Pistol Brace ruling from ATF released.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
blasternaz
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Pistol Brace ruling from ATF released.

Post by blasternaz »

(iv) A rifle with a barrel length of less than sixteen inches, or shotgun with a barrel length of less than eighteen inches, or any firearm that is made from a rifle or shotgun and that, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

Damned if we does, damned we if don't. Sigh, ...
Last edited by blasternaz on February 12th, 2023, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Yeah, this is bad juju........someone going to end up in prison if they are not careful.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Tenring wrote: February 12th, 2023, 5:43 pm Yeah, this is bad juju........someone going to end up in prison if they are not careful.
Careful has nothing to do with. They shall set someone up. This is the ATF we're discussing. Hell, even the FBI don't play by no actual rules anymore.
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Gatsby »

I'm not sure I understand their concern... the last item from that link:

B. The items set forth in subsection A, paragraph 8, subdivision (a), items (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) of this section do not include any firearms or devices that are possessed, manufactured or transferred in compliance with federal law.

The Form-1 is manufacturing the SBR; doesn't that mean it's in compliance with federal law?
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Suck My Glock wrote: February 12th, 2023, 7:53 pm
Tenring wrote: February 12th, 2023, 5:43 pm Yeah, this is bad juju........someone going to end up in prison if they are not careful.
Careful has nothing to do with. They shall set someone up. This is the ATF we're discussing. Hell, even the FBI don't play by no actual rules anymore.
Yep

No one with an personal integrity works for or with the ATF. You can't work for an agency that does what they do if you have any integrity. Regardless which letter is your focus.

The FBI has allowed themselves to become the same marxist tools the ATF has been. Destroying Americans freedoms at the whims of marxist pols with no push back or complaints.
Azgunlover69

Post by Azgunlover69 »

Gatsby wrote: February 13th, 2023, 3:06 am I'm not sure I understand their concern... the last item from that link:

B. The items set forth in subsection A, paragraph 8, subdivision (a), items (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) of this section do not include any firearms or devices that are possessed, manufactured or transferred in compliance with federal law.

The Form-1 is manufacturing the SBR; doesn't that mean it's in compliance with federal law?
That's exactly what I thought as well...
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

I think the issue is, until the ATF approves your stamp you are in violation of state law. Then the question is, will the ATF give you a stamp knowing you are in violation of state law?

I posted a link to this thread into the NFA section of the forum to see what the NFA guys have to say as well.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Tenring wrote: February 13th, 2023, 9:25 am I think the issue is, until the ATF approves your stamp you are in violation of state law.

I posted a link to this thread into the NFA section of the forum to see what the NFA guys have to say as well.
Cite the state statute that references “stamp approval” or says anything about the NFA registry.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Tenring wrote: February 13th, 2023, 9:25 am I think the issue is, until the ATF approves your stamp you are in violation of state law. Then the question is, will the ATF give you a stamp knowing you are in violation of state law?

From the ATF site:

PRIOR TO AND A FTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX F ORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO
POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION
TO REGISTER M Y FIREARM?

Yes, but registrants should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

delta6 wrote: February 13th, 2023, 10:14 am
Tenring wrote: February 13th, 2023, 9:25 am I think the issue is, until the ATF approves your stamp you are in violation of state law. Then the question is, will the ATF give you a stamp knowing you are in violation of state law?

From the ATF site:

PRIOR TO AND A FTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX F ORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO
POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION
TO REGISTER M Y FIREARM?

Yes, but registrants should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession.
Thank you - so with that and Gatsby's post sounds like one should be ok if they have submitted to register their SBR/pistol.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Lord help me, Armed Scholar Miranda could put an amped-up coke-head to sleep witin moments......
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

pneuby wrote: February 14th, 2023, 5:54 pm Lord help me, Armed Scholar Miranda could put an amped-up coke-head to sleep witin moments......
Click bait master.
AZgnu 007
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by AZgnu 007 »

This issue is what prompted me to become a life member with GOA.

I'm taking a wait and see approach, and as the deadline looms closer, we'll see what course of action we have left to play.

Hopefully everyone is donating to whatever orgs they choose that are fighting this BS.