Shooting Spot Trash Cleanup and Shoot - 3/18 - 8:00AM

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
BigNate
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Shooting Spot Trash Cleanup and Shoot - 3/18 - 8:00AM

Post by BigNate »

Thanks for the pictures @delta6...

It was a great day - thanks to the guys who came out, cleaned up, and then had a blast getting a bit of powder therapy. It was great to meet you guys face to face...

Here's what we hauled out...
20230318_092536 - Copy.jpg
Also - as to the dump fee - I thought I'd share that when I pulled in to the landfill and the guy glanced at the trailer to see what we were dumping (we needed to separate metal from other stuff) and I noted that we were coming from a club cleanup of a desert shooting site - he smiled, said "thank you - no fee - please separate the metal items into the metal bin over there... "

delta6

Post by delta6 »

BigNate wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:30 am It was a great day - thanks to the guys who came out, cleaned up, ......

Also - as to the dump fee - I thought I'd share that when I pulled in to the landfill and the guy glanced at the trailer .....and I noted that we were coming from a club cleanup of a desert shooting site - he smiled, said "thank you - no fee.....
GREAT job Nate :clap:
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

Good to know for future clean ups....nice that he gave you a pass. Hope to see more join in on these events in the future. Was great to meet those who attended.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I live nearby and wanted to be in on this, but had friends arriving in town whom I was hosting, so I had to pass. If nothing else, I wanted to see if this was near my own shooting spot in that general area or if it was a different one. The photos seem to confirm you were in the same general area I have been before. Specifically, the one showing the dump in the distance. Were you guys along the canal, or further south?
MTURBO

Post by MTURBO »

THANK YOU!!!
BigNate

Post by BigNate »

Suck My Glock wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:52 am I live nearby and wanted to be in on this, but had friends arriving in town whom I was hosting, so I had to pass. If nothing else, I wanted to see if this was near my own shooting spot in that general area or if it was a different one. The photos seem to confirm you were in the same general area I have been before. Specifically, the one showing the dump in the distance. Were you guys along the canal, or further south?
We'll do another one before it gets too hot.

I did not see a canal... we were out to the South West of the Waste Management Deer Valley Landfill (at about 195th Ave and Deer Valley).
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Heartfelt thanks to those who participated. Thank you for representing the shooting community.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

BigNate wrote: March 20th, 2023, 3:36 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:52 am I live nearby and wanted to be in on this, but had friends arriving in town whom I was hosting, so I had to pass. If nothing else, I wanted to see if this was near my own shooting spot in that general area or if it was a different one. The photos seem to confirm you were in the same general area I have been before. Specifically, the one showing the dump in the distance. Were you guys along the canal, or further south?

I did not see a canal... we were out to the South West of the Waste Management Deer Valley Landfill (at about 195th Ave and Deer Valley).
Well if you didn't go further than the Ford Proving Grounds, I think I know where you were. :greetings-waveyellow:
delta6

Post by delta6 »

:D
BigNate wrote: March 20th, 2023, 3:36 pm

Yeah...I saw a power line...I saw a wash....a land fill...a cattle turn out...I may have even saw Jesus....
But I still didn't know where we were... :?
jrleen

Post by jrleen »

Jesus was likely in the group that came in for 25 minutes and took off. Baptizing a new shooter for that nights activities.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

jrleen wrote: March 20th, 2023, 4:45 pm Jesus was likely in the group that came in for 25 minutes and took off. Baptizing a new shooter for that nights activities.
:happy-jumpyellow: :text-goodpost:
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Great job 👏
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

"Well if you didn't go further than the Ford Proving Grounds, I think I know where you were"

It's more or less directly south of Ford, probably half way between Ford and Bell rd. South of the power line road. The CAP is several miles North and West. The other canal is by the old police shooting range near the 303.

I also live in the area and if you want to go shooting soon I'm in. I've been out there with delta6 and we are informally planning another day. It would be great for others nearby to join in.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Jay Gee wrote: March 20th, 2023, 7:56 pm "Well if you didn't go further than the Ford Proving Grounds, I think I know where you were"

It's more or less directly south of Ford, probably half way between Ford and Bell rd. South of the power line road. The CAP is several miles North and West. The other canal is by the old police shooting range near the 303.

I also live in the area and if you want to go shooting soon I'm in. I've been out there with delta6 and we are informally planning another day. It would be great for others nearby to join in.
:text-yeahthat:
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

Tell me why I just looked at that area and saw a land mark on my map with a cross...I see the Jesus joke now...
I'm only about 15-20 mins away from there and usually drive 30 to pleasant so I'm definitely down for meeting up sometime. I work Saturdays so I couldn't attend, but usually off Wednesdays and Sundays.