Are you too scared, unconfident, or untrained to carry a gun in public?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Are you too scared, unconfident, or untrained to carry a gun in public?

Post by kenpoprofessor »

So, I talked to a guy at the range the other day that said he wasn't confident enough to carry a gun in public. Honestly, if you already know your weaknesses, why not attempt to improve? To me, if you're this way, realize it, and do nothing about it, then you deserve what you get if you could've possibly prevented it.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

Suck My Glock

Re: Are you too scared, unconfident, or untrained to carry a gun in public?

Post by Suck My Glock »

You know, in my years trying to figure out the opposing side, one epiphany I have had is that those who don't trust other people with guns is because they know they themselves can't be trusted with a gun. They at some point had an honest evaluation about themselves and realized that if they were to have a weapon at hand at any given moment, that they themselves would be at risk to act out in a foolish way. And because in their nihilism they are the most virtuous and responsible person they know,...obviously nobody else is capable of being any more virtuous or responsible than they are. So nobody can be trusted with a gun. They are scared of you and me because, actually, they are scared of themselves.

Now I have no problem with anyone realizing they are untrustworthy with a weapon. My only problem is when they transfer that condemnation from themselves onto me.

So don't be so hard on that guy at the range, Clyde. At least he's keeping his failings to himself and not trying to make you like himself.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Well said SMG!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

that imo by smg, was absolute ''bullshite'' seems liberalism is floating into your thought process, making it again''bullshite'', amazing how this joint is turning into calguns, so many infiltrators degrading what was a great joint. bummer was a time.

the end and the horror of it all
Rj
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

I feel naked when I am not carrying but I respect the laws surrounding the responsibility so if I am going to have wine or something with dinner my weapon is not with me. I do feel uncomfortable though and wish we had the same law as Idaho regarding that.
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

We have all known that person that it would be better if they called 911.

Carry on
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

knockonit wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:53 am that imo by smg, was absolute ''bullshite'' seems liberalism is floating into your thought process, making it again''bullshite'', amazing how this joint is turning into calguns, so many infiltrators degrading what was a great joint. bummer was a time.

Rj
I'm not sure how you came up with SMG spewing BS or leaning lefty. I think he was spot on.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:40 am So, I talked to a guy at the range the other day that said he wasn't confident enough to carry a gun in public. Clyde
Maybe cut the guy a little slack? ;) He might have been intimidated by your He-Man persona. :idea: He may have been struck with visually induced confusion due to your choice of shirt that day. :mrgreen: Perhaps he merely forgot one simple three-letter word? :think:

....confident enough to carry a gun in public. . . yet.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

Jack Dupp wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:08 am
knockonit wrote: January 20th, 2023, 6:53 am that imo by smg, was absolute ''bullshite'' seems liberalism is floating into your thought process, making it again''bullshite'', amazing how this joint is turning into calguns, so many infiltrators degrading what was a great joint. bummer was a time.

Rj
I'm not sure how you came up with SMG spewing BS or leaning lefty. I think he was spot on.

Agree, Also changes the direction of thought if that guy was willing to get comfortable enough to carry in public or not. He is already at the first step and at the range shooting his gat, maybe he just needs some encouragement or more trigger time to get to the next step and carry it.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Yes I am. I trust in the goodness of my fellow man. I mean person.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

when I took my CCW there was a guy that had to take the shooting portion over a couple of times. Could barely keep it on paper. He then asked during the classroom time "If I see some guys robing the grocery store across the street can I run over and intervene"

Good case of OVER confident.

Im all for a person assessing their skill set or personality and making personal decisions. I also support the guys that just enjoy the act of sport shooting and want no more than to go to the range and play with their toys. More power to them. Freedom and all.
Last edited by Boriqua on January 20th, 2023, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:17 am You know, in my years trying to figure out the opposing side, one epiphany I have had is that those who don't trust other people with guns is because they know they themselves can't be trusted with a gun. They at some point had an honest evaluation about themselves and realized that if they were to have a weapon at hand at any given moment, that they themselves would be at risk to act out in a foolish way. And because in their nihilism they are the most virtuous and responsible person they know,...obviously nobody else is capable of being any more virtuous or responsible than they are. So nobody can be trusted with a gun. They are scared of you and me because, actually, they are scared of themselves.

Now I have no problem with anyone realizing they are untrustworthy with a weapon. My only problem is when they transfer that condemnation from themselves onto me.

So don't be so hard on that guy at the range, Clyde. At least he's keeping his failings to himself and not trying to make you like himself.
Well said
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

I know more than one person who carries only "in bad parts of town". This northeast corner of mesa does have low crime rates but for the two street shootings, headless corpse dumped in Bashas dumpster, nothing to see here. Automobiles bring the bad part of town to your exit pretty easy.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Boriqua wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:12 am
Suck My Glock wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:17 am You know, in my years trying to figure out the opposing side, one epiphany I have had is that those who don't trust other people with guns is because they know they themselves can't be trusted with a gun. They at some point had an honest evaluation about themselves and realized that if they were to have a weapon at hand at any given moment, that they themselves would be at risk to act out in a foolish way. And because in their nihilism they are the most virtuous and responsible person they know,...obviously nobody else is capable of being any more virtuous or responsible than they are. So nobody can be trusted with a gun. They are scared of you and me because, actually, they are scared of themselves.

Well said
No, it wasn't "well said", the statements completely missed the point of my post and question. Geezus, some of you people need help.

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Rj
Now that was well said, good to see I caught your eye again :mrgreen:

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde