Binary Trigger Questions

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
campinginaz
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Binary Trigger Questions

Post by campinginaz »

Although Binary Triggers are pretty expensive still I think it might be a pretty cool fun factor especially if it was on an SBR and you could swap uppers to shoot cheaper calibers like 9mm and .22LR.

Anyone own these and like them? Is it more of a waste of money?

I'm also concerned that these would get banned one day with the way the ATF is (and will always be).

pneuby

Re: Binary Trigger Questions

Post by pneuby »

I have yet to see the 'original' Franklin Armory Binary trigger caught-up in any of the current mess.
Seems it's only the Forced Reset Trigger and its clone from Big Daddy.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Are they a waste of money? IMO, yes. Go rent a true full auto.

Can it be fun? Of course...especially on a 22lr. For anything else, it's just an expensive way to burn through more expensive ammo. But it's your wallet....
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

QuietM4 wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 12:05 pm Are they a waste of money? IMO, yes. Go rent a true full auto.

Can it be fun? Of course...especially on a 22lr. For anything else, it's just an expensive way to burn through more expensive ammo. But it's your wallet....
Very true! Sometimes I just want that full auto feel I used to get when I was in the Marines and this would be the closest thing without spending money at expensive class 3 ranges. I don't think I would use it often for 5.56, but some 9mm and 22lr would be pretty cool. I wonder if they have 22lr full auto bolts since the bolt has to be full auto rated.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

I purchased a Franklin Binary Trigger and had it installed on my Ruger 10/22. At first it was a total blast. Of course I immediatley got caught up in the "shoot" as fast as I could thing and would go through several hundred rounds of .22 every time I went to the range. I finally just stopped aiming and simply just pulled the trigger for the fun of it. (and it was, and is, a lot of fun). Finally got too boring to justify the expense of all the ammo being shot so I had it taken off, replaced by the original Ruger trigger and ended up selling the Franklin for a pretty good loss. I am now resigned to just shooting my semi-auto and actually aiming and hitting a target. There ya go, sad but true, boo hoo.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I installed one on my buddy's 10/22, and he has a blast with the thing. I thought about putting one on a PC Carbine, but I feel like it will get old after a few outings, and then I'll be stuck with an awful trigger in the standard semi-auto mode. For the trigger to function, it has a much harder trigger pull than I like, but maybe I'm just a trigger snob.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I have one in a S&W 15-22. It's just a fun toy. I had a bit of an issue at first with it only working in Binary mode, but I worked it out. The 15-22 is not my primary, nor precision, nor my only 15-22, and it stack in with several Ruge 10/22s.

The slightly harder trigger pull doesn't bother me on this gun, and I have easily relegated it to a registered SBR that's fun and cheap to shoot.

Is it worth the money, that depends on the buyer.
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

Put one in a 5.56 carbine type AR-15, would jam about 1/100 rounds until I changed to an H2 buffer. Smooth sailing from there onwards, lots of fun.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

NBC_LT wrote: February 24th, 2023, 7:35 am Put one in a 5.56 carbine type AR-15, would jam about 1/100 rounds until I changed to an H2 buffer. Smooth sailing from there onwards, lots of fun.
Sounds expensive! I'd probably only do that once in a while with 5.56 but I bet it's fun. I miss the full auto MP5's and M4's I got to shoot many years ago.
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

They are a fun toy. Especially when you have that friend that hasn’t ever had the joy of full auto. You can go go as slow or as fast as you like.