort.