So explain to me this Fudd thing

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

So explain to me this Fudd thing

Post by Boriqua »

I have seen it banded about but from what I can tell its just another way for gun owners to separate themselves into smaller groups and alienate potential allies but .. in truth .. I am not sure what it means and In fact .. I might be one.

I love shooting revolver and own 4 of them
I think 1911's are a thing of beauty and make great self defense guns as well as just being plain fun to shoot.
I dont own and probably never will own an AR
I own only one rifle and its a 22 and my only other long gun is a Rem 870 wingmaster that I have owned for some 38 years
If I bought another rifle it would probably be lever action because I think they are fun and cool.
I am against a ban or any legislation of bump stocks, braces, Silencers or anything else that impedes legal gun owners from doing what the hell they want with their guns
All of my semi auto handguns have a hammer.
I carry for self defense regularly and train with one in order to be more proficient but also like shooting just for the pure amusement and enjoyment of it.
I believe in constitutional carry
I don't believe felons should have guns

So .. because I dont own or care to own a Glock or AR or own a brace or bumpstock and I like and appreciate older tech.. does that make me a FUDD?

Sometimes I think if I am not actively waiting for an assault and admit to shooting because its damn fun .. Im not one of the cool kids.

Suck My Glock

Re: So explain to me this Fudd thing

Post by Suck My Glock »

Almost anybody looks down on others who don't see things the same way they do. This is just another one of those types of things. Gundudes who look at other gun folks who are just a bit more casual about the lifestyle or hobby and who don't passionately dig the same stuff.

But to be fair, there are always individual examples of dudes who embody the stereotype.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I always thought a Fudd was someone who didn't care what guns the gooberment came for as long as it wasn't the type they like. Or are Folks who are a "I support the second ammendment BUT" types.

Disingenuous s*** stirrers use the term as a pejorative to virtue signal their own absolute devotion to the second while insulting others. OR JUST TO INSULT OTHERS.

Marxist tools indeed. Helping divide and pit people against each other, i.e. marxism, for their own gratification without realizing what they are really doing, i.e. weakening targeted groups and helping those who wish to do them harm.

They should pull their phucking heads out and grow the phuck up.

IMHO ofcourse.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Why don't you own any semi-auto rifles? (or if your .22 is semi-auto, then why don't you own larger caliber ones?)

How would you feel if .gov banned semi-auto rifles? (that's a different question than "do you think they should?" or "do you approve a ban?".)

Do you enjoy shooting semi-auto rifles "just for the pure amusement or enjoyment of it"?

Do you think people should be able to own full auto?

To me, Fudd is defined very much by what guns you think people "need" or "don't need".
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Not a FUDD, Alex.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

50% FUDD, without a doubt.

Clyde
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Chrisandclaudia nailed it.

No doubt some morons would consider you a Fudd, but I certainly wouldn't.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Fudd:
0C01F998-8A58-488F-957D-B72274F49420.jpeg
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Abbey wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 4:39 pm Why don't you own any semi-auto rifles? (or if your .22 is semi-auto, then why don't you own larger caliber ones?)

How would you feel if .gov banned semi-auto rifles? (that's a different question than "do you think they should?" or "do you approve a ban?".)

Do you enjoy shooting semi-auto rifles "just for the pure amusement or enjoyment of it"?

Do you think people should be able to own full auto?

To me, Fudd is defined very much by what guns you think people "need" or "don't need".
I think it would be criminal and against the constitution to ban or prohibit ownership of semi auto rifles or any other rifle or machine gun.

I dont own higher caliber rifles because its just not my interest. To enjoy a rifle proper would require a range at least 300m or finding a spot in the desert to allow for it and its honestly more work than I want to invest. From what i read most of the available outdoor ranges where you can enjoy a rifle are riff with oppressive nasty RO's and .. just not my thing. I enjoyed shooting rifles at Casa grande but its a haul.

I had my experience with rifles while in the service and my interest is in mostly handguns since its something I carry and have around the house for immediate personal protection.. More power to anyone who enjoys longer range shooting and I might were it not for some of the hoops you have to jump through to enjoy them but .. I can go nearly anywhere and shoot my handguns and the same cant be said for Rifles although .. If I could find a pistol cartridge lever action say in .357 that was reliable .. I would be all over it ... but for the most part I really enjoy mastering handguns and shotgunning.Fast Closer quarter stuff works for me

As far as owning Full auto .. have at it. I got to fire a few on old AZS group shoots and have absolutely zero issue with anyone not a felon owning one. Had to many bad experiences with felons to think that enough of them are rehabilitated enough to own a potato gun but that is me.

Would I own one sure but they are prohibitively expensive.

As far as need or dont need ... I dont recall the second amendment addressing NEED or dont need. It was pretty simply written for on purpose.

Hear me out though ... I read comments on here and in other places about guys that like to go out and play with their guns at the range and never intend to carry them being FUDDS.

Cool if name calling is all you got but IMHO ... so long as they are for NON infringement of rights in all its forms .. why cant they be allowed to enjoy the second amendment as they see fit and why wouldn't the rest of us be happy to have them.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm

I think it would be criminal and against the constitution to ban or prohibit ownership of semi auto rifles or any other rifle or machine gun.

I dont own higher caliber rifles because its just not my interest. To enjoy a rifle proper would require a range at least 300m or finding a spot in the desert to allow for it and its honestly more work than I want to invest. From what i read most of the available outdoor ranges where you can enjoy a rifle are riff with oppressive nasty RO's and .. just not my thing. I enjoyed shooting rifles at Casa grande but its a haul.

I had my experience with rifles while in the service and my interest is in mostly handguns since its something I carry and have around the house for immediate personal protection.. More power to anyone who enjoys longer range shooting and I might were it not for some of the hoops you have to jump through to enjoy them but .. I can go nearly anywhere and shoot my handguns and the same cant be said for Rifles although .. If I could find a pistol cartridge lever action say in .357 that was reliable .. I would be all over it ... but for the most part I really enjoy mastering handguns and shotgunning.Fast Closer quarter stuff works for me

As far as owning Full auto .. have at it. I got to fire a few on old AZS group shoots and have absolutely zero issue with anyone not a felon owning one. Had to many bad experiences with felons to think that enough of them are rehabilitated enough to own a potato gun but that is me.

As far as need or dont need ... I dont recall the second amendment addressing NEED or dont need. It was pretty simply written for on purpose.

Hear me out though ... I read comments on here and in other places about guys that like to go out and play with their guns at the range and never intend to carry them being FUDDS.

Cool if name calling is all you got but IMHO ... so long as they are for NON infringement of rights in all its forms .. why cant they be allowed to enjoy the second amendment as they see fit and why wouldn't the rest of us be happy to have them.

I know many good people who are reliable and honest that are felons, and I believe they should have their rights restored at no cost to them. The statement above is what makes you part FUDD.

Clyde
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

kenpoprofessor wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 6:32 pm
Boriqua wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 6:20 pm

I know many good people who are reliable and honest that are felons, and I believe they should have their rights restored at no cost to them. The statement above is what makes you part FUDD.

Clyde
Your experience differs from mine. I haven't met a felon worth a $hit and there is a price to pay for commiting felonies.. you are ostracized from the community and your rights are removed.you don't get to vote you don't own a gun and you don't live like you didn't put yourself outside the community by commiting a felony. We will just have to differ there.
Last edited by Boriqua on February 2nd, 2023, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 6:58 pm

Your experience differs from mine. I haven't met a felon worth a $hit and there is a price to pay for commiting felonies.. you are ostracized from the community and your rights are removed. We will just have to differ there.
Yes, my experience with people is pretty vast, and yours must be limited, ergo, you think like a FUDD.

Clyde
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I am against a ban or any legislation of bump stocks, braces, Silencers or anything else that impedes legal gun owners from doing what the hell they want with their guns

Clearly, you are not an Elmer.... ;)
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

If someone has done their time, their rights should be restored IMO.
How else are the felons supposed to be able to do anything except commit anothper crime and end up back in prison.

I don't see this being fuddish, not even a small persent.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Tenring wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 7:19 pm If someone has done their time, their rights should be restored IMO.
How else are the felons supposed to be able to do anything except commit anothper crime and end up back in prison.

I don't see this being fuddish, not even a small persent.
What about when they do the time, but haven't paid the fines or restitution? Learn their lesson? Sure, straight and narrow now.
But, still owe the victims of their crimes and the state a chit ton of money. They can't get an "honest job" because they will have their wages garnished to pay it back. I know some of this type.