Colt revolver Ques?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
h8pvmnt
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Colt revolver Ques?

Post by h8pvmnt »

Just shot my 4" python today with 158 semi jacket soft points. What a great shooting revolver. Just made me smile and it carries pretty well to while out Javelina hunting with my son. The 3" will be better to carry but dont have a holster for it yet. Dont really have a holster i like for the 4" either but have one that works...

BigNate

Re: Colt revolver Ques?

Post by BigNate »

h8pvmnt wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:18 am There will always be a market for these Colt Snake Guns. Buy stuff that makes you happy today. Right now Colt can't make enough of these to keep up with demand. So the prices will stay high. I had a 6" i bought used, a 4" i bought used and now picked up one of the new ones AZ firearms had in 3". The 3" is my favorite. I paid more for the used 6" 3 years ago than i did for the new 3". paid 100 less for the 4". If you keep it long enough the value will be there. Guns never keep up with inflation except in very rare cases. They really are pretty nice revolvers and 1600.00 aint what it used to be. But to each his own.
OK - I've wondered about this... I understand supply and demand and if Colt is under-manufacturing these I can see the price staying up - to a degree - but I've wondered if there was something "better" about them that justifies the premium... I have had an SP101, and a GP100 for a long time - and just picked up a S&W 19-4... I like them all. I've shot a python once and it was a nice gun - but I'm struggling with the idea that I'd pay twice the amount for the python that I would for the Ruger or S&W products. Did I miss a memo?