Any viable alternatives to Gunbroker ?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
tunnug
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Any viable alternatives to Gunbroker ?

Post by tunnug »

Haven't sold anything yet but I've bought several from https://gunsarizona.com/ , it's classifieds not an auction site so don't know if it'll be what you're looking for.

Yellowcarbon

Re: Any viable alternatives to Gunbroker ?

Post by Yellowcarbon »

I buy way too much stuff on Gunbroker. It's easy to shop when I'm taking a break at work. Particularly after I collect on sales commissions and got play money burning a hole in my pocket.

I usually view of couple of local shops. Their Gunbroker cost is very similar to their in store cost. I enter a low bid or the maximum I'll pay on items and if I win, I win. But I don't chase the auctions. I've lost stuff to the next highest bidder and regretted it. For example, I bid $925 for a POF Rouge .308 12.5" pistol. The next guy got it for $931. I really should have bid $1000, but there is no saying he wouldn't have gotten to $1010. I've lost a few AKs & Galil by $40-50.

On the other hand, I have won a couple of Turkish HiPower clones at $386, IWI Tavor TS-12 for $885, Sig M18 for $435, Mini-Draco AK pistol for $585, S&W M&P 9C for $275. Now you still have to add taxes and shipping on a few of them. But still a pretty good deal overall.

The thing I dislike about gunbroker is you have to watch all the extra fees. 3-4% for credit card payment, shipping, sales tax. So on my Tavor, I ended up paying $1040 or so after all the fees. So still a decent deal, but not the great deal I had at $885. The sellers that have the no CC fee and free shipping always gets my bid over the other. You really have to consider the over all fee on the auction when you bid.