Brass trimmer question

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
gunpoorboy1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Brass trimmer question

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I just got a RCBS Trim Pro-2 case trimmer. In setting it up I'm having this problem.

The "Fine" and "Course" adjustment knobs each have a set screw to tighten and loosen for adjusting the depth of the cut. I'm going on the instructions and on the on-line videos which show that they each turn and operate separately. I can loosen the set screw on the "Course" adjustment bushing and it will rotate as it should on the cutter shaft but when I loosen the set screw on the "Fine" adjustment bushing, it will not rotate on the shaft. It's as if it's locked into place. It will not turn even when I take the set screw completely out.

Am I doing this wrong?

blasternaz

Re: Brass trimmer question

Post by blasternaz »

Are you at the end of it's adjustment? If you back off the set screw on the course adjustment wheel, does the fine adjustment work?
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

No, as I stated in my original message, it will not move even with the set screw completely out.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Just an update to say I sent the trimmer back for a refund. Moved on to a Hornady trimmer which is easier and more sturdy than the RCBS.