The Death of Jordan Neely: Why Vigilantes Are a Good Thing

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The Death of Jordan Neely: Why Vigilantes Are a Good Thing

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://discernreport.com/the-death-of- ... ood-thing/

In November of 2021 the political left was frothing at the mouth in anticipation of the verdict against a conservative 17-year-old named Kyle Rittenhouse, who had used a firearm in self defense against a mob of BLM supporters trying to kill him in Kenosha, Wisconsin. With the few shots Rittenhouse fired from his AR15 rifle, he managed to hit a convicted pedophile, a convicted domestic abuser, and a third assailant with a decade-long record of theft and violence. The first two died and the third survived; the rest of the mob ran away.

Statistically speaking, how was this even possible? Apparently you can’t spit in any direction at a BLM or Antifa protest without hitting a hardcore criminal, and it proves that leftist mobs are often made up of the worst kinds of people. The kind of people attracted to riot environments because of the opportunities they provide to satiate criminal tendencies, all while those psychopaths pretend to to be fighting for a cause. Rittenhouse did the world a favor that day.

When Rittenhouse was acquitted on all charges, leftists were furious. The corporate media and even the White House had spent the better part of a year trying to demonize him as a “racist” (even though no one who got shot was a minority), and a “right wing extremist.” Even now, many on the political left still argue that Rittenhouse should be punished if only because his vindication in court might lead to even more acts of “right-wing vigilantism.”

My question is, what is wrong with vigilantism? Since the media is going to conflate self defense with vigilantes, lets really get to the root of the issue here – If a person or organization is belligerently opposed to self defense and good samaritans, I have to wonder if it’s because they have their own criminal intent?

xerts1191

Re: The Death of Jordan Neely: Why Vigilantes Are a Good Thing

Post by xerts1191 »

This would be a great time for certain individuals to turn up missing
Half Cocked

Post by Half Cocked »

Our corrupt government wants to have a monopoly on law enforcement. People in America have been brainwashed by the Hollyweird entertainment business and in the schools that government law enforcement agencies are there to protect us and they have a childlike faith in these agencies. They have also been programmed to believe that vigilantism is wrong or evil.

Most of us know that self protection is the responsibility of the individual and that government law enforcement agencies will not be there when we need them. They will show up after the fact and, if you actually exercise your right to defend yourself, you may end up being treated as a criminal.

When it comes to vigilantism, the case of Ken McElroy comes to mind:

This video sometimes uses the term murder for what happened to McElroy. I prefer to use the phrase that he "got his just deserts". The only fault I find with the actions of the people of Skidmore, Missouri is that they waited too long before they liquidated McElroy.

Here is another article on vigilantism:

https://prescottenews.com/index.php/202 ... -buz-blog/

Vigilantism may not always be the appropriate course of action. But, there may be times where it is necessary.
nvgdude

Post by nvgdude »

The term Vigilante dates from the early to mid 1850s.

Originally meaning someone who was a member of a "People's Committee of Vigilance". These Committees generally sprung up amongst the people in response to government corruption.

See San Fransisco Committee of Vigilance for the best known example.

Neither the Rittenhouse case, Bernie Goetz, nor the Daniel Penny case are examples of Vigilantism. They are simple self defense and/or defense of others.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

What we really need to start is another Star Chamber.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Wow, what a dick
So multiple people CAN keep a secret, even when said multiple people are all alive...
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Some vigilantism is good - some is evil...

Vigilantism - as in: "rush out and find the person that you think did something wrong and dispense justice outside of the court system... This is a bad thing. We have courts for a reason - and "vigilante justice," while emotionally appealing, is a bad thing in a civilized society (not saying that the justice system can't be improved - just that vigilante justice is not the answer).

Vigilantism - as in: "being aware of what is happening around you, and taking appropriate action to defend yourself or others from criminal / evil acts..." This is a good thing.

The difference is in the immediacy of the situation. Stopping a crime is good, turning yourself into judge, jury, and executioner is bad.

Years ago I was walking into a retail establishment and saw a female store employee chasing someone who was running from the store (back in the day before they fired employees for confronting shoplifters). My buddy and I tackled him and held him until the police got there. I'd like to think that I'd do this again tomorrow.

How about some examples...
Kyle Rittenhouse - the act of being there and protecting his community may have been "good vigilantism" - the shooting was pure self-defense - zero issues with what he did and in my view the prosecutors that brought charges against him should, at a minimum, be charged with malicious prosecution, and should probably be fired and disbarred.

Rooftop Koreans - Vigilantism? Yep - of the good kind... Protecting their lives, livelihood, and property from a violent mob that was burning, looting and murdering people. Glad they did this, I would like to think that I would do the same.

Daniel Penny - the Jordan Neely Case - It sure looked like this started out as a good Samaritan trying to protect those around him from a crazed criminal. Should he have released sooner? Probably - but I've got no frame of reference for what he felt or why he kept choking him after I presume that he went limp when out... That's for the courts to decide. I can tell you that I sent a few bucks to his legal defense fund.

Travis McMichael & Gregory McMichael the Ahmaud Arbery Case - Ahmaud Arbery may or may not have been up to no good - but the guys that chased him down and shot him sure appear to have engaged in vigilante justice. I actually have zero problem with them confronting the guy, calling the police on him, filming him to turn the film over to the police - but when you shoot an unarmed man because you suspect that he might have been stealing something earlier - yeah - you belong in prison. If they had stopped at confronting him / filming him - and they got prosecuted I'd be on their side - but they used deadly force against an unarmed guy because they assumed that he was up to no good. THAT is the "bad" vigilantism."

My 2 cents...