The same Manufacturer, Same accuracy?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

The same Manufacturer, Same accuracy?

Post by Boriqua »

A thread I started and a response I got have me thinking.I said that I was more accurate with some of my guns than others but mine are pretty much all different guns with different grip angles, feel, caliber and triggers. Im a pretty accurate shooter but still favor one over another when it comes to my personal accuracy and how easy it might be to be accurate with one.

So some of you are brand loyalists. I will use glock as an example since it is popular. If you have say 6 glocks but they are all different models, are you equally as accurate with all of them since they have the same grip angles and triggers or do you still favor one as being more accurate in your hands than the others?

Suck My Glock

Re: The same Manufacturer, Same accuracy?

Post by Suck My Glock »

Boriqua wrote: January 24th, 2023, 11:19 am A thread I started and a response I got have me thinking.I said that I was more accurate with some of my guns than others but mine are pretty much all different guns with different grip angles, feel, caliber and triggers. Im a pretty accurate shooter but still favor one over another when it comes to my personal accuracy and how easy it might be to be accurate with one.

So some of you are brand loyalists. I will use glock as an example since it is popular. If you have say 6 glocks but they are all different models, are you equally as accurate with all of them since they have the same grip angles and triggers or do you still favor one as being more accurate in your hands than the others?

No.

While I can't speak for everyone,...for me, the G19 is the most repetitively accurate for me. It comes down to the fact that the G19 is too small a grip for me to get my pinky on the front strap and it sort of dangles out there like an English gentleman drinking his dainty tea cup. Because of this, I don't pull my shots down and to the left like I tend to do with most other full size autos I can apply my pinky to. I love my full size G20, but I have to keep cognizant of this problem. Interestingly, the micro Glocks like the G26 are TOO small, and I never feel in control of one of them, and I suck in the accuracy department with those. The G42 and G43 are controllable for the same reason as the G19. Grip proportion.

By contrast, however, it's the reverse for me with 1911s. The reason is that riding the thumb safety applies counter-acting grip pressure from that of my pinky,...so with a 5in. Gov't Model I'm rather consistent and in control,...same for a Commander,...but an Officer's Model,...pfffft! I can't hit squat. I tend to pull up and to the right.

Double action triggers just make it worse. The longer the stroke, the more likely the aim will be disturbed as the grip dynamic changes as the trigger travels. A nicely tuned trigger with no over-travel helps a great deal, but still is a challenge without dedication to mastering it.
xerts1191

Re: The same Manufacturer, Same accuracy?

Post by xerts1191 »

G19 and 43x same, 1911s seem to differ from manufacturers, all using the same 9mm and .45 ammo at the same distance.
Win. and Marlin leverguns don’t differ much.
ARs, 7yrs later I’m still in mad scientist stage, I’ll be the guy toting the levergun at the next revolution.