Bullets HITTING Bullets in Slow Motion - THE IMPOSSIBLE SHOT

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Bullets HITTING Bullets in Slow Motion - THE IMPOSSIBLE SHOT

Post by Suck My Glock »

xerts1191

Re: Bullets HITTING Bullets in Slow Motion - THE IMPOSSIBLE SHOT

Post by xerts1191 »

He!! Yes 👍
Longhair1957

Post by Longhair1957 »

Very cool
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

Lot of work went into this! Not a bubba thing at all. Well done.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I notice that the .38 Special bullets shattered into smithereens ("smithereens" are "small smithers" BTW), while the Civil War bullets remained intact. Them punkins must have been moving really slowly.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

smithers599 wrote: June 12th, 2023, 4:27 pm I notice that the .38 Special bullets shattered into smithereens ("smithereens" are "small smithers" BTW), while the Civil War bullets remained intact. Them punkins must have been moving really slowly.
About 40 years ago, I went out into the parking lot the morning after New Year's Eve and found next to the driver's side door of my car a 12ga. slug that had been fired the night before and had come down and mushed itself into the asphalt right where I was standing if I was getting in or out of the car. It was deformed similarly to those two minnie balls, and was of similar size and weight. It was only dropping from the sky, rather than being propelled. So while it wasn't going as fast as most gunshots in the horizontal plane,...it obviously was still traveling with enough velocity that it would have plowed through the top of my skull, had I been standing there at the time.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Suck My Glock wrote: June 12th, 2023, 6:25 pm

About 40 years ago, I went out into the parking lot the morning after New Year's Eve and found next to the driver's side door of my car a 12ga. slug that had been fired the night before and had come down and mushed itself into the asphalt right where I was standing if I was getting in or out of the car. It was deformed similarly to those two minnie balls, and was of similar size and weight. It was only dropping from the sky, rather than being propelled. So while it wasn't going as fast as most gunshots in the horizontal plane,...it obviously was still traveling with enough velocity that it would have plowed through the top of my skull, had I been standing there at the time.
We find a collections of 9mm and 45 slugs in our parking lot at work regularly....the scary part is we are out there daily working on vehicles. Recently we found a 9mm sized hole in the roof of a truck. oddly enough it punched the sheet metal just fine but stopped at the headliner
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

rockbronco wrote: June 13th, 2023, 8:38 am We find a collections of 9mm and 45 slugs in our parking lot at work regularly....the scary part is we are out there daily working on vehicles. Recently we found a 9mm sized hole in the roof of a truck. oddly enough it punched the sheet metal just fine but stopped at the headliner
My wife had a stray hit the top of her car roof. Made a dent and a tiny tear.

She didn't notice it until she went through the car wash. Came home, left shoulder all wet, "my car is spitting at me through the seat belt hole". LOL Water ran in the hole, and during the drying process the blowers were pushing it out the B pillar.