Pistol Brace ruling from ATF released.

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Pistol Brace ruling from ATF released.

Post by QuietM4 »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 19th, 2023, 12:45 pm
Crippledtrigger wrote: January 18th, 2023, 7:41 pm Still not published in the register.
Anyone who wants to play it safe, still has time to transfer their braced pistols into their trust so the trust gets free tax stamps if they decide to register.

It only takes a couple minutes and is meaningless if you decide not to register or ATF gets slapped down as they should.
Maybe....the Form 1 website requires proof of Trust ownership prior to 1/13/2023. Now, is that date a place holder while they decide on the actual Federal Register entry date? No one really knows...but printing out a new Schedule A for your trust with all your braced firearms listed is a pretty easy hedge.

Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

LMFAO, Morons:

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

QuietM4 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:44 pm
Crippledtrigger wrote: January 18th, 2023, 7:41 pm Still not published in the register.
Anyone who wants to play it safe, still has time to transfer their braced pistols into their trust so the trust gets free tax stamps if they decide to register.

It only takes a couple minutes and is meaningless if you decide not to register or ATF gets slapped down as they should.
Maybe....the Form 1 website requires proof of Trust ownership prior to 1/13/2023. Now, is that date a place holder while they decide on the actual Federal Register entry date? No one really knows...but printing out a new Schedule A for your trust with all your braced firearms listed is a pretty easy hedge.
I know a guy who didn't even add them to the trust schedule. He did a transfer of personal property form with a schedule "A" of items transferred, then had his signature notarized to establish the date of transfer to an existing NFA trust.

If ATF gets their hands slapped he intends to just transfer them back to private ownership or lose the forms. If not he will wait until the last week or so and might register them for free.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 19th, 2023, 6:55 pm
QuietM4 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:44 pm

I know a guy who didn't even add them to the trust schedule. He did a transfer of personal property form with a schedule "A" of items transferred, then had his signature notarized to establish the date of transfer to an existing NFA trust.

If ATF gets their hands slapped he intends to just transfer them back to private ownership or lose the forms. If not he will wait until the last week or so and might register them for free.

I'm doing the same. Had it notarized today after lunch (apparently my office building offers an in house notary service for free...which I did not know about until today!). Also might have added a few stripped lowers to the list as well...I'm in the middle of assembling them with KAK blades right now :lol: .

If it works, awesome. If not, it's easily reversible.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

IMG_7814.JPG
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Almost like they are offering you something for free .... is forbearance free .... or can they change their minds a few years from now. Because you still owe the price of the stamp.

Since when is anything free especially from these people, this is a trap.
Last edited by Tenring on January 26th, 2023, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I'm also in the wait and see category. The guy I know who transferred pistols into a trust has SBRs so his short barrels are 100% legal, and a lot of 16" uppers, so no way to play a "constructive intent" game. One item remains, an AK pistol with a brace so he may do something with that after the smoke settles. Here are the option:

AZHTfreak

Post by AZHTfreak »

Pale Rider wrote: January 19th, 2023, 6:00 pm LMFAO, Morons:

Ya'll are forwarned you lemming fudds out there...
Firemoose
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Firemoose »

I was really never that impressed with my pistol. I've been wanting a long scoped type anyway.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Firemoose wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 12:27 am I was really never that impressed with my pistol. I've been wanting a long scoped type anyway.
Ah, nothing like more "I'll comply" virtue signaling.

Clyde
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Skip the first TWO minutes. It's addressing click-bait he put into a prior unrelated vid..

DM47

Post by DM47 »

Is Fuddsy Huddsy back with a new alt? Boy, I got caught out thinking Troll Tuesday had come early. What a great surprise!
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

At 6:01 they say a buffer tube is ok.......

Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Here also:

sonofbp

Post by sonofbp »

They say what makes it a rifle are the type of optic, length of pull, surface area of the brace/receiver extension, and other things. They refuse to define what any of those things are so they cannot be complied with. They don't want the ability to comply in a way they don't like as was done with the 94 AWB.
I'm going to take a free sbr on something I was planning on doing anyways but just that one, hopefully this s*** gets destroyed in the courts and preferably the nfa as a whole... this vague and capricious "redefining" of things already defined in stature needs to stop.
The non-compliance on this is going to be way more widespread than the much less widely owned bumpstocks.