Gun fight rule #2: have more than 1 gun

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun fight rule #2: have more than 1 gun

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/man-s ... smoke-shop

Shooting outside Glendale smoke shop was in self-defense, store owner says
By Danielle Miller and Irene Snyder
Published April 7, 2023 6:44AM
Updated 5:15PM
Crime and Public Safety
FOX 10 Phoenix

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Glendale detectives are investigating after a man was shot multiple times outside a smoke shop late Thursday night.

The shooting was reported on April 6 at 11:45 p.m. at a strip mall near 65th Avenue and Glendale.
Arizona Gov Will Cover The Cost To Install Solar If You Own A Home In These Zip CodesEnergyBillCruncher|
Sponsored

The owner of Smoke Casa, Ouday Muslet, says his store was just about to close when an armed man came inside and wrestled his employee to the ground.

The employee, who also had a gun in his waistband, shot the man in the leg. Muslet said the man responded by pointing a gun at the clerk's head.

"He had no time to do anything, he was literally attacked at the front door," Muslet said.
Glendale smoke shop owner says his employee shot man in self-defense after being attacked

The owner of Smoke Casa, says his store was just about to close when an armed man came inside and wrestled his employee to the ground. FOX 10s Irene Snyder reports.

The unknown man reportedly managed to take the employee's gun and ran outside, pointing both weapons at him.

Muslet then claimed that the clerk grabbed another gun they had on hand at the store and shot the man outside.

"Do you wait to see what he's gonna do? Not necessarily, we're talking about life or death here," Muslet said.

The man who was shot was hospitalized in life-threatening condition.
Glendale smoke shop shooting was in self-defense, store owner says

A man is in critical condition after being shot outside of Smoke Casa off 65th Avenue and Glendale, and we're hearing from the shop owner who says his employee was defending himself. FOX 10's Irene Snyder reports.

Muslet says his employee was detained that night, and he was frustrated by it because he was acting in self-defense.

"My employee is okay, hopefully that guy will be OK, but we had somebody come and threaten someone's life, and we defended ourselves," Muslet said. "[He] took whatever precautions he needed to make sure he walked away that night."

Police have yet to release updates on this shooting investigation.

Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Gun fight rule #2: have more than 1 gun

Post by Cbvanb »

I wouldn’t argue with your conclusion, but it would have been simpler to shoot the attacker numerous times, and preferably center of mass.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Cbvanb wrote: April 9th, 2023, 1:51 pm I wouldn’t argue with your conclusion, but it would have been simpler to shoot the attacker numerous times, and preferably center of mass.
Absolutely, shoot to stop, not to wound, and it seems it almost cost the person their life. If you're going to fire that weapon, you better have a clear idea of what the consequences of shooting it are. That was a stupid thing to do.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
condition_0ne

Post by condition_0ne »

Two is one, one is none. Or maybe don't let the guy take your firearm in the first place? Yikes.
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Lots of "stuff" happens in that sort of situation. Kudos to them for having gun(s) and for living through it. Monday Morning QB'ing the situation - meh... If they shot him in the leg on purpose - that was stupid... following an armed guy outside - probably not the smartest move... On the other hand - they lived - so I'm going to put this in the same category as the old airplane axiom that says that "any landing you can walk away from is a good landing... " :-)
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

BigNate wrote: February 6th, 2024, 2:03 pm Lots of "stuff" happens in that sort of situation. Kudos to them for having gun(s) and for living through it. Monday Morning QB'ing the situation - meh... If they shot him in the leg on purpose - that was stupid... following an armed guy outside - probably not the smartest move... On the other hand - they lived - so I'm going to put this in the same category as the old airplane axiom that says that "any landing you can walk away from is a good landing... " :-)
Also: "The man who was shot was hospitalized in life-threatening condition."

W

ETA: Sittling here waiting for my car to be serviced, with 1911 IWB -- and .380 in pocket.
Rules 1 and 2 both. :-)