selling the SBR you didn't know you owned

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Azgunlover69
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: selling the SBR you didn't know you owned

Post by Azgunlover69 »

I'd say I feel bad however I'm not sure I ever saw positive contribution, just mere argument out of the number cruncher.

thom

Post by thom »

Has anyone read about Sen Roger Marshall and the SHORT ACT about the ATF?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Bummer that Accountant was banned. His delivery is sometimes off putting but his posts are usually well thought out. I thought it was a discussion board and not an echo chamber.

Clyde on the other hand has been calling people names ad nauseam and skates. I think "coward" is a rather slight transgression but .. I guess having that opinion might get me banned too.

In the end .. it is someone else's house and they can do as they see fit.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Well, let’s talk about it then.
I banned The Accountant after repeated warnings for name calling and personal attacks, this time was the final straw as he had just come back after being banned for a week for doing the exact same thing.

Yeah, there are the occasional pissing matches on here, and personalities do tend to clash sometimes, but how many warnings can you give someone when they fail to learn from them?

I take no pleasure in banning, quite the opposite, I go out of my way not to, but some people just can’t help themselves.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Gunslinger808 wrote: February 25th, 2023, 12:42 pm Well, let’s talk about it then.
I banned The Accountant after repeated warnings for name calling and personal attacks, this time was the final straw as he had just come back after being banned for a week for doing the exact same thing.

Yeah, there are the occasional pissing matches on here, and personalities do tend to clash sometimes, but how many warnings can you give someone when they fail to learn from them?

I take no pleasure in banning, quite the opposite, I go out of my way not to, but some people just can’t help themselves.
I was not aware he was warned and given a time out so I will STFU. Bummer but .. I was also given a warning based on some posts and did see where I over stepped and modified my posting. Just hate for this place to become an echo chamber and enjoy some push back now and again so long as its respectful.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

It's not so about being an echo chamber. Heck, I disagree with a lot of guys here and what they post.

But Accountant argued for the sake of arguing and put others down. There are always guys like him and Clyde that revel in their imagined superiority and love to insult others and tell them how stupid they are. It adds absolutely nothing to the board. Yes, you can tell that both Accountant and Clyde are intelligent guys. But instead of sharing their knowledge to edify the board and its members, they instead continued to divide and cause animosity. I believe Proverbs 6:16-19 sums it up best.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Like I said, sometimes the occasional argument happens, and can even be beneficial.
My concern is when it gets too personal and goes on for an extended period with no resolution and escalation.
I hate having to get in the middle of them, but my first priority as a mod is the orderly and peaceful running of this site, in many cases I’ll just PM those involved asking for them to tone it down.
I hate giving warnings, and banning even more so, but I will do what it takes to ensure this site doesn’t descend into chaos as I’ve seen happen with other sites where the moderation is lax or non existent.

And of course, if someone thinks I’m being too heavy handed I’m willing to listen, if you all think I’m out of line or overly sensitive send me a PM.
As with this issue or any others, I’m willing to explain why I acted as I did, I don’t want anyone thinking that anything I do is out of malice or as a power trip.
Doesn’t mean I’ll change my mind, but I do want everything out in the open, no secrets here.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

Jack Dupp wrote: February 25th, 2023, 12:55 pm It's not so about being an echo chamber. Heck, I disagree with a lot of guys here and what they post.

But Accountant argued for the sake of arguing and put others down. There are always guys like him and Clyde that revel in their imagined superiority and love to insult others and tell them how stupid they are. It adds absolutely nothing to the board. Yes, you can tell that both Accountant and Clyde are intelligent guys. But instead of sharing their knowledge to edify the board and its members, they instead continued to divide and cause animosity. I believe Proverbs 6:16-19 sums it up best.
+100! I agree they are both intellectual however do not use their intellect for good as much as they do for putting others down. In some situations 1 or both of them would make threatening comments to others about meeting someone in person to settle some stupid argument. There's nothing positive about bullies and unfortunately that is how they come across more times than not.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

thom wrote: February 25th, 2023, 11:09 am Has anyone read about Sen Roger Marshall and the SHORT ACT about the ATF?
Yes - hopeful but not holding my breath:

https://www.rickscott.senate.gov/2023/2 ... brace-rule
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Tenring wrote: February 25th, 2023, 1:19 pm
thom wrote: February 25th, 2023, 11:09 am Has anyone read about Sen Roger Marshall and the SHORT ACT about the ATF?

Sadly, it'll never get out of the White House :x
Garnaz

Post by Garnaz »

YNOTAZ wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:35 pm Mark Kelly said His team is working on my correspondence. I wonder exactly what they are doing with it??
They're going to make sure to have space for you if they need to house you for violating your constitutional right they're violating
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

delta6 wrote: February 25th, 2023, 1:32 pm
Tenring wrote: February 25th, 2023, 1:19 pm

Sadly, it'll never get out of the White House :x
Agreed - but I am hopeful it gains traction and sheds some light on the whole thing, needs to be some pushback.

I was at Avery few days ago and found myself looking around for anyone shooting an braced AR-Pistol, most people just don't know what they bought legally can now get them thrown in prison. Don't think I was the only one scanning either.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

YNOTAZ wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:35 pm Mark Kelly said His team is working on my correspondence. I wonder exactly what they are doing with it??
Exactly how long does it take for them to ignore it and throw it in the trash?
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Garnaz wrote: February 25th, 2023, 1:55 pm
They're going to make sure to have space for you if they need to house you for violating your constitutional right they're violating
No kidding, be careful
Last edited by Tenring on January 18th, 2024, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

The perfunctory email reply from space cadet was almost immediate. Their choice to ignore was probably after one of their wet behind the ears, liberal staffers understood the content of my email. There may have been an occasional shout: "he said "GUN' or "ARMS", Oh my God........