selling the SBR you didn't know you owned

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: selling the SBR you didn't know you owned

Post by XJThrottle »

The eform F1 isn't difficult.

Enter your info. Some of it is even choices from a drop down menu. When they send you the email with the cover letter return it with a photo and print card. On a few occasions I received this within a couple hours of submitting it. If for some reason you screw up a section they will contact you via email for verification. It's not automatically denied.

Winmagbill
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Winmagbill »

There is decent thread on Form 1s and getting a stamp from January. With a brace Form 1 you no longer need a photo or the engraving.

https://www.arizonashooting.org/forum/v ... rd#p119884

Pardon me for a little rant:
Just more “proof” of ATF wishy washy rule making. Why have we needed photos and engraving, but not now, what’s different? Nothing is different. Now they have created 2 types of SBRs. If I was a betting man I’d give 3 years and they’ll come out with “need a photo and engraving” mandate. Don’t see any chance they will drop the requirement on new Standard SBRs and people being people will complain and whine about it. So the ATF will say fine everyone needs to come into compliance.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

If they are successful and this "Rule" stands, I believe there will be many changes to it (as the wind blows) and further "rules" to their end game of total disarmament and control.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

Did You guys know you can click the little wrench at the top of the tread and choose subscribe without posting "following" Just an FYI about the site functionality. Posting "following accomplishes the same thing so to each his own. But now i have subscribed and also posted... Double following.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

h8pvmnt wrote: February 7th, 2023, 2:16 pm But now i have subscribed and also posted... Double following.
ditto double secret following... :lol:
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Mark Kelly said His team is working on my correspondence. I wonder exactly what they are doing with it??
thom

Post by thom »

XJThrottle wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:03 am The eform F1 isn't difficult.

Enter your info. Some of it is even choices from a drop down menu. When they send you the email with the cover letter return it with a photo and print card. On a few occasions I received this within a couple hours of submitting it. If for some reason you screw up a section they will contact you via email for verification. It's not automatically denied.
Do you know if you have to send your 2 pictures and 2 print cards for every effort 1? Or would one set cover multiple braced pistols? I tried calling ATF today and never got an answer.
Thanks
Thom
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

YNOTAZ wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:35 pm Mark Kelly said His team is working on my correspondence. I wonder exactly what they are doing with it??
He's going to send it to the moon in a rocket ship.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

thom wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:08 pm

Do you know if you have to send your 2 pictures and 2 print cards for every effort 1? Or would one set cover multiple braced pistols? I tried calling ATF today and never got an answer.
Thanks
Thom
2 photos for each form..if you send all your forms together (or reasonably close together) one set of fingerprints should do. In the past, anything under 5-6 months would pass on the FD 258 cards. Also if you do paper cards, you need to use "their" marked cards. I did not see anything in their presentation or written that would let one use other marked FD258 fingerprint cards.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

delta6 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:28 pm
thom wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:08 pm

Thanks
Thom
2 photos for each form..if you send all your forms together (or reasonably close together) one set of fingerprints should do. In the past, anything under 5-6 months would pass on the FD 258 cards. Also if you do paper cards, you need to use "their" marked cards. I did not see anything in their presentation or written that would let one use other marked FD258 fingerprint cards.
I did all mine pretty close together. Only recall sending in one pic and one print card though.

Since I was doing a bunch at a time I went to CVS and hand them crop a ton of pics to the "passport size". Saved me a TON. I had my prints done digitally at a place not too far from my office. So, I had them run off a hand full of cards. I kinda stock piled both of them. I did 10+ NFA items a year.
thom

Post by thom »

I emailed the Washingtongunlaw.com this morning asking if anyone could sell pistols with braces. The answer i got back was " as long as the sale is otherwise legal yes you may. However the new owner will be required to undergo the amnesty registration or make changes to the firearm before the 120 day expires"
This was from William Kirk.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

thom wrote: February 21st, 2023, 10:00 pm I emailed the Washingtongunlaw.com this morning asking if anyone could sell pistols with braces. The answer i got back was " as long as the sale is otherwise legal yes you may. However the new owner will be required to undergo the amnesty registration or make changes to the firearm before the 120 day expires"
0865F912-CF14-477F-AD20-B850F31AC32A.jpeg
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

thom wrote: February 21st, 2023, 10:00 pm I emailed the Washingtongunlaw.com this morning asking if anyone could sell pistols with braces. The answer i got back was " as long as the sale is otherwise legal yes you may. However the new owner will be required to undergo the amnesty registration or make changes to the firearm before the 120 day expires"
Pistol braces are legal, maybe.

During the hour+ ATF webinar the ATF spokesperson said to be legal the brace has to be removed from the pistol. Another ATF spokesperson chimed in saying the attaching device on the pistol must be removed. All the while these people were "instructing". they had a slide showing of what to do with your "braced pistol", remove it and destroy it or alter it so it cannot be attached. Possession of a working brace and an AR pistol??
Screenshot 2023-02-22 071634.jpg
The only thing they knew for sure, was you damn well better not have one of these things. So, like almost all ATF decisions it's dependent on, the phase of the moon, who's in office, and who's up for promotion.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

As we continue wade through the muck of all this tranical BS, here is another video!

TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

YNOTAZ wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 7:22 am
Pistol braces are legal, maybe.
The title of the rule is “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached Stabilizing Braces” not “Pistol Brace Ban.” There’s nothing illegal about pistol braces themselves. Some firearms that have pistol braces (or are equipped to readily accept a pistol brace) may be viewed as an SBR. A different firearm with that same brace may be viewed as a pistol. That determination is made based on the firearm itself and is the whole purpose of the rule.

I don’t agree with it, but the concept isn’t difficult to understand if you just read the rule.